Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'The Sacrifice' End Game Content (Spoilers)

The only thing this answers is the question of what warframes are, and anyone who was paying attention already knew. The big villain was a terrible let-down, nothing more than a few trash mobs and that's it? GG? Nothing new to do after finishing the quest? Just wait until a month after Tennocon for the Venus update and hope that isn't another disaster like PoE I guess.

2 minutes ago, SteamlordD said:

The only thing this answers is the question of what warframes are, and anyone who was paying attention already knew. The big villain was a terrible let-down, nothing more than a few trash mobs and that's it? GG? Nothing new to do after finishing the quest? Just wait until a month after Tennocon for the Venus update and hope that isn't another disaster like PoE I guess.

What are warframes? I've spoiled myself on the sacrifice quest but didn't see anything about what general warframes are...enlighten me!

The second dream was like 4 and a half missions. It took 30-40 minutes at most to complete

War Within was not more than an hour.

The Sacrifice follows suit and is the same lenght as the others.

Edited by rune_me

3 minutes ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

What are warframes? I've spoiled myself on the sacrifice quest but didn't see anything about what general warframes are...enlighten me!

Sorry, unless I missed something Ballas explicitly states that Warframes as a whole are Dax soldiers forced into Helminth infested systems and grown into perfect soldiers. That's it.

Hi, I think i just finished the sacrifice. Really enjoyed it but i think i'm missing something.

Had the fight with Ballas and company, and then space mum flew away into the sky back to tau.

Now im back on my orbiter and there are no new things to grind or quest markers?

I'm a little confused. Second Dream added the massive focus system, War within added all the rivens and kuva and all i can see that is different now are a few new mods?

Is there some new content or was the 6 month content drought for a 45 min quest and thats it?

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Mkilbride:

3 Years. Every year, DE hyping the hell out of Umbra.

3 years!

Then it releases. Takes 45 minutes. No unique mission types.  What the fuuuuuck? The Second Dream, War Within, all took 2-3 hours and had unique missions as well as fights.

The story was incredibly interesting. But it ends on a CLIFFHANGER...after 3 years! DE even said it would answer all our questions about TSD & WW and be the finale in a trio of quests.

Im pretty let down myself. TSD and TWW were great but this? Lotus just goes poof, ballas the big badass gets stabbed once and just falls down. And a huge ass cliffhanger and more questions. Im sorry but no, the wait was so not worth it, im actually not wanting to play anymore thats how pissed and annoyed i am.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Excalibur--prime:

Hi, I think i just finished the sacrifice. Really enjoyed it but i think i'm missing something.

Had the fight with Ballas and company, and then space mum flew away into the sky back to tau.

Now im back on my orbiter and there are no new things to grind or quest markers?

I'm a little confused. Second Dream added the massive focus system, War within added all the rivens and kuva and all i can see that is different now are a few new mods?

Is there some new content or was the 6 month content drought for a 45 min quest and thats it?

Nope thats it, we waitied 3 years for that. A freaking black excalibur and a huge dissappointment from the quest. Conclusion my ass...

yup I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I expected more from Umbra from all the hype building over years but when you finally play him... he was very underwhelming. Seems like just a excal skin with slight tweaks, even with the new mods.

The quest wasn't worth the wait and hype either. it just seemed to be over so fast, including exploring around. The story didnt give me that OMG feeling at all. Not even at the end with lotus reveal.  It was more like "Oh joy a cliffhanger.... great..... now the super long wait again for the next quest."

The only good part was that we didn't have to grind Umbra and could be built right away.  

i think they hired someone to spend a week or so making the artwork assets then wrote the missions around them. 

Which leads to look at the same scene over and over and over, and listening to a lot of pointless and way to long junk of a 'story'.   The cruelest thing around it is the addition of the continue feature; since most people i know will do those parts of the quests alt tabbed out.

I feel that people are over thinking how much DE actually worked on this over those 3 years. To give some perspective, try to remember how a lot of their projects get side tracked or put on hold. They also purposely waited to use Umbra in a more meaningful way then their china release. If you think about it, a lot of what we have had in between was setup for this. Or, you could say they decided to use Umbra in this manner because of what came in between their china release and now.

So no, I don't think they actively worked on The Sacrifice/Umbra these 3 years with a lot of investment. At most they might have been brainstorming on how to use Umbra as they also worked on other projects and kept revising it's course.

it was another cinematic quest, nothing more, nothing less. I don't know why people kept hyping umbra to begin with for so long.

I am beyond mad with DE about this, not only have we been waiting 3 years for this, but we've been cliffhanging for half a year! They not only let everyone believe that this would give us the answers we've been looking for, but actively advertised it! Which is a blatant lie. Not to mention Umbra is exactly what I feared him to be. A normal specter that is automatically used when you use transference. that's all he is.

I prey. I PREY. that DE messed up bad, and accidentally made the quest triggered to conclude before it was suppose to. They lied to us, gave us a cliffhanger and lead us to believe for 6 MONTHS that The Sacrifice would give us all the answers, it would be our conclusion, but it was not even close. In fact, it left us on ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER. Assuming the end was intentional, What DE did here is not okay for a professional game company. They should know how story arcs go, and how you don't make your audience wait a half a year and lead them to believe that they're going to get the answers they want, and the conclusion, for half a year, and then DON'T.

I am so angry, so pissed that I waited for nothing, I don't even want to open or play warframe until this is dealt officially with. This is absolutely not okay.

Not to mention the whole thing with the lotus. 

Spoiler

What? Are they just going to keep that "Ordis is simulating the Lotus" Bandaid for another year and a half? What the hell were they thinking with this?! I was so happy that that situation was finally going to be delt with, answers about the helminth room, answers about nearly everything, really. I am BOILING.

Edited by TennoHack

2 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

I am so angry, so pissed, I'm not going to play warframe until this is dealt with. This is absolutely not okay.

Because a free update mission didn't conclude the way you want? I was a little unsatisfied myself but if you take this so personally then maybe you should take a break for other reasons.

Well I liked it. I wished the Operator/Umbra relationship had a bit more meat instead of a 2 mins chitchat to rally the warframe but that's about it. The story was solid and I enjoyed it. I simply hope the following part isn't coming next year. 😊

4 minutes ago, Roll__Fizzlebeef said:

Because a free update mission didn't conclude the way you want? I was a little unsatisfied myself but if you take this so personally then maybe you should take a break for other reasons.

This was a quest that DE had 20+million people excited for and looking forward to for a whole year. DE, a professional game design studio. So yes, we're mad because the story didn't conclude at it's conclusion. I'm not expecting for everything to be wrapped up in a nice neat bow, but come the truck on.

Edited by TennoHack

1 minute ago, TennoHack said:

This was a quest that DE had 20+million people excited for and looking forward to for a whole year. DE, a professional game design studio. So yes, we're mad because the story didn't conclude at it's conclusion. I'm not expecting for everything to be wrapped up in a nice neat bow, but come the frick on.

You only even got the quest because everyone demanded that we get the shiny Excalibur that China got for their Founder's program.

Quit blaming DE for the excess hype created by the community.