Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'The Sacrifice' End Game Content (Spoilers)

10 hours ago, TennoHack said:

This was a quest that DE had 20+million people excited for and looking forward to for a whole year. DE, a professional game design studio. So yes, we're mad because the story didn't conclude at it's conclusion. I'm not expecting for everything to be wrapped up in a nice neat bow, but come the truck on.

Yes, and like that guy, I will remind you that THEY DO THIS FOR FREE. Take a deep breath and go do something else.

3 hours ago, Elfezen said:

You get the strongest Warframe ever and his weapons with advanced mods, this is more reward than all previous quests lol

its not about the reward.. its about it added nothing to the game we can do now.. SD added focus and TWW added rivens and full operator mode.. this adds nothing but 1 frame and 1 nikana

10 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

The story was incredibly interesting. But it ends on a CLIFFHANGER...after 3 years! DE even said it would answer all our questions about TSD & WW and be the finale in a trio of quests.

You are being generous there. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Now, I understand that it's mainly at the fact that the introduction and release of Umbra has been building up for 3 years and it does nothing to alleviate content drought. Not going to try and talk anyone down from being angry about that, you have your right to be if Umbra doesn't deliver in light of 3 years of waiting in your opinion, or that you wanted more than just Umbra and a possible Umbra system with frames and mods with new stats and effects being introduced in coming updates.

But what I have an issue with is people being angry that this quest "Didn't really wrap anything up."

Well, it did. It wrapped up the first chapter of DE's story. The story that is the Sentients once more endangering the Origin system.

Remember in the Second Dream, we get our first look in game at Sentients. We learn that the Lotus is actually a Sentient named Natah. She was sent in to destroy the Tennos from the inside out, since they proved to be the most effective force against the Sentients. However, she betrayed the Sentients and hid away them and Lua in the Void. We also learn that Hunhow is making new incursions into the Origin System once more to attempt to find and destroy these old foes. We free ourselves from the newly revealed Lua, escape back to our Orbiter and learn how Hunhow has been mentoring the Stalker to kill Warframes by using his anger towards them as a motivator (supposedly the Stalker seems to be a Warframe himself).

In the War Within, while not directly continuing the Sentient aggression, we do come to find out more about the Old War, the Orokin Empire and their control of Oro, and even the Tenno themselves and how Transference works. Which is important, because Teshin seems to understand just how strong these powers are against the Sentients. All of this to train our in game characters to better control Transference and the Void Powers so that we have a greater arsenal to fight the Sentients with.

As an aside, we go to the Plains and hunt Eidolons, the ghostly remnants of Sentients that were defeated on earth and further gain training in Transference and Void Powers. Those amps are way more powerful than our original pee stream of Void Energy.

Finally, in the Sacrifice, we learn of a Warframe that was destroyed because of its particular tendency of rebelling against Ballas and his work to take down the Orokin Empire. While it gives a deeper look into the creation of Warframes for those that aren't Codex and Synthesizing junkies, it gives us the next step in this story: The true strength of a Sentient. Umbra can easily go toe-to-toe with Mimics and Batalysts, they are nothing. But Natah, Natah is a daughter of Hunhow, the most powerful of all Sentients. She annihilates him in the opening cut scene, and in the end, without Umbra there to take our Operators out of danger, both we and the Umbra would have been destroyed absolutely. Then she just, takes off, back to the Tau System where the rest of the Sentients still reside.

This is our new direction. This is where the next chapter is going to take us. Over the next few updates, I predict we'll be doing more content that deals with the Focus System, Amps, and this new concept of the Umbra frame. We're going to build up our powers, our supplies, and possibly even allies, then, we're going to go on the offensive. Chapter 2, the next set of cinematic quests, is gonna focus on getting to the Tau system.

It does mean we're going to have to wait, because depending on how many assets and new mission types, weapons, characters, and what all else goes into the making of content, there's a lot for them to create and write, and finally execute. Personally, I am looking forward to it, The Sacrifice brought to close a chapter with a promise for the next chapter to have the true ground-shaking and reshaping effects of a full conflict with the old enemies of the Orokin Empire.

Edited by JDragonkin

9 minutes ago, Gorylas said:

its not about the reward.. its about it added nothing to the game we can do now.. SD added focus and TWW added rivens and full operator mode.. this adds nothing but 1 frame and 1 nikana

Honestly, I don’t care. All I’ve wanted is the frame. The quest is definitely not up to SD standard, but then again nothing can ever be simply because that quest dropped multiple bombs.

The one thing I am curious about, what happened to Ballas’ sword? Wasn’t it supposed to be a quest reward too?

1 minute ago, (PS4)super_sayene_4 said:

angry? i am not angry i am happy this queste is a master peace people waited for umbra not for the queste but both are awesome ^^

I'm quite satisfied as well, but I have seen quite a few people expressing disappointment at best to anger and "DE is the worst" at worst. They just misinterpreted that the closing of the 'First chapter of Cinematic Quests in Warframe' = a fully rounded story and not just that Chapter 1 of a much longer story. Chapters tend to leave off with trying to get the viewer to want to know more.

People get angry at the smallest things these days, don't mind them.

I personally liked the end. Mostly cause it justified my distrust towards the Lotus and I can't wait to blow her up, but, still, it was a good end leading towards new things. While I'm aware that might take a while, I still think DE will do a good job, so, I'm fine with waiting. It's not like DE is the only one doing cliffhangers.

Im angry about the still ongoing content drought. TSD and TWW added more content alongside a huge lore quest. This? Nothing. And im sorry umbra and a few mods, that you cant even use outside of umbra, dont count. Nothing of substance was added. Im speaking from a vet point of view, I literally have nothing to do I was hoping Sacrifice added something to kill my time, but nope. Super Dissappointed.

2 minutes ago, Shiichibukai said:

Im angry about the still ongoing content drought.

Alright, I'll edit this in as well, I'm speaking to those angry about the lore added to the story of Warframe. Hopefully in the next Cinematic Quest they can get more content in than the frameworks of the Umbra system.

Im angry about the still ongoing content drought. TSD and TWW added more content alongside a huge lore quest. This? Nothing. And im sorry umbra and a few mods, that you cant even use outside of umbra, dont count. Nothing of substance was added. Im speaking from a vet point of view, I literally have nothing to do I was hoping Sacrifice added something to kill my time, but nope. Super Dissappointed.

You aren't the only vet (been here since 2012) and I gotta say that this was a really nice thing to have brought in. Then again, I don't exactly get upset when I am not given dozens of new things to devour in 3 hours followed by complaining about content droughts. Due to the wait (psychologically), I was against playing very much over the past 2 years. This update served as an unlocker for me mentally, and allows me to play without feeling like I am waiting for something. 

10 minutes ago, Shiichibukai said:

And im sorry umbra and a few mods, that you cant even use outside of umbra, dont count

You can use them anywhere. Its not umbra only. Tho i agree about content drought, its horrible. When primes is your main content for... close to a year? This is sad, not to mention primes shouldnt count as "normal" content anyway, cuz they're on their own set schedule and have to be released in certain timeframe one after another.

Edited by Sormaran

vor 3 Minuten schrieb mythicsful:

You aren't the only vet (been here since 2012) and I gotta say that this was a really nice thing to have brought in. Then again, I don't exactly get upset when I am not given dozens of new things to devour in 3 hours followed by complaining about content droughts. Due to the wait (psychologically), I was against playing very much over the past 2 years. This update served as an unlocker for me mentally, and allows me to play without feeling like I am waiting for something. 

Its the opposite to me, its not a conclusion for me at all, it just makes me annoyed how much of a cliffhanger this was. And its not a complaint. Its a fact that we have an ongoing content drought but w.e's I suppose.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Sormaran:

You can use them anywhere. Its not umbra only. Tho i agree about content drought, its horrible. When primes is your main content for... close to a year? This is sad, not to mention primes shouldnt count as "normal" content anyway, cuz they're on their on set schedule and have to be released in certain timeframe one after another.

You cant forma into the polarity needed for them, hence why i said you cant use them outside of umbra. Yet.

You cant forma into the polarity needed for them, hence why i said you cant use them outside of umbra. Yet.

So? Even in most hungry for capacity builds you need like 3-4 formas. Now you need 1-2 more to have space for new mods? You talking like we have to polarize every single slot to be able to use it.

Gerade eben schrieb Sormaran:

So? Even in most hungry for capacity builds you need like 3-4 formas. Now you need 1-2 more to have space for new mods? You talking like we have to polarize every single slot to be able to use it.

Why would I use it without having the polarity for it? Thats mad dumb, rather use a normal vitality than use that. Way too expensive to use without.

Hmm I do kinda get being sorta irritated(?) I'm not sure if that's the right word. Because they did say the Sacrifice was the end of the Trilogy but at the same time they ended it on a cliffhanger and you can't really truly end something on a gigantic cliffhanger. Cause that isn't really an end, it's just a continuation of that something. 

That said I wouldn't say I was in any way angered, if anything it made me anticipate the super secret project that they where talking about on the Devstrea, that will likely be the big reveal at Tennocon, even more. Cause let's face it, we all already knew about Venus that wasn't going to be a show stopper. Even tho the super secret project was kinda obvious before and now the Sacrifice has all but plastered it with giant neon lights, it's still going to be interesting. 

Edited by Oreades

11 minutes ago, Shiichibukai said:

Im angry about the still ongoing content drought.

I kinda have to agree with this. Wilt I'm not angry at it, it was very deflating to finish the quest and then immediately realize I went back to having nothing to do. I mean, heck, I didn't even have to level Umbra and his sword. Cool that they've given it to us like that, but still, that could have been 1-2 more hours of content (for my slow speed). Since the polarity for Umbral mods isn't available either, I literally have no reason to grind for endo to level those mods up. So, yeah, really disappointing that there wasn't more to do after the quest.

Just now, Shiichibukai said:

Why would I use it without having the polarity for it? Thats mad dumb, rather use a normal vitality than use that. Way too expensive to use without.

Cheap build. Something that has a decent rank, a 'set bonus,' and is actually not too shabby with what it actually adds, all for free. But hey, if you look at it and can't find that it fits your personal builds, I'm not gonna talk you into it.

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Because they did say the Sacrifice was the end of the Trilogy but at the same time they ended it on a cliffhanger and you can't really truly end something on a gigantic cliffhanger.

In my post above, this is the end of a trilogy that is just a Chapter in the story. It wraps up the first step in this story in learning about Sentients and their most recent incursions into the Origin System, still wanting to destroy the Tenno and Warframes (rightly so). So, yeah, it's not supposed to have a complete conclusion and answer to everything, but the most pressing questions of who/what are the sentients and the Warframes? Of course, those that paid really close attention to everything to be gained by Synthesizing and Codex hunting knew everything, this is setting the stage for our retaliation against the Sentients in the next chapter and bringing to close our reliance on a Sentient sent to kill us by Hunhow.