Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'The Sacrifice' End Game Content (Spoilers)

well I think it actually answered all the questions: What's a frame? What's the tranference doing to the warframes? Who actually betrayed the Orokins? What lotus actually look like? That's all answered. But of course, they put that gigantic cliffhanger in the end which made tons of new questions

1 hour ago, Neo_182 said:

Also wasn't umbra supposed to be entirely different than Excalibur?

No...it wasn't. Don't know where you got the notion. Like how Primes are basically stylistic redesigned basic warframes with buffed stats.

Umbra having Radial Howl rather than Radial Blind, being able to turn invisible when performing stealth finishers on enemies blinded by Radial Howl (turns out that this was due to the hidden passive of the Skiajati), being able to animate himself when you transference out of him, and has his own set of unique mods and polarities actually makes him way different than Excalibur, if not in terms of functionality. That came as quite a surprise, in my opinion. 

Edited by Mesaeux
Corrected wrong information.

ED7D8C1CB4B96CCBC146D6F564D528366C2F4150

After finishing the story, I was left disappointed. I expected something like the Second Dream or the War Within... Don't get me wrong, I liked the Sacrifice but it just didn't feel on par with the other 2 major cinematic stories and feels even weaker than Chains of Harrow. Also that ending was clearly RUSHED... Hope when we get the introduction to Star Base / Planet Tau the story will get better (Hope is just another step on the road to disappointment).

Not to mention I never liked the Excalibro warframe (Good for you if you like him, it's just not for me), so getting Endo just to max mods on a warframe that will collect dust in my orbiter is pointless. Anyway, I am out, will be back on the 19th, the only worthy thing farming for is my beautiful Limbo Prime ❤️

Before I go, I have to thank DE. I don't have to max Excal-Umbra for Mr Fodder, it's already Maxed.

4 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

yeah this whole this was pretty disappointing. the quest was good, but the ending is just bla. Umbra is literally just a better excal with a nifty gimick that doesn't really matter at all.

But the worst part, and in DEs case the most damming for their investors, is that once you beat the quest I felt 0 motivation to keep playing. There was no new content to work towards, there was no new mechanic to have fun with, There isnt even a reason for me to grind out endo to max the new mods since they might as well be exclusive to umbra because their polarities are locked to umbra.

I actually felt discouraged to continue playing because if I want to I have to go through the hassle of formaing all my exalted weapons! and why would I want to forma all my stuff when I have no new content to play once I do forma my stuff?

Pretty much every new quest, even the smaller ones have boosted my motivation to play and it keeps me coming back every day for at least 2 weeks. This time though DE basically just ensured I wont be returning the the game until its next big content update.

I understand your pain, man. The Second Dream quest introduce us to a new planet(Lua) for the quest and operator with focus school. The war within also introduce us to operator transference, riven, and kuva fortress. I dont mind with short and interesting cinematic quest like The Sacrifice but i was hoping DE might introduce to new game mechanics for this new quest to help warframe veteran and newbies alike to keep them engage like grinding for new item or loot or introduce us to new tileset to explore. 

hace 2 horas, Kuettbullen dijo:

Yes, people wanted Umbra. But NO ONE forced them to make Umbra part of the Sacrifice quest. Steve even said during his periscope stream earlier today before the quests release that it was not intended from the start to have Umbra as a reward. They decided to scrap the original Sacrifice quest and remake it to make Umbra fit. And because of that it felt rushed and was disappointing.

So... what's the mystery here? You are answering yourself...

The community wanted exca umbra so bad that DE had to change the quest to fit umbra in it... so the quest felt rushed for most people (not for me though). And who's the one to blame? The community. If exca umbra wasn't part of the quest, there would be a million post asking for umbra, "trash quest didn't gave us umbra", blahblah, stupid things like that...

The community spit straight up over their heads when they asked so bad for umbra and it fell down right on their faces when DE had to re-do the quest to put umbra in it because the community wanted to.

2 hours ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

So what are the warframes that we use? Just infested clones based on original dax soldiers?

I believe that they are infested replicas of the original warframes. I don't think that all warframes were based on infested Dax soldiers. They used whoever suited their purpose. It just so happened that Excalibur Umbra's...person...was a Dax. And whether they are clones, I'm not sure. I think of them as biomechanical constructs, no longer requiring the original host once they template has been saved into the form of a blueprint. 

14 minutes ago, TheRakant said:

We aren't owed anything, we got more free content, free frame, free sword, and a series of cosmetic stuff for said frame. People are acting like DE robbed them of their money, or pride.. idk. Get a grip guys, even if it isn't exactly what you wanted, just freaking put the game down and wait for more free S#&$ in the future.

Lastly, Operator forced segments go either decently, or horridly. I personally had a easy time dealing with the enemies because my Operator is maxed out with the Quills, but actually trying to void blast Umbra was a pain due to his ability to stun lock you.

DE owes us nothing, and the players owe DE nothing. People will simply start putting the game down, which is normal, but usually title updates draw in large numbers of players and keep them for months. I can't imagine new players or veterans spending more than a few weeks of casual play on this update.

I agree with operator segments. Fighting enemies with them is still a chore, simply cheesing out the ai in some segments of the quest seemed like the most effective way to go about most of the time

Did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment?

Lads. Y’all did this to yourselves, 100%. DE did not overhype Umbra. The community spent three years shrieking themselves silly over Umbra, ignoring the voices of reason telling them to have some perspective. For the past two years, I haven’t so much been waiting for Umbra as I’ve been waiting for the salty hype backlash.

I was expecting Umbra to be something different from regular/prime excal because thats what the devs said they wanted to do. They said they wanted Umbra to be something besides just a skin.

Granted, Umbra does have the new polarities and can follow you around, but the following thing is almost worthless because no one uses operator mode, and im so over playing excal that a more powerful excal is just super lackluster.

Even if his powers had slight modifications to them it would have made an enormous difference. Give his exalted blade a new move set, make it so radial javelin is a targeted ability, etc. Something... anything to make him feel somewhat different when you're playing him.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment.

Lads. Y’all did this to yourselves, 100%. DE did not overhype Umbra. The community spent three years shrieking themselves silly over Umbra, ignoring the voices of reason telling them to have some perspective. For the past two years, I haven’t so much been waiting for Umbra as I’ve been waiting for the salty hype backlash.

Freaking THIS!

I'm honestly clueless as to what you people expected, we knew from the get go that Umbra was destined to be a barely tweaked Excalibur, the Devs didn't even hype him, you could tell they were outright ignoring his existance, actively avoiding mentioning him unless caught off guard by the community by getting questions about him.

I'm just happy he's got a Scarf~

I don't get it... This is exactly what DE promised to us: a story about Ballas and umbra frames. For god's sake they even gifted us with excal umbra+new katana fully built, maxed and potatoed, so no farm AT ALL. 

I have enjoyed the quest as much as the others. Some plot twist were really unexpected and opens up great new ways to continue with the story.

About new gameplay it was pretty much oblivious that nothing new was coming. Hek, by the end of the summer we'll all meet on plains of venus.

It's an (free) update, not a whole new game.

PS: feel free to correct my grammar

Outside of the ending (which was disappointing because cliffhanger), I got exactly what I was expecting from this update. A new Warframe, some answers about the setting, and a few ancillary rewards. Anything else would be a bonus, nothing more.

My main disappointment with The Sacrifice is the lack of an operator upgrade (which both of the other cinematic missions had) and the lack of a resolution to the story. It just seems... empty. There's nothing new that came from this update, other than Umbra himself. There aren't even other mods to farm for. It's just "Here you go, have an Umbra" and that's it.

Thankfully it seems there are enough people here that didn't over-hype themselves into disappointment. That said, I'll just copy/paste this and leave it at that. I stated this in an earlier post.

"Umbra's first "tease" was the fact that he was in the Chinese version of Warframe as a "Founders" reward for them, since DE was contractually obligated to keep Excalibur Prime as an exclusive to our version's Founders. It was only when we as a community started demanding we get what China gets is when DE began making the motions to release this content to us. Wukong and Nezha were a part of this content as well - initially DE was not planning on bringing them over. (Note, this is all from memory so do with it what you will)

When it came to Umbra, they decided to make him a bit more special for us, and all that was mentioned of him was that he would be part of a quest later down the line. After that, the devs were very quiet about him. The next time they spoke of him officially was that trailer in last year's Tennocon.

Every other time we've heard the name Umbra, it was from the community. "Where's Umbra?" "When is Umbra coming?" "Cool story, but when's Umbra?" <---- This self-hyping nonsense has been going on for those 3 years you pointed out.

So no - DE has not been hyping Umbra for 3 years. We, the community have been."

As for the actual Sacrifice quest, it was awesome and answered tons of questions while leaving us with new ones that will keep us intrigued until the next big lore update. It was also fun, challenging, and rewarded us with a free - immensely powerful - warframe and an awesome weapon to go with him (Though personally I'm not a big fan of the nikanas mostly due to their stances. I think they need new animations imo). You can kinda tell the people who were in it just for the Umbra hype and those that were in it for the lore.

Edited by SoulEchelon

5 hours ago, Vilemyre said:

They stack too putting vitality when maxed to +770% with the combo buff. I actually want to see how much health inaros gets from that honestly. (Yeah regular frames can use them).

They don't though. Not sure if your or my game is bugged, but mine isn't allowing any of the Umbral mods to be paired with their regular counterparts.

2 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

When it came to Umbra, they decided to make him a bit more special for us, and all that was mentioned of him was that he would be part of a quest later down the line. After that, the devs were very quiet about him. The next time they spoke of him officially was that trailer in last year's Tennocon.

very quiet, yes, but not silent. there was at least one time forever ago where Steve said he wanted umbra to be more than just a reskin, Which is essentially what we got.

Thats my main disappointment with this update.

12 minutes ago, Feuershark said:

I actually didn't expect to be able to play Umbra so ...  And it's a freakin' Sentient killer.

Nah the quest was great. But Ballas is an a$$hole. And we won't get Space Mom until a moment.

Who knows, we might to the Tau system ?

Tau system would be pretty fantastic; perhaps that's after Venus.