Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Differences between primes and Umbra [spoilers]

Midas

Difference between current prime and umbra:

One is weaker than the other, Umbra’s howel is much slower, and the passive difference.

My suggestion is lock umbra formas permanently, seperating them from their counterparts.

Edited by Vladimir

Lol. I figured eventually one founder would complain. I'm an Excalibur fan in general. Founder and all. I don't care cause I love Excalibur.  We can't be to mad cause de kept there promise.   Need to remember they never said there wouldn't be a better Excalibur. Just no one could get prime. 

2 minutes ago, puppycorpse said:

Lol. I figured eventually one founder would complain. I'm an Excalibur fan in general. Founder and all. I don't care cause I love Excalibur.  We can't be to mad cause de kept there promise.   Need to remember they never said there wouldn't be a better Excalibur. Just no one could get prime. 

hmm he gets  an additional passive, mobility, and primed intensify...

I am salty I will be honest, but this sounds a bit silly to me especially for those that invested into this game.

Edited by Vladimir

There's nothing wrong with just having that symbol of support. I'm not all bothered by it; it's a way for players who aren't a founder to get the stat boost of Excalibur. Mind you, this is coming from me, a Grand Master.

Just now, R34LM said:

There's nothing wrong with just having that symbol of support. I'm not all bothered by it; it's a way for players who aren't a founder to get the stat boost of Excalibur. Mind you, this is coming from me, a Grand Master.

I mean, you still have arguably the most powerful secondary in the game, so there's that.

Just now, ShiraHagane said:

I mean, you still have arguably the most powerful secondary in the game, so there's that.

Lato Vandal can more or less get the same effect. Mind you, both brought up by a riven, mostly.

1 minute ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Just wait for Umbra Accesses.

Don't bother with Prime Accesses anymore.

Exactly, primes don't matter anymore, do I have to redo all my forma now?

Edited by Vladimir

2 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

hmm he gets  an additional passive, mobility, and primed intensify...

I am salty I will be honest, but this sounds a bit silly to me especially for those that invested into this game.

I don't wanna spoil the story for u but there's a legit reason the umbra is better. U need to play the quest to understand.  I mean I get where you coming from bro. Still de kept there promise. So it's better. Who cares u can use it to. I mean everyone else deserves a good Excalibur. Be happy you have something everyone else will never have.

Just now, puppycorpse said:

I don't wanna spoil the story for u but there's a legit reason the umbra is better. U need to play the quest to understand.  I mean I get where you coming from bro. Still de kept there promise. So it's better. Who cares u can use it to. I mean everyone else deserves a good Excalibur. Be happy you have something everyone else will never have.

I played it. That is also not the problem, the problem is that all prime frames are now 2nd tier compared to umbra. I will have to reforma everything

Edited by Vladimir

Meh. I think its good Umbra has gone over Excal prime. Why? here was never a real reason to use excal prime anyway other then to make others jealous. And to an extent you can still do that. So what changed with this release? Nothing really.

3 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

I played it. That is also not the problem, the problem is that all prime frames are now 2nd tier compared to umbra. I will have to reforma everything

Man you must really have really hated it when the ps2 came out

1 minute ago, Airwolfen said:

Meh. I think its good Umbra has gone over Excal prime. Why? here was never a real reason to use excal prime anyway other then to make others jealous. And to an extent you can still do that. So what changed with this release? Nothing really.

Would like to be able to use his frame skin on umbra and also keep my scarf.

You should care because Excalibur prime is a trophy. Excalibur prime is a warm hearted thank you. Umbra is avalible to anyone but you have him because DE was beyond greatful for you. We have Umbra because we played warframe. You have Prime because you saved warframe from the brink of death.

That's why you should care.

This community will change its tune when the next Umbra comes out so we just have to wait till then.

DE might do something when more people talk about it.

Anyway, no biggie.

At least, nobody is gonna criticize and bother us with Founders' exclusives issues anymore..hopefully.

3 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

We got an Armor and Energy Pool buff on Prime. Now he feels like a TRUE Prime.

We won much guys, and this is EXACTLY what I was hoping would happen with Umbra, so I'm utterly satisifed. Everyone should be happy now.

Excalibur Prime has been a status symbol for what, five years now? And it will continue to be a status symbol for as long as the servers are up for this game. 

Now everyone has an improved version of Excalibur. Sure, it probably sucks to not have the same exclusivity but you still do have exclusivity. The point of Excalibur Prime should be the pride, not the performance. 

So basically "I'm angry that this amazing thing is being given to everyone including me even though it hasn't infringed on any previous agreements presented by the developers."

Sure you are a founder. Founders kept the game alive and they have the mark to show for it. Excalibur Prime has been yours for half a decade now, and he will remain that way forever. Not to mention Lato and Skana Prime. The people who play Warframe and keep it alive in the present deserve something, too. Without today's players, this game couldn't exist. Excalibur Prime isn't about being the best, he's about being there.

1 minute ago, Roll__Fizzlebeef said:

Excalibur Prime has been a status symbol for what, five years now? And it will continue to be a status symbol for as long as the servers are up for this game. 

Now everyone has an improved version of Excalibur. Sure, it probably sucks to not have the same exclusivity but you still do have exclusivity. The point of Excalibur Prime should be the pride, not the performance. 

Actually there is a performance difference, you and Umbra are one. You and Excalibur prime are not. With a prime frame... you cannot die while in transference.