The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spores Needs To Be Removed. It Isn't Fun

Issxi

I love Saryn, but I hate Spores. It is so complicated now and instead of having fun playing the game I spend the entire match being a mother hen to the damage meter it has. At this point in time I think Saryn needs a completely new 1st ability because this is getting ridiculous.

I won't even try to suggest anything since nobody ever likes my ideas for Saryn so suggest whatever you want or come in here and do the usual "Spores is fine nub". I LOVE micromanaging in a game completely NOT about micromanaging.

Sure she can demolish high-level enemies, BUT. SHE. ISN'T. FUN. TO. PLAY. and that is unforgiveable. I'd rather have a less-effective ability that was actually fun to use than an ability that takes an hour of babysitting to ramp up and kill enemies at a competent level.

Spores makes Saryn boring and frustrating. Let me shoot a stream of viral from my arms instead or something and leave infectious goo everywhere.

Edited by Xylyssa

Dunno, its not really complicated IMO, just use spore on anything above level 60 and pop the spores on the target with toxic lash, if you have a decent range, you will instantaneously spread the spores to like 10 ennemies, going on like that is pretty easy IMO, a good way to get the spores to extend is to throw some misama in the mix so that the ennemies die from miasma and and not spor and thus spreat the spores even more, and you can always recast it.

Spore damage ramp up isn't meant to be force you to check your spores, but more to let them scale with the enemy level. If you can already kill fast enough at the point you prevent spore from spreading, you don't need spore damages to be higher.

Honestly, I just play Saryn with a mainly melee build like I did before, don't really look at the damage ramp up and it still working at lvl 100+ just need to rely on weapons more than spore themselves.

18 minutes ago, Xylyssa said:

I love Saryn, but I hate Spores. It is so complicated now and instead of having fun playing the game I spend the entire match being a mother hen to the damage meter it has. At this point in time I think Saryn needs a completely new 1st ability because this is getting ridiculous.

I like Saryn. The spores are fine in my opinion. Try playing her without a care for whether the spore damage decays or not. I just spore a couple enemies, toxic lash and kill stuff. Easy. There really is nothing complicated about it. Saryn is still just as fun as before.

Edited by krc473

Max your range and simply use miasma to spread spores at places you have no LoS to for your guns or your melee cant reach. Simply dont worry about high strength, try and sit at 100%, either slightly above or slightly below. I think I'm currently sitting at 109% or something, will get slightly higher if I can fit in the new mods that came with Umbra.

I sort of felt the same way at first, but I'm starting to learn that she really encourages using all her abilities for once in I think her whole lifespan. Because of how Miasma allows spores to spread passively (and just being a good ability in general) you should be mixing it into your rotation as often as you can. It makes spore-spreading almost as mindless as it used to be if you boost its range. I did some leveling on Helene, Saturn and found that I could hit pretty much everything in the map from the defense objective with a standard range build. And if you're running around killing things actively, you're have the energy to support a Miasma every so often.

I was critical of it at first, but the rework is growing on me like, well... Saryn's spores.

1 hour ago, schilds said:

You don't need to babysit spores. Just go kill stuff as fast as possible. If it decays, so what? 

Also... An uncharged Drakgoon blast is amazing at spreading spores. Especially with its projectiles ability to bounce. Spores just spread and spread and spread.

She is insanely fun and strong now! 

Stop paying attention to decay so much, it is totally irrelevant because by the time you actually need a ton of extra damage, building the counter up quickly is super easy. Stop trying to apply spores against enemies that are too weak and don't need the debuff/damage of spores. 

Your entire criticism is based on your objective feeling, not any objective issue with mechanics. Also, it's not all that much different than before the change. The only thing you can't do anymore is casting it on molt like a brain-dead idiot...and that's a GREAT change.

No warframe can favor everyone's play-style.

Saryn is fun with death explosion mods.
Can chain kills like Nova.

I can respect that OP doesn't see Saryn's 'Top Speed' to be desirable.
If there's a meter there, some folks have got to see it filled. Makes sense.

Personal thoughts on the spore meter:
It serves only as a passive display explaining the fluctuation of the dmg,
not as a limit that ever needs to be maintained.

Edited by kapn655321

On 2018-06-15 at 7:44 PM, Xylyssa said:

It is so complicated now

seriously? old spores was like friggin rocket science compared to this.

On 2018-06-15 at 7:44 PM, Xylyssa said:

I LOVE micromanaging in a game completely NOT about micromanaging.

so.... i mean.... this is basically the appeal of Saryn: a unique form of gameplay using your weapons and abilities merely as tools to spread your infectious disease of doom. It's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea.

As a saryn lover, i feel like her true shortcoming is she's just too powerful for her own good now.

Yea I think maybe before it just made it less stressful for some that we couldn't see how many enemies were affected and how much damage spores did. But now if you ignore the meter and just play as you always did it is very relaxing. Probably yes, spores are hardest to manage from her new new abilities but not caring about the decay makes playing her as fun if not more fun than before.