Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new Exalted Forma hogs

Wyrmius_Prime

Exalted weapons should come with increased, if not limitless capacity. The number of forma you need on frames with Exalted weaponry just got doubled, and on Titania, the worst out of all the Warframes, it got tripled. I'm probably gonna get all the DE white knights down on my throat saying ''BuT iT's GoOd FoR bUsInEsS REEEEE'', but in my opinion this is just stupid.

2 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

''BuT iT's GoOd FoR bUsInEsS REEEEE''

Sure, the concept itself might be good for business (people will buy Forma etc). But really, requiring 3+ Forma on a weapon that can only be used on X frame? I would not call that good for business. It suggests to me that the primary reason behind allowing us to mod them is financial. 

I could understand us needing to put one Forma into the weapon. But that one forma would allow us to put whatever polarities we like into whatever slots we like (yes, one forma letting you polarise 8 slots as you see fit with no additional costs). I do not think the current system makes sense. It really has put me off using frames with Exalted abilities.

40 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Eh, it's a tradeoff, the gained freedom in weapon / modding choices (and thus power) is IMO very much worth the added Forma requirements.

(Plus I for one don't really mind a reason to use up a handful of my hundreds of Forma lol.)

The weapons gained nothing. You could have had the exact same build on a melee weapon or a gun previously and you would have had the same damage output. Now we don't even get the 10 capacity from the Exalted stances. You get freedom, yes, but at the same time people are pushed away from these frames. Just because you have hundreds of Forma to spare, the 100k+ other players might not have.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

5 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

But now I can bring Valkyr into rifle only sorties

Plus people did actually ask for this change, personally I think it should need less mastery or no mastery

Yes, the change was good but that doesn't mean that nothing can be done about the ridiculous forma cost.

I completely agree:

22 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

[...] First off, the stance mod should have a polarity that adds 10 capacity to exalted melee weapons. 60 mod capacity with Sacrificial mods existing is extremely tight and requires much more Forma compared to normal melee weapons.

With the addition of Warframe exalted weapon modding, I will have to invest 4-5 Forma into Exalted Blade, 4-5 into Umbra Exalted Blade, 4-5 into Artemis Bow, 4-5 into Regulators, 2-3 into Dex Pixia, 3-4 into Diwata, and 3-4 into Iron Staff. This means that Warframes with exalted weapons must require double the Forma of a normal Warframe to function. I don't understand why Mesa requires 9-10 Forma or why Titania requires 9-11 Forma to be min-maxed.

Applying Forma to the main Warframe should grant players a single free polarity to their exalted weapon (not vice versa). Gear would still need to be leveled. A change like this would not punish players for using exalted weapons. It would promote applying Forma their Warframe to enhance their exalted weapons, while still giving you the option to Forma the weapon additionally with more than your Warframe. [...]

I believe with a few changes and a script to send out forma bundles, exalted modding would be great.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

You had me right up until "Titania, the worst out of all the Warframes"  cus shes fun and I use her way more than say.. wukong, or excalibur, or pretty much 28 other frames.

That said I do agree with the forma usage being ridiculous, especially since you can't share the weapons between the same sort of frame even. I have 2x titanias for different purposes 

On 2018-06-16 at 11:45 AM, LuckyCharm said:

You had me right up until "Titania, the worst out of all the Warframes"  cus shes fun and I use her way more than say.. wukong, or excalibur, or pretty much 28 other frames.

That said I do agree with the forma usage being ridiculous, especially since you can't share the weapons between the same sort of frame even. I have 2x titanias for different purposes 

I think they ment it as, it requires more forma love than the other exalted weapon users. I don' think it was a jab at Titania, personally she is one of my favorites. Unfortunately she is not very popular...till they rework or prime her. On another note, why two?

1 minute ago, (PS4)genmafallen said:

I think they ment it as, it requires more forma love than the other exalted weapon users. I don' think it was a jab at Titania, personally she is one of my favorites. Unfortunately she is not very popular...till they rework or prime her. On another note, why two?

I built one primarily for damage on dex pixia, and the other is more general use with a more mixed build. They needed different polarities so I needed two. Also helped that I bought her on release, and then got the parts from the quest and made that one too. 

It's a huge needless forma sink imho.... Making you waste 10+ formas and the time it takes to level them up on frames you had already maxed previously.

Even worse, asides from Valkyr and Umbra, all the other exalted weapon frames are non-primes, meaning you'll have to do it twice when the prime version comes out... Or simply do like I'll do and leave these frames untouched with no formas on their exalted weapons until we get the prime variants (which means I probably won't be using Wukong, Titania, Ivara, Mesa anytime soon).

I think DE should have given these exalted weapons more modding points to make less forma necessary and maybe jive us free formas to compensate. Heck, I think we should have gotten the ability to choose our initial polarities on the exalted weapon when we equipped the frame as a grandfather clause.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

5 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I built one primarily for damage on dex pixia, and the other is more general use with a more mixed build. They needed different polarities so I needed two. Also helped that I bought her on release, and then got the parts from the quest and made that one too. 

That is alot of forma...I run the same builds on one frame. General use, all be it gimped range, a max duration and effeciancy, and a jacked up power build. Then again I primarily use razorwing with her. As a whole, modding exalted weapons allows great freedom that I can embrace. But I can understand the annoyance of having to forma it and then you are well...till de decides to prime your frame. Guess what, I hope your ready to sink in a minimum of 8 forma on your mesa prime or titania prime...

On 2018-06-16 at 10:43 AM, TheChaotic1 said:

But now I can bring Valkyr into rifle only sorties

Plus people did actually ask for this change, personally I think it should need less mastery or no mastery

Which is something that could have been easily fixed without requiring everyone to forma and level up each weapon multiple times.

i do like the new system , honestly all they really need to do is half the craft time of forma...for the insane amount of things that require forma in this game and plaguestar type events too few and far between..theres just no reason for 24 hour forma craft times other then to force plat purchases.