Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghost / Evil Operator

Lijka

Can we, please, be rid of it already?

After the Chains of Harrow, it stopped me playing the game for few weeks. Having appeared once after the quest was fine, but few times - not cool. Then, for several months I did not have any appearance and I thought the "feature" was finally removed. Sadly, I learned it was not so, since my husband told me he had his operator's evil twin appear twice in the meantime. Now, after the Sacrifice, the ghost appears again, with an ominous question. Fair enough, it was actually a nice touch, but since then I had the "Hey, Kiddo" event few times again.

It genuinely upsets and bothers me, so can we please have the option to turn the Man in the Wall appearances off? This feature has been requested many a times, and yet was ignored. Why, does someone at DE really finds it funny?

Or perhaps there is an option, and I just don't know it? If so, then I apologise (no, turning off operator transmissions is not an option in this case :/)

I have the Donda as a decoration on my Liset, if that makes any difference.

After several appearances from TMITW last night it finally caught me off guard and freaked me out, it was great, Warframe despite it's vivid colors has a terror element to it.

Anyways, maybe if the event had a trigger it could make people freak out and or avoid it, turning it off seems like a waste tho.

The Donda does not affect this literal Void Demon. The only current solution is to just ignore it and use the in-Orbiter fast travel system rather than walking anywhere.

Based on how it addresses the Tenno as 'Kiddo' and how the Tenno, in War Within, recites a line from The Father saying "Something's out there, Kiddo, watching us...", it could be The Father in a disembodied state, and the Warframe (Harrow) could be to blame for the violence caused.

To that end, an optional means to contain Him, even if it means having Umbra patrol the ship or trapping him in a Specter and space-venting him if that's your thing, should be something that DE should honestly consider working on since some of us would rather throw him off the ship, or otherwise make his appearances predictable (i.e: Ordis reporting where he is on a minimap so you could avoid or confront him), or even just have Umbra scare the Void-life out of him by strangling him at every opportunity for his own amusement.

11 minutes ago, Lijka said:

Can we, please, be rid of it already?

After the Chains of Harrow, it stopped me playing the game for few weeks. Having appeared once after the quest was fine, but few times - not cool. Then, for several months I did not have any appearance and I thought the "feature" was finally removed. Sadly, I learned it was not so, since my husband told me he had his operator's evil twin appear twice in the meantime. Now, after the Sacrifice, the ghost appears again, with an ominous question. Fair enough, it was actually a nice touch, but since then I had the "Hey, Kiddo" event few times again.

It genuinely upsets and bothers me, so can we please have the option to turn the Man in the Wall appearances off? This feature has been requested many a times, and yet was ignored. Why, does someone at DE really finds it funny?

Or perhaps there is an option, and I just don't know it? If so, then I apologise (no, turning off operator transmissions is not an option in this case :/)

I have the Donda as a decoration on my Liset, if that makes any difference.

The image is of an entity I deem 'Wally', he comes and goes calling us Kiddo and mucking up the shelves when we are away on missions. The idea I think is a teaser of story elements coming down the road but as presented in Chains of Harrow, Rell and the blocks Teshin helped us sunder in War Within were all that was keeping Wally out from annoying us all the time. Now that Rell's attempt at being a Barrier against Wally getting around is gone, (though honestly, by the look of it, Rell was being subsumed by the time we came into the picture) We can't keep Wally from visiting when he wants. Essentially, its not removed, because it hasn't come time to try yet, and even if we did; it took Rell trying to forcibly merge with a Warframe and having his followers seal him in a Derelict just to make Wally held in one place that long (at least a millennium) so we are likely stuck with Wally for the foreseeable future.

4 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

Anyways, maybe if the event had a trigger it could make people freak out and or avoid it, turning it off seems like a waste tho.

That's why I asked for an option, I realise there is quite a few people who enjoy it.

@Koldraxon-732 I'd take anything, really, though preferably a toggle in the Options called "gtf off my ship"

12 minutes ago, Lijka said:

I'd take anything, really, though preferably a toggle in the Options called "gtf off my ship"

For now, though, pressing ESC (or, if using a controller, the menu/pause key) and using that fast-travel system just so you don't look at him at all while preparing for whatever's next will have to do. Personally I treat him as that one guest who unintentionally spooks people every time he says 'hi'.

Would really like the idea of setting Umbra loose and watching Him run around going "Kiddo, why is this guy after me? Kiddo? Kiddo, this isn't funny!" or something similarly amusing as Umbra chases him with Skiajati drawn, or just hearing Him quietly, faintly, almost breathlessly mumble "Kiddo, tell him to let me go... please?", and when you find him, you find him dangling from Umbra's grip at the neck - a mirror to the Stalker holding the Tenno up in the same fashion.

I mean, if we can't kick Him out, he'd better be a good butler and make sure intruders like the Stalker don't get away with putting tracking devices on our ships or something.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
P.S: The Father, in my recorded cases of his appearance, has never shown up in Helminth's Infirmary, the Somatic Link, or Lounge rooms.

I wish my doppelganger would turn up more.  It gets lonely on that ship and even if she is a creepy copy of me with a weird distorted voice and eyes filled with stars I think that's a step up from Ordis and Helminth, who are both creepy in their own ways.  The first time I saw her was a bit shocking but now I'm like "Hey, you're back! Hold on while I take some pictures of us together."

30 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I wish my doppelganger would turn up more.  It gets lonely on that ship and even if she is a creepy copy of me with a weird distorted voice and eyes filled with stars I think that's a step up from Ordis and Helminth, who are both creepy in their own ways.  The first time I saw her was a bit shocking but now I'm like "Hey, you're back! Hold on while I take some pictures of us together."

Exactly what I think!

Well Harrow Guarding the Void is interesting, maybe Harrow Prime guards from within the void, or is a Crusader the front line, maybe Harrow Prime could provide a quest to dig deeper into this. but that would be like 2-3 years? 

Also being that we shouldn't break the PA trend, maybe obtaining him would unlock the quest (not important to the rest of the quest lines) unsure if it should provide rewards outside of putting the man in the wall to rest, or irritating him (player options?)

I don't think wally is an actual physical entity,  we being the only thing able to see him, so, sadly for OP and others, it's unlikely he's going to be a settings toggle and that we can do anything about him appearing until he gets more fleshed out

Wally is a part of the tenno a conscience of sorts and spoilers for those that haven't played the sacrifice, but as the story goes warframes are or were people and tenno are their minds imagine having multiple personalities running in your head coz of every time you merge with a different person, ember....violent....rhino.... Violent....valkyr.... Tortured extremely violent ...... and you walk around like nothing happened. Wally for me is creative addiction and if you finished the sacrifice he'll appear to you and give you a question based on what you choose to do with the memory of what umbra did to the son.....

wrath

acceptance

emptiness

and the operator responds based on that choice. For me twas acceptance and the operator feels that he was the one that killed isah not umbra and wally responds 'good'... And part of letting Rell rest in the chains of harrow was taking up his job of being freaked out and tortured

It's been quite a while since I last saw that thing. It didn't even show up after The Sacrifice for me, I was the one that started that snippet of conversation (Operator mentions Isaah "I killed him, Isaah", Ordis asks "Is that how you remember it, Operator", Operator says "Yes"). Though I haven't put the Donda in my Orbiter or built Harrow yet.

Doin' both now to see if it actually does anything.

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking
remembered vaguely the quotes involved with Ordis.

I would rather have more interactions with the twin, you know what I want off my orbiter? fake Lotus, maybe DE wants me to feel this way but from a gameplay and lore perspective I would like to have someone else as my mission control since I don't feel any sympathy for Lotus and I feel is kind of cheap to keep her "hologram" around just because DE can't bother to record new mission control voice lines for someone else, the Clem survival mission is proof they can do it but don't want to.