Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who needs to make other games? When DE just makes them all in one?

DeathMavrik

Dear god this game is slowly becoming this mega game where you could do literally anything. A dream I had since i was a child. 

Every tennocon they keep blowing me away by teasing game MODES that call back to games that we love like FTL and games that haven't tried to finish *ahem* star citizen *ahem* no excuse now. 

When i am piloting my new ship boat with my Hydroid prime at the wheel, I will remember that THIS GAME IS FREE. And yet it is one of very few that i WANT to give money too. 

In my eyes there is no other game that defines a service like yours where the community and the developers intermingle and share ideas and creations. 

I am blessed to have gotten this game so long ago. Thank you DE from the bottom of my wal- heart.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb DeathMavrik:

Dear god this game is slowly becoming this mega game where you could do literally anything. A dream I had since i was a child. 

Every tennocon they keep blowing me away by teasing game MODES that call back to games that we love like FTL and games that haven't tried to finish *ahem* star citizen *ahem* no excuse now. 

When i am piloting my new ship boat with my Hydroid prime at the wheel, I will remember that THIS GAME IS FREE. And yet it is one of very few that i WANT to give money too. 

In my eyes there is no other game that defines a service like yours where the community and the developers intermingle and share ideas and creations. 

I am blessed to have gotten this game so long ago. Thank you DE from the bottom of my wal- heart.

Yes^^i like the SSX Frameboard(hope for racing)and sea of frame^^now all we need is a trading card game and Komi...........and some MonsterHunterish open world bosses!

14 hours ago, Croise said:

Yes^^i like the SSX Frameboard(hope for racing)and sea of frame^^now all we need is a trading card game and Komi...........and some MonsterHunterish open world bosses!

im so glad you mentioned SSX, i loved SSX 3 and knocking people off their boards XD

as for the trading card....please no im still recovering from gwent ._.

41 minutes ago, (XB1)MintyFreshMike said:

Pretty sure they're gonna be hoverboard races later. It just seems likely 

I think it's a given at this point that the community will eventually create a kinda unofficial racetrack using the Venus landscape. Looking forward to it

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DeathMavrik:

im so glad you mentioned SSX, i loved SSX 3 and knocking people off their boards XD

as for the trading card....please no im still recovering from gwent ._.

Hmm crafting crads(mats+scanns from  enemys etc)+some kind of ff8/9 or something else^^+trading....i would love this,and ppl who dont like this can ignore it like pvp.........finally something els than non stop killing.....racing others  playing cards with other tenno.... maybe this would work better than classic pvp? 

I was just thinking about this earlier today. Almost every single major update has added things that could easily be their own game. (Railjack could've easily been a side title to Warframe!) It's amazing how much they care about their game. The fact that they're willing to experiment with other concepts and add them to it to test the waters is risky but an example of their vested interest in the product (I mean, just look at Lunaro).

On 2018-07-07 at 6:58 PM, DeathMavrik said:

DE hasn't made an Adult game into Warframe yet.

10 hours ago, cghawk said:

jack of all trades, master of none

It's a shame, though, because if DE would take more inspiration from other games, they could master all of these trades.

29 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

And that's a good thing, isn't it?

Doing everything, but doing them poorly, isn't a good thing, no.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

Just now, Imaru said:

But oftentimes better than a master of one.

In what area has DE proven to be better than a master of one? They haven't done open world better than other games that focus exclusively on it. They haven't done space gameplay better than games that focus exclusively on it or even those that include it with ground-based gameplay. They haven't done PvP better than other games that have it. They haven't done story-driven missions better than games that are entirely story-driven. When it comes to their passion and love for community, they are second to none. But when it comes to gameplay mechanics and systems, they are not better than games that have mastered those things, or even games that have a blend of those things. And that's unfortunate because I think that if DE would choose to drawn inspiration from those games, and not do the bare minimum, then they could be better than those games. But as long as they keep creating things based on childhood nostalgia, then they'll continue to be a master of none.

10 hours ago, cghawk said:

jack of all trades, master of none

What games does better what this "Jack of All trades" called warframe does. Is it Destiny? Is it Destiny 2? Is it Anthem? Is it Battlefield or Call of Duty? Is it Fortnite? 

This "jack of all trade" has four levels of comprehension: Mods, warframe combination of powers, warframe primary and scondary, Tenno game play that include amps. All of these four systems are tied together. Even the recycling of repeated resources are well made. No other game does it like Warframe. 

Now we have, hover boards, Daryns and a space battle freighter station. Raids can be extremely diverse and complete providing an experience that no other game can provide. Yes DE piled up many games ideas into one game that has them all. All of them delivered? No, they are trying to sharpen them with time and the result are obvious. Suffice to compare this warframe with warframe four years ago. 

The jack of all trade is becoming an ace in many of his trades where games can't even do one right. DE proved to stay fresh, compete indirectly with Star Citizen 42 providing a game with a fraction of investment what Star Citizen can't with 200,000,000 dollars. 

DE made that jack of all trade become a master of few. Eventually that jack of all trade will be come a master of some.  

This game is definitely fun. It’s most assuredly the best ftp game I’ve ever played, and should be the standard for any ftp game. I don’t feel the need to spend money to advance but actually want to cause I enjoy it so much.

I find the gameplay extremely fun. Even after years of playing, nailing a guy to the wall with a bow, midair, from a bulletjump, is still thrilling and smile-inducing. 

Edited by (PS4)O1234321