Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another prime heavyblade, how about the underused weapons DE?

Marvelous_A

Machete? Blade-whip? Single dagger? Nunchaku? Whip? We don't even have a Tenno whip yet FFS....well at least whip ain't underused

After the release of Gram Prime heavyblade will be the melee category with most number of prime weapons, consisting Scindo Prime and Galatine Prime also.

And Galatine Prime is the single most powercreeping non-zaw melee in this game.

Gram Prime has only two possible endings - create even more powercreep and trivialize all other melee weapons, or being an utter prime trash and hated like Kronen Prime.

How about giving these underused weapon classes some love? And Fang Prime still not getting any fix for being the single most useless melee in this game despite being a prime...

And I not yet forget how close I am to Nami Solo Prime and DE decided to make it a prime dual swords like we ain't having enough dual swords in this game

Edited by Marvelous_A

11 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Gram Prime has only two possible endings - create even more powercreep and trivialize all other melee weapons, or being an utter prime trash and hated like Kronen Prime.

I suspect it'll become the Dragon Nikana to Galatine Prime's Nikana Prime. Worse over-all, but with higher Riven Disposition/Stats that allow it to exceed in many cases.

Instead of primes gives us more event weapons, i wouldn't mind copy paste events for a new event weapon. Hell even more prisma variants wouldn't be bad either. Primes just take way too long to be released. Also the melee weapon tweak could fix some of the power creep melees we currently have but who knows tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I suspect it'll become the Dragon Nikana to Galatine Prime's Nikana Prime. Worse over-all, but with higher Riven Disposition/Stats that allow it to exceed in many cases.

We have Scindo Prime for that. Scindo Prime has deposition of 3 stars and is only marginally weaker than Galatine Prime. If they want to make it powerful with riven without making everything else useless, Gram Prime will need to have the worst stat among all heavyblades coz it has the highest deposition. Balance around riven is never a good idea, Kronen Prime is the best example of this. The worst thing is, Gram and Galatine are so similar to each other their only real difference is the artistic design. They are both slash based, both having high crit and status chance, both using same stances. Which makes the existence of Gram Prime completely redundant on so many levels.

6 minutes ago, Godin_The_Killer said:

The last 3 prime melee's: Destreza Kronen Kogake

Only one of them is a "sword", but it's classed as a Rapier. I'm lost on the complaint.

How about the latest weapon for the following weapon classes:

Machete

Blade-whip

Single dagger

Nunchaku

Whip

Not just prime they have been ignored for really long time alright? And single and dual daggers are still in the state of unusable or extremely situatioinal despite being some of the oldest weapon class

Edited by Marvelous_A

The Gram just got a skin rework not long ago it feels, not surprised to see a Prime version of it.

Though the last three weapons we got were in some of the barest weapon categories in the game: Sparring, Tonfas, and Rapiers respectively.

That said, people like me like their heavy blades, any excuse to use Tempo Royale is fine by me.

Also, this kinda needs to be said: The next prime is set to be Chroma, it makes sense to see a heavy blade with him, like come on his deluxe skin has a heavy blade skin with it. Of course they will pair Chroma Prime with a heavy blade.

They want to make money, and thematically they go together better than say a nunchaku or whip or machete. Though after chroma I believe the next prime is Mesa, and with her I really suspect we will get a whip. 😉

That said, yeah I would like some more love to Blade and Whips myself. I want a really stand out weapon there to let me use Defiled Snapdragon more often.

Edit for formatting.

Edited by squirrel_killer-

1 minute ago, squirrel_killer- said:

The Gram just got a skin rework not long ago it feels, not surprised to see a Prime version of it. Though the last three weapons we got were in some of the barest weapon categories in the game: Sparring, Tonfas, and Rapiers respectively. That said, people like me like their heavy blades, any excuse to use Tempo Royale is fine by me. Also, this kinda needs to be said, the next prime is set to be Chroma, it makes sense to see a heavy blade with him, like come on his Deluxe skin has a heavy blade skin with it. Of course they will pair Chroma Prime with a heavy blade. They want to make money, and thematically they go together better than say a nunchaku or whip or machete. Though after chroma I believe the next prime is Mesa, and with her I really suspect we will get a whip. 😉

That said, yeah I would like some more love to Blade and Whips myself. I want a really stand out weapon there to let me use Defiled Snapdragon more often.

Lacera Prime would be a dream come true! 😆

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

How about the latest weapon for the following weapon classes:

Machete

Blade-whip

Single dagger

Nunchaku

Whip

Not just prime they have been ignored for really long time alright?

So gazal machete prime, lacera prime, some dagger and maybe shaku prime?

There is no tenno whip in this game so it would need to be a 100% unique(euphona prime) or recently added and voided weapon.

1 minute ago, Deadoon said:

So gazal machete prime, lacera prime, some dagger and maybe shaku prime?

There is no tenno whip in this game so it would need to be a 100% unique(euphona prime) or recently added and voided weapon.

Lacera is tenno based, oops sorry read it wrong, thought you meant blade n whip

Edited by (PS4)alexismartinez14

2 minutes ago, D20 said:

Idk, Gram is pretty underused as far as I know.

Though you know what I would absolutely love ? Redeemer prime.

Good point, I hope we get a primed Gunblade rather than a prime whip. That is a weapon class with only TWO weapons in it. Same number as the Nunchaku has. I wouldn't mind another Gunblade. The current pair don't really perform.

6 minutes ago, squirrel_killer- said:

Good point, I hope we get a primed Gunblade rather than a prime whip. That is a weapon class with only TWO weapons in it. Same number as the Nunchaku has. I wouldn't mind another Gunblade. The current pair don't really perform.

Redeemer does perform very well when paired with a status activator, and Sarpa has a niche shattering impact use, I'd say they're in a pretty good spot. A primed version of one wouldn't really make much of a difference, I'd much rather see a third gunblade or a special stance.

Or better yet, another dual swords set, cuz everyone loves dual swords.