Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Nerf it Acid Shells !

TopSpeed

Hello

Please Nerf the Acid shells mode for sobek

it is 2 overpower, i like overpower things but this is 2 overpower  !

this is the Build to make the gun overpower as hell !

with the right setup team you just one click hit kill everything in 60m   

GQeRi07.png

this build will just kill instance group of enemy 

Well, two things:
1) f*** ***;
2) That is everything but overpowered, there are better combination without even counting Riven mods. Shotgun Spazz is useless there and Seeking Fury will yield much more kills spreading the highest possible damage over more enemies;

Even with a very nice Riven that pushes the Sobet to 23.5 k damage lvl 80 enemies will become quite hard to down.

I have some 300 hours experience with Sobek and I actually found Ignis Wraith slightly more efficient on sustained kills, much easier to shoot (no aiming and no fire rate control) and a good defensive weapon - flinching large groups of enemies reduces the damage received. I conducted these tests with 40 minutes runs on Derelict Survival.

ADD: I remembered both my pre-riven mod and the riven stats.

Pre Riven: use the 90% cold mod and Seeking Fury instead of Spazz and Chilling Grasp

My Riven has 164% damage, 125% multishot and 2.8m Punch Through so I scrapped Seeking Fury and pulled on a Vicious Spread for added mahyem.

Full status I can go up to 11k damage per shot.

Edited by den2k

2 minutes ago, den2k said:

It procs on itself ❤️ I cleared half a map causing a massive lag several times.

Yeah that lag happens almost every shot in onslaught with Banshee's sonar + Saryn's spores up xD ..haven't seen it reach 60m though.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Yetchii said:

Yeah that lag happens almost every shot in onslaught with Banshee's sonar + Saryn's spores up xD ..haven't seen it reach 60m though.

On missions under level 30 it is possible against every faction, a bit more for Infested. I remember the mission on Ceres with the Helene map, I was at the center of the map on the lower level and shot in front of me: Acid shells painted a spiral that went outwards from the frontal exit (the one we come from) then left up to the top-left most exit and then down until hitting the lowermost exit and then left again, painting a 3 quarters of a circle around me.

It also happened a couple of times in Corpus defense missions, various Survivals and the Earth Defense mission, I managed to clear the entire map with a single shot. They were fairly low level though, in Uranus Interception I start to sweat even with the best damage and Status builds I can do.

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

Actually no, buff / fix Acid Shells (and Astilla) instead, so it's a proper sphere of kaboom
rather than some weird frontal cone dealio that misses enemies way too often.

I'd also say: fix explosive weapons so that they proc explosions on every body pierced when used with Punch Through. MAYHEM!!!

Yep, Acid shells and the standard/mediocre build posted in the OP will clear waves of low level mobs fairly easily... just like dozens of frame powers and other weapons will also. OP, go solo the top tier of POE bounties with that build... or better yet carry a team full of the inevitable do-nothing leeches in those bounties that prevails due to poor game design, and without overreliance on frame power cheeze. Then go simulate some lvl 100 or above armored mobs in the simulacrum. Get back to us on the results.

It makes sense to suggest nerfs when they are warranted.

That said, Acid Shells is not overpowered. Even running a proper 100% status build and a decent Riven, Acid Shells really only helps the Sobek stay semi-relevant next to other stronger weapons requiring less investment.

Sure, Acid Shells is great for sweeping up low-level mobs... But pretty much any other weapon with punch through will do the exact same thing with about the same amount of effort. And that's not even getting into what Warframe powers can add to the mix.