Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE being predatory; Deluxe skin packs

Authoritycat

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

Real talk for a moment.

q2lTXiN.png

They really need to delete these.

They are literally of no use, and why buy credits when you can buy credit booster?

I kinda viewed the deluxe skins as extras for the frame skin, if you want it then you gotta get the bundle, kinda like a happy meals toy. I guess it grewed on me but i really don't care because if i really want a something that bad (dynasty sword skin for the zenistar), then i'd save up some plat from trade.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

They do, but what baffles me is these packs come with a discount amount of plat for the price your paying.

The cosmetics are sold as the featured items, but its really the plat, that comes with practically free boosters & cosmetic. Mind you the boosters are valued ar 1200p total also.

Not on PC. Its just the two cosmetics and two boosters.

The only thing that's "predatory" is people like OP.

Freaking buzz word spewing trogs that don't even understand the meaning of predatory.

Oh noes you can buy deluxe skin bundles and you might not like everything. Cry me a river princess.

1 hour ago, Hayabusa97 said:

I'd wait on Star Citizen before calling it a scam, it's currently in the glorified tech demo alpha phase 

Yes it is a SCAM when Star Citizen releases a Legatos set for 22,000 dollars. 

Yes it is a SCAM when there are more than 5 years and 200,000,000 dollars. Horizon Zero down only was developed by 60 million and Warframe by almost a fraction. 

Yes it is the worst scam ever than ENRON and still people defend Star Citizen 42. Billy Mitchell and Chris Roberts are just that, SCAMMERS like Microsoft Game division EA, Activision, Take 2 and Ubisoft. 

I can deal with pairing skins with certain skins to where you have to buy the whole thing to get it and can't get it any other way but.. it does irk me that I can't do anything with the extra skin I might already so you're just wasting platinum. Don't know what they could do about it so it doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Dunno what to say about this, but i think with the 75% plat discount and trading, i don't think this is predatory, just a really bad thought out pricing.

I mean look at the price of the resource they sell in the market,  50 plat for 50k credit, 30 plat for 300 plastid ? c'mon man (i mean DE).

5 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Predatory market is Star Citizen 42 that almost reach 200,000,000 dollars without results, worst scam ever in history after more than five years. 

Atleast Star Citizen gets updates... meanwhile CubeWorld.. 

2 hours ago, Firetempest said:

People take for granted that their knowledge may not be common knowledge.

There is a certain level of Common Sense to be used before making any purchases.  Failing to do so is just an example of "A fool and his money are soon parted".

8 hours ago, (PS4)DicedSevens said:

I kind of felt that way with Nova's skin bundle.. at first it looked like the hands were apart of the syandana so I bought it when it was only apart of the skin. I know the backtracked and apologized but I still spent and wasted the Platinum for a syandada and polearms skin I won't use..

Even now, I still want those hands for Trinity Strega XD

That's hardly predatory. Yes, you need to pay more to get the skin you want, but as they aren't sold separately that is the price of that very skin if you want it.

My only problem with the Deluxe bundles is you cannot "upgrade" if you already bought the base skin and want the rest later.

9 hours ago, Authoritycat said:

Today I was once again contemplating buying the Mag deluxe pack, including a tonfa skin I really want, a Mag skin I MIGHT use, and a Syandana I will NEVER use. Then it dawned on me, this is a predatory microtransaction method. For someone who just wants the tonfa skin, like me, I am being asked to pay over twice the amount the tonfa skin alone would cost. With all the talk about how good DE is about their marketing, even implementing changes to the prime vault recently, this is an outdated and predatory model that needs to be changed.

Another side effect is testing the skin on a different frame or Mag skin is impossible since the skin is bound to the pack, and therefor not available in the "skin" tab under tonfa weapons. At the very least, make the skin visible under the skin tab, and link it to the pack. Not being able to test skins easily is one of Warframe's biggest problems right now. 

Predatory? Haha not at all. You know what you get for what you pay? Doesn't seem the right price? Don't pay it. Easy as that. They aren't forcing you to do anything. You want predatory? Go play Battlefront 2, thats predatory.

7 hours ago, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

Pretty questionable definition of "predatory."

They aren't preying on anyone's addiction. They aren't subjecting anyone to questionable odds. They aren't forcing you to do or buy anything. They aren't selling incomplete products. They aren't attaching hidden fees or restrictions.

All they're doing is offering a package deal. You can decide if that package is something you believe is worth the price or not. The contents and price are made known upfront.

You not liking something doesn't make it predatory. Them not offering a precise package you want isn't predatory. Them not offering to sell you the contents of a package individually isn't predatory (me wanting six Oreos instead of a whole bag doesn't make Nabisco an evil company looking to exploit my cookie needs).

Seriously... You wish you could buy something without having to buy a package deal. Fine. Say that. Don't try and make this into a consumers rights thing with a big bad exploitative evil company when it ain't one.

If you want something say so, ask for it, and maybe leave the hyperbolic rhetoric at the door because it's not likely to sway DE in your favor, if anything quite the opposite. Catch more flies with honey and all that...

Bless this reply for being real and honest and calling out the cult of outrage. Love you.

7 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Predatory for ftp: Selling a game effecting item like a gun or character only in a combo pack with other things you might not want.

Funding a ftp in a pretty decent manner: Selling the rare cosmetic you might like but only in a combo pack with other things you might not want. Already happens every Prime Access. You can get the accessories but they are still combo'ed with 90 day boosters I don't need to inflate the price. Hardly anyone complains about that.

Boosters aren't inflating the price. The price of the prime accessories is basically the cost of 60 dollars of platinum.

7 hours ago, Felsagger said:

DE gave you a game free to play, giving you the option to make platinum grinding if you do not want to pay for cosmetics. DE is not EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft or Activision. Those are the once doing predatory practices. 

Predatory market is Star Citizen 42 that almost reach 200,000,000 dollars without results, worst scam ever in history after more than five years. 

Predatory practices are the ones used by EA with loot box and micro transactions for game progression like Battlefront 2. 

Predatory practices are the ones used by Microsoft promising exclusive titles for four years repeating the same Halo Gear Forza Model. 

Predatory practices are those of Bungie and Activision that charge you for an outdated product without features such as Railjack. 

I agree with everything but the Microsoft exclusive titles thing. That's not preditory, just bad buisness. Unless you bought an Xbox for scalebound; in which case, that pissed me off too.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Boosters aren't inflating the price. The price of the prime accessories is basically the cost of 60 dollars of platinum.

We dont get plat on the PC for the cosmetics package.

Edited by Firetempest

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Squarehead08 said:

How much does the pack cost then? It's 80 AUD on PS4 but that inclues platinum.

two cosmetics and the 2 90day boosters for $50 USD

you basically get the equivalent to ~85% off plat for the extra $10 in relation to PC since you dont get the 75% offs like we can.

1200p in boosters, about 100p for any Syandana since thats about the plat equivalent to $6 like Tennogen, ~40p for sigil but the only other one they sold for plat was in the banshee deluxe so ballpark. Most of the "value" is attributed to the boosters. But they are Affinity and Credit which is meh unless you're newer.

Edited by Firetempest

à l’instant, (PS4)Squarehead08 a dit :

I conceed, that is a rip off.

Do you mean that in a positive or negative way? I can't understand it from your post 😅

On topic, the bundles are hardly predatory. Even more so because when you go buy an item which is part of a bundle, there is a warning in the market itself that tells you so. 

That said having the option of buying the pack later and have a discount if you already bought something could be nice.