The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

we truly want the trials back

I like the idea of trials. Challenging group content would be nice, but that isn't what we had. The most challenge that came from the old trials was to communicate and make sure people stood on a platform or pushed a button at the right time while Rhino spammed Stomp. I did it once with my dojo and never bothered with it again.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Are we talking about the Trial memes where all you have to do is puzzles ? No need to kill anything, just control everything and play positioning minigames ?

I really hope you're spending 90% of your gametime on Lua's special rooms. Otherwise you don't really enjoy this kind of content.

At least there is a sense of epicness fighting Eidolons

actually lua's special rooms have something in common with trials, what i enjoy is 4 or more friends surmount difficulties together(playing around),or teach a green hand how to defeat the enemy,nothing makes me feel better than that feeling of achievement.

besides, i'm good at lua's special rooms.

1 hour ago, Shalath said:

DE said they would be back in some form after a rework. As I understand it updates to the main game were breaking trials often and DE were having to devote a lot of dev resources to fix trials every time they broke and they viewed it as being too much dev time for the relatively small number of people playing trials.

oh, thank you, this makes me feel better

Everything you said about Tridolon applies on raids too. On top of that, by "we" you actually meant "you" coz I'm for one not a part of it and never a fan of the whole raid thing. "We truly don't want the trials back".

And a simple good reason I would like to provide why the raids ain't making a comeback, before a total remake:

zbC8BWp.png

Being 1.29% of total player population, the raid players are known to be very vocal group. However, even if raids are indeed coming back, they will be nothing like what they used to be. They are taking too much resources to maintain (namely, debugging, source: the devstream just before removal of trials). The best evidence is how they decided to remove the game mode instead of doing nothing and keeping them.

Edited by Marvelous_A

1 hour ago, Lannen said:

The OP said specifically that the use of "we" was in reference to themselves and their friends who all agree they do want trials back. Therefore, "we" was the correct word as it is a collective of multiple individuals of which the OP is part. It doesn't have to mean "we" as in all players of the game and it's narcissistic to think that every usage of the word has to incorporate you or be invalid. Why are people commenting raging over the usage of the word? Or were people too lazy to read beyond the title and just immediately fired up your rage because somebody dared make a statement you disagreed with?

This is supposed to be the nice community, people tell stories about how friendly the Warframe community is, and blatant unnecessary toxicity over something so meaningless is frankly disappointing. If the OP and their friends want trials back, cool, let them have wants as we all do. If you don't want trials back, then either constructively explain that or just move along and stop being a jerk to somebody expressing their opinion. 

As to the original topic: I never did many trials myself, but I was interested to do more before they were removed. I would be happy to see them reworked and reimplemented in a way that was more engaging and entertaining to the community at large.

THANK YOU!

Just adding to the conversation, I wish trials could make a comeback but as part of the new areas we are getting (PoE and fortuna), having these and other events to keep these places fresh and to delve deeper in their mystery (maybe trials inside the Unum ?).

Edited by Henji

1 hour ago, JohnDrone said:

I totally disagree. When i started the game the first clan where i was joining, some veteran players tried to force me against my will for faster development in order to be able to go to trials with them. The trials were totally dividing the playerbase into two main groups, those who can do it, and those who cant. The new tridolon thing is buggy as hell yet at least way more democratic as I can decide when and how do i want to do it.

'tridelon made many player 'graduate' so fast that they soon give up on warframe. by tridelon, everyone can graduate very fast on Focus, arcanes, which used to require many efforts before.'

BS. It takes a lot of effort and time -except if u buy everything for plat right at the start- to gather all the primed frames, mods, focus points, forma and all. And even if u got all the stuff you still have to learn to use them well. Arcanes doesnt drop every minute for every newbie. I know about some players who tried the game and left, before they were able to do the tridolon - those who stood are doing it sometimes for fun. Treidolon (or wth) is far from a decisive factor - players can make their own opinions about the game way before tridolon.

'here's some other disadvantage about tridelon:usually a team requires exactly one kind of equipment and perfect cooperation to reach the maximum efficiency, which makes players unable to enjoy fun with the game'

BS2. Tridolon thing can be done by many different ways, dont follow blindly the fashion meta *****. The number of possible combinations of mods frames weapons and all is astronomical dont make yourself ridicoulus by claiming that only a couple of them is a viable option. Be creative, get rid of the mainstream ways, dare to make your own choices and master your setup through practice. If u choose the fast-food 'quicky 5 min buy for plat and do it coz it workz' then dont complain that its too fast. The game has so much to offer; junctions, nightmare, kuva missions, relic opening, syndicate missions, sortie so on. If u dont like one out of the many then do something else. Could u tell me whats the standard unit of efficiency in case of fun? Dont want to force your playing style on others. I hope there will be never again any kind of mission which is available only for a small group of players so it wont divide the playerbase again.

i feel sorrow for you, it seems that your environment isn't that good.I never force someone against his/her will.what used to do is like,two or more veterans teach several green hands, 'come if you want'(except one time i tried to carry 3 rookies myself, 27th Feb, so that they can get the syandanas,but failed eventually)

second:can you believe a player can almost graduate from every part in this game,focus, weapon, warframes, arcanes with just one month?an office worker.he bought plats like 1 or 2 times

third part:you know if you want to finish 5 tridolon during one night, the equipment of each member must be exactly precise.

actually i didn't feel divided,neither before nor after l understand trials deeply.there's no reason to feel divided,whoever all have a time that he/she don't know how to play trials

that's all.

34 minutes ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

Just enjoy Eidolon fights - the new Raid missions.

While I do agree that asking for Trials is a hopeless request, I would not call Eidolons a Raid. Hosting a Trial and hosting Eidolons is a completely different can of worms. The cooperation and team communication that exists during the 8 man mission is completely removed when doing Eidolons. You use 3 utility Warframes with Amps and 1 DPS with a Riven.

Trials had elements of Crowd Control (The Law of Retribution), killing enemies (The Jordas Verdict), puzzles, hacking consoles, and precision with your weapons/abilities. Aside from aiming at limbs, Eidolons have none of these elements.

Цитата

frankly, i want trials back. correct:not only me, almost every friend of mine who plays warframe want trials back. the truth is that we all think trial mission is the most brilliant mission where several players can spend time enjoying it.you know, another fun with trials is playing with rookies or teach them how to conquer the difficulty.

Yeaaah I mean don't we all love it when some (not necessarily new) player can't **** stand still on a ***** pad for 30 seconds after being told to do so several times so the whole team gets incapacitated several times in a row until they give up and just abort?

I think I'm good personally. Eidolon is way better anyway from all perspectives and actually way more rewarding and rewards you for doing good more than trials. Not to mention how easy it is to find a team for it instead of spending literal hours in the recruiting chat.

Цитата

who is this "we".

^

Цитата

The cooperation and team communication that exists during the 8 man 

It does not exist.

You keep mentioning it in all those topics but I've actually met more people that talk during Eidolons than Raids in random groups.

The heck do you "communicate" about anyway? If you're not teaching anyone or don't have actual friends, you do not. Everyone knows what to do anyway. They don't need to hear "ok guyz now we have to stay still on teh pads" or "ok guyz now we have to hack the consoles".

Цитата

Trials had elements of Crowd Control (The Law of Retribution), killing enemies (The Jordas Verdict), puzzles, hacking consoles, and precision with your weapons/abilities. Aside from aiming at limbs, Eidolons have none of these elements.

Sounds more complicated but we all know that in reality Raids were a waiting simulator. You spent so much freaking time jsut standing still that it wasn't even funny. It's like glorified interception of a sort. Precision? Lamo. Could complete both Raids without even aiming at anything but drones.

So yeah thank god Eidolon is different. You actually have to do something for a change. Your equipment matters. Your experience matters. Even your aim matters and how fast you are. You ahve to be mechanically good. That's what shooters should be about. It's also awesome that you're rewarded for being good or better because there's QUITE a difference in 2x3 and 4-5x3 captures a night - in opposite to Raids where you can be literally afk and make the team carry you through it and where it doesn't matter if you beat it under 20 minutes or spent more than 40 because you get your rewards anyway, doesn't matter if it will take you ages.

Edited by -Temp0-

3 minutes ago, Berdfess said:

They were the most boring thing in this game

It is perfectly fine to have that opinion, but removing content from the game, no matter how little the player-base for said content is, is unhealthy.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

It is perfectly fine to have that opinion, but removing content from the game, no matter how little the player-base for said content is, is unhealthy.

the low player base isn't the reason, it's because they needed constant fixing which took up resources. the low player base was just the cherry on top, because if the players were a lot then that justifies the fixes 

DE is ok with 'dead' game modes, they're not ok with 'dead' game modes that they need to have an eye on them, that's why AW and PvP is still here 

7 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

They were removed because they were broken, and not worth the development costs. It was very healthy to remove a bug-ridden part from the game.

9 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Dumpster fire of code hanging up updates on all systems is unhealthy. 

35 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

the low player base isn't the reason, it's because they needed constant fixing which took up resources. the low player base was just the cherry on top, because if the players were a lot then that justifies the fixes 

DE is ok with 'dead' game modes, they're not ok with 'dead' game modes that they need to have an eye on them, that's why AW and PvP is still here 

Conclave is in every hotfix, I don't see how that makes it something they don't have to keep "an eye on".

33 minutes ago, CeePee said:

They were removed because they were broken, and not worth the development costs. It was very healthy to remove a bug-ridden part from the game.

31 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Dumpster fire of code hanging up updates on all systems is unhealthy. 

Only the people who eat up what Digital Extremes said in their thread would believe this. The Jordas Verdict I can understand, but The Law of Retribution had few problems and rarely was in hotfixes. Many other modes like Conclave and such required resources, and those should not be removed either. It is hopeless to ask for them back, but the removal of both Trials feels unjust.

The future of the game is casual and easy to pick up, so I do not expect that kind of content to ever come back. It's a shame.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Цитата

The future of the game is casual and easy to pick up

It never was hard to begin with. Idk what you're on about. Especially considering Raids were never - ever - hard as well.

If anything it became more complex with time because of all the content added especially in the past 2 years so it's the opposite of "easy to pick up". That the game never was. I remember trying it out earlier than I actually started playing and it was the opposite of "easy" to pick up and play.

Edited by -Temp0-

16 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Conclave is in every hotfix, I don't see how that makes it something they don't have to keep "an eye on".

Only the people who eat up what Digital Extremes said in there thread would believe this. The Jordas Verdict I can understand, but The Law of Retribution had few problems and rarely was in hotfixes. Many other modes like Conclave and such required resources, and those should not be removed either. It is hopeless to ask for them back, but the removal of both Trials feels unjust.

The future of the game is casual and easy to pick up, so I do not expect that kind of content to ever come back. It's a shame.

most of the stuff I see for it are balances, and iirc DE has a dedicated pvp team too

oh trust me, I rarely 'eat' what DE gives, but this makes sense. if you want something, you need to let something go, it's as simple as that 

People like to complain about how trials were buggy/broken and such. People also like to complain about how the trial community was full of toxicity and hostility toward other players.

Having done plenty of trials myself (and even put together a guide to help choose the best frames for the job), I also want trials to come back.

Having 8 players in a single mission meant that while there roles to be filled, there was quite a bit of flexibility to what you could bring. A full squad could have 3 experienced players carry a party with few issues given a decent communication established between players. I even did all of the trials with a complete squad of novices and we finished all 3 in an hour.

One issue that people complain about is the lack of random matchmaking. I’d argue that this is actually an upside. Having to manually invite every member of the squad gives everyone time to adjust their loadouts accordingly. In addition it also helps people to find a consistent group to run with.

This also lead to some people perceiving the trial community as toxic, which is not the case at all. Many people wanted to speedrun the trials, and understandably wanted to get the most efficient setups to do so. This lead to people thinking that trial clans were a very tight group of players that were next to impossible to get into, which is simply not the case. If a player wanted to do the trials, they could simply ask in region or recruit chat and a clan would pick them up in minutes.

My clan especially ran trials every other week when we all had a free day. We got to the point where we could chat about life whilst doing some portions of the trials.

With regards to gameplay, people LOVE to hate on trials for just “standing on pads pushing 4”. I beg to differ. If you take a closer look at Phase 2 of LOR, which is the biggest offender in most people’s eyes, there is more going on there than some would suggest.

In a full party, all 8 pads had to be activated. If one got on a pad before the proper time, they’d be electrocuted and killed. A panel had to be hacked in the corner of the room that would display a symbol on a screen, which matched another symbol in the room. If you were on a pad, you were CC’ing for everyone else, of course, but you were also helping your teammates by waypointing the proper pad. Given good communication, any team could pass this portion.

I would also like to note that this was the slowest portion of any of the trials, and it wasn’t even part of JV. Other portions relied more heavily on hacking, farming, protecting bomb carriers, hijack 2.0, and looting (if you knew where the rares were).

Trials we’re not perfect by any means. They did have their fair share of bugs, as with anything made by DE. However, the number of bugs that remained before trials got removed could be counted on one hand for all trials, and they were minuscule.

Literally nothing good came out from removing trials. Many players left the game. Many clans, mine included, became empty and inactive. The normal JV boss fight and Atlas farm became harder by proxy of having fewer players with good Archwing gear. Antiserum injectors have use in only one mission now. CC frames have no advantage over damage frames and are inherently inferior from every perspective. The game became strictly worse when Trials were removed.

33 минуты назад, --Q--Voltage сказал:

Eidolons have none of these elements.

Analogically old puzzle-raids had none of Eidolon hunt's elements.

And Eidolon hunts are much more consistent with the main concept of the game as a whole - dynamic, shooting, moving no gimmick puzzles and etc.

And they force players to cooperate much less. ( besides end-game squads like 3x3\4x4 )

That's very important because the more Warframe force players to cooperate - the more toxity it provokes.

Eidolon hunts are much more friendly to community, to new players and healthy to game atmosphere in general.

And the percent of players who played old puzzle-raids just proves this.

Just as an example, if you remember the old Void, I think you would agree that almost every squad was full of toxity and conflicts just because someone took wrong, non-meta and non-effective gear.

In the New Void everyone may take what he\she likes and simply go with randoms. Just as an example.

But I do agree that the Eidolon hunt missions need some improvement and bug fixes, new Eidolon types or maybe new same type missions on another new open-world planets.

8 player content sounds fun but it should also be mid range difficulty at best otherwise whats the point?  Dont ask for mass player content but only for end gamers.

(honestly though Im more interested in other things I have heard about like Railjack,  That other game mode they talked about where you go after bounties as a clan or whatever???

We know nothing of how the NEW WAR will work....

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN