The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe bundle feedback

So the skins came out and although a lot of people love the nidus skin I personally am not a big fan of it. And they bunched everything up and you cant buy it seperate? Thats just... Sad☹️

What do you guys think? Do you want it seperate? 

(If you are a nidus main then it doesnt apply to you)

Bare in mind, I have no beef with the Nidus skin, I actually love it, I love how the armor details look, the eye balls all over the shoulders, the brass coloring for the shoulders, and my biggest thrill was (as far as I seen) the first two skills have that same brass armor pieces in them for extra graphical looks, I love that a lot.

My beef is the bullS#&$ in the pricing issues compare to all others warframe deluxe skins.

While as a bundle, Nidus bundle is 375 plat with Loki coming second place at 325 and Nyx in third place at 320. The biggest issue I have is the single pricing if you buy the skin alone.

With all the details in the skin and the skill attacks, it runs at 150 while many others varies from high to low with Nyx, the second deluxe skin that came out, has no graphics change in her skill set or details in her skin comes at whopping 200 plat.

Nyx: 200 plat

Ash, Banshee, Chroma, Ember, Frost, Loki, Mag, Mesa, Nekros, Nova, Oberon, Rhino, Saryn, Trinity, Volt: 165 plat

Excalibur, Inaros, Nidus, Octavia, Valkyr: 150 plat.

How could something looks this amazing and has extra details in their skill attacks like a Prime Warframe has cost the lowest? Or for that matter, why are over half the deluxe skins cost so much and just be skin designs with no skill graphics change? This seems like bullS#&$ pricing for warframe to have if they think their best and amazing deluxe skin be so cheap, while the no so detail look skin be 200. Pricing should be adjusted for better quality or should up their game in making other skins higher priced be better quality if charging so much.

Price seems fair for this deluxe bundle. Most have 2 skins for warframe or universal weapon skin/ syandanna or armor but this comes with 5 items

Nidus skin

Kubrow/helminth skin

Syandanna 

Kubrow armor 

Universal claw skin

That's alot of stuff for a deluxe bundle I say the price is fair for that amount of items and how top notch they are.

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku

2 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Price seems fair for this deluxe bundle. Most have 2 skins for warframe or universal weapon skin/ syandanna or armor but this comes 5 items

Nidus skin

Kubrow/helminth skin

Syandanna 

Kubrow armor 

Universal claw skin

That's alot of stuff for a deluxe bundle I say the price is fair for that amount of items and how top notch they are.

Agreed.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Price seems fair for this deluxe bundle. Most have 2 skins for warframe or universal weapon skin/ syandanna or armor but this comes with 5 items

Nidus skin

Kubrow/helminth skin

Syandanna 

Kubrow armor 

Universal claw skin

If you read the rest, my beef isn't much as the bundle itself, I think that is fair, my beef is if you buy the skin ALONE. The price for it is 150 while Nyx is 200.

Well even DE can't always land on the best pricing first time. Maybe the adjusted lower price is what DE found, after first trying other price points, works best for their model. So only after collecting data on selling premium skins could DE find the pricing that maximizes the sales of their delux skins. We have no idea to really know, but it's probably market forces driving thie change somewhat.

This is my only nitpick with the skin. The bones in his energy-arms are very difficult to see with darker colors, which will typically be on the secondary channel (as they are in the default colors.) Changing the secondary channel to a bright color (such as bone-whites) make them more visible, but then makes a lot more of his body that same color.

The primary channel also has his ribs and the part of his helmet with teeth, and feels like it would be a more fitting choice for the arm-bone colors. As it is, in order to get all his bone-bits the same color, it takes both Primary and Secondary channels, which turns him 90% the same color.

This one change would make him feel a lot better to color, and keep all his bone-parts on the same color channel.

It may also go with the idea that there are more Nidus out there than we, the player base, know. If there are 10,000 Nidus out there compared to 4,000 Nyx...selling the skin by itself would bet more plat being used. More plat going to DE means more plat has to come from purchasing it via the store.

That is my way of seeing the price....

Cheers

I have never thought that would ever say that but with the Nidus Phryke skin (the deluxe skin) I feel that this needs to be an option.
The skin looks amazing when it's without the armor. The skin so sleek and badass looking and may I say probably the best deluxe we have up till now.
However whenever you get the armor (and that happens in every single mission unless it's a capture mission) the skin looks awful at least in my opinion. It's overly detailed, it's clipping, it's all over the place and it ruins the skin for me... I genuinely prefer to play as the normal skin than that which is a shame
Then again that's just my opinion and I guess I will have to play with the normal skin and hope they add that as an option

2 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

It may also go with the idea that there are more Nidus out there than we, the player base, know. If there are 10,000 Nidus out there compared to 4,000 Nyx...selling the skin by itself would bet more plat being used. More plat going to DE means more plat has to come from purchasing it via the store.

That is my way of seeing the price....

Cheers

The problem with this that if their are 10,000 nidus players, the market would have that at a higher price to get the most value out of it compare to something that isn't selling well to be lower, that is why you see toys and games that don't sell well go to bargain bins while those that are way popular would be marked up in price cause the consumer wants.

And at 3 years Nyx if she is still being the less popular of the group, would have had her price dropped to 165 or 150 vs nidus, a popular warframe that many would love, be at 200 to get the most worth.

Just now, Xianos_Chaos said:

The problem with this that if they're 10,000 nidus players, the market would have that at a higher price to get the most value out of it compare to something that isn't selling well to be lower, that is why you see toys and games that don't sell well go to bargain bins while those that are way popular would be marked up in price cause the consumer wants.

And at 3 years Nyx if she is still being the less popular of the group, would have had her price dropped to 165 or 150 vs nidus, a popular warframe that many would love, be at 200 to get the most worth.

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

200 for Nyx Deluxe is definitely too high. And to consider it's just recycling the design of one of the previous DE titles.

Plus if you look at the bundle pack for Nyx, it only has Nyx warframe and skin, which is two things for 320 plat....that is high price for the new stuff now these days.

So you’re not happy that Nyx’s deluxe skin cost too much? At the same time you’re also not happy that we can get nidus skin alone for so cheap?  

I understand the arguenent but it’s pretty whacko to me that someone actually complained that something is costing cheap. 

Edited by kyori

1 minute ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

Nidus bundle price is perfect.  It brings a lot of stuff. 

Bundle is fair, if you read the rest, the price for just the skin alone is 150 vs many others that are 165 and Nyx at 200, plus if we talk about bundles, Nyx's bundle that has only two things in it is 320, third highest price.

For players of course it's better if DE sells all deluxe items separately instead of making them exclusive to bundles. I still haven't get the sword skin in Frost Deluxe coz DE gifted the separate Frost skin in a twitch event and I don't want to pay for the full bundle. Part of me wishes that DE never did that.

Edited by Marvelous_A

1 hour ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Don't see the need tbh the sparring stances with those claws would feel a little weird tbh. They fine on claws.

In that case I have a question for you - what does hirudo look like to you?

It's a bloody claw.

9 minutes ago, Ejuz said:

In that case I have a question for you - what does hirudo look like to you?

It's a bloody claw.

Less of the attitude, mate. Hirudo is a Sparring weapon. No other skins cross between stance types, so why should an exception be made for this?

4 hours ago, therealDG said:

by that logic can we have the eyes on his shoulders toggled too? it makes my skin crawl.

If devs would decide to make them optional then yes + this skin already has an optional loincloth, so why not plastic human hands?

Edited by Shining_Darkness