Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Sigils.

Eidolon_Slayer

Heyo DE & Community. I think Arcane Sigils will be a wonderful addition to the grind to power that we all strive for! They don't have to be new sigils, how about we add arcanes onto sigils instead? Giving an option to merge arcanes into sigils, like you've done with Syndanas? Give them a glowy effect like the rift sigil. Eh?

This could help strengthen older frames, like Vauban or Nyx whom're designed around having one purpose such as purely CC. Compared to newer frames like Harrow and Mesa whom can perform multiple roles.

Edited by Eidolon_Slayer

You mean their symbols made into sigils ya? That will be cool. As well include the focus schools and every thing that has a symbol, making all symbols as wearable sigils will be cool. That includes all the warframe power symbols... the buff symbols etc.

Edited by kyori

6 minutes ago, kyori said:

You mean their symbols made into sigils ya? That will be cool. As well include the focus schools and every thing that has a symbol, making all symbols as wearable sigils will be cool. That includes all the warframe power symbols... the buff symbols etc.

No.. I meant putting arcane effects onto sigils.

Just now, Eidolon_Slayer said:

It would be a step forwards towards becoming more powerful.

I hope you realize that if they even want to implement this, arcanes are gonna take a nerf to balance it out, right

I'm meaning a step backwards in design. They've done away with helmets that alter stats, then they took arcanes out of being slotted into cosmetics. I doubt they'd do a 180 and have us slot them in sigils suddenly. Fashion frame and power creep are streams they are trying to not cross. I'm sure there are things down the road, like those giant arm cannons and stuff we still don't have but more arcane slots seems iffy on if that'll happen. Unless they make weapon arcanes like ZAWs, AMPs, and Operators have.

2 minutes ago, Atsia said:

I hope you realize that if they even want to implement this, arcanes are gonna take a nerf to balance it out, right

1 minute ago, Kazzamo said:

I'm meaning a step backwards in design. They've done away with helmets that alter stats, then they took arcanes out of being slotted into cosmetics. I doubt they'd do a 180 and have us slot them in sigils suddenly. Fashion frame and power creep are streams they are trying to not cross. I'm sure there are things down the road, like those giant arm cannons and stuff we still don't have but more arcane slots seems iffy on if that'll happen. Unless they make weapon arcanes like ZAWs, AMPs, and Operators have.

If having 4 arcane slots means having each arcane nerfed, I'm fine with that as long as they result in having stronger combined effects than before. Four arcane slots provide more versatility as well. Implement additional arcane slots onto sigils, re-balance arcanes, ultimately increase the demand for rivens in the market. What happens next? 

Why do we need to be "more powerful"?  I've read no less than 5 threads today alone about people complaining that "this game is too easy".    Which is it?  Too easy?  Difficult enough that we need more power?  Make up your damn minds, people!

Pfft, and y'all think -DE- is the issue with Warframe...ha!

They took arcanes away from cosmetic attachments for a reason. Relying on specific look for a certain power is not conducive to fashion frame. Annnnnd it's a PITA to swap out, why? Do you hate efficiency? People can't even handle the pink cyst on them for a week. And there is nothing in the game to use our current power against anyway except for endless missions for the sake of trying to die to lvl 300+ enemies.

Edited by Firetempest

4 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

They took arcanes away from cosmetic attachments for a reason. Relying on specific look for a certain power is not conducive to fashion frame. People can't even handle the pink cyst on them for a week. And there is nothing in the game to use our current power against anyway except for endless missions for the sake of trying to die to lvl 300+ enemies.

Your first two sentences were referring to Arcane helmets, which aren't standard arcanes that can be mix-n-matched like the current and previous arcanes that could be slotted onto Warframes and syndanas. So in the end, you really don't need to rely on a certain appearance to look powerful unless you choose to, since you'd be able to mix and match any arcane with any sigil.

Edited by Eidolon_Slayer

10 minutes ago, Eidolon_Slayer said:

Your first two sentences were referring to Arcane helmets, which aren't standard arcanes that can be mix-n-matched like the current and previous arcanes that could be slotted onto Warframes and syndanas.

No, the last arcanes we're still stuck on specific syndanas or helmets but only of your choosing. And that still limited options if you used many frames requiring the same syndanas. Or new arcanes because of different helmets. Then all the trouble of distilling them off cosmetics.

Still no practical point whatsoever in having 4 arcanes. Other than power creep when there is nothing to creep too.

Syndicates gathering locked on sigils already grinds my gears enough.

Edited by Firetempest

5 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

No, the last arcanes we're still stuck on specific syndanas or helmets but only of your choosing. And that still limited options if you used many frames requiring the same syndanas. Or new arcanes because of different helmets. Then all the trouble of distilling them off cosmetics.

Still no practical point whatsoever in having 4 arcanes. 

You know players could obtain multiple of the same syndanas? Also, with how current arcanes can be swapped freely, there's no reason why each sigil couldn't have it's own slot & memory of w/e it was slotted with on individual Warframes.

The practical point of having 4 arcanes is to add versatility to WF roles. Let's face it. Older and single purposed frames are drastically inferior to newer, multi-purposed frames.

Edited by Eidolon_Slayer

5 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Yea...let me just throw away 500$ to DE for 10 Uru Prime Syandana.

That old system was scrapped for a newer and more convenient one.

1 hour ago, Eidolon_Slayer said:

there's no reason why each sigil couldn't have it's own slot & memory of w/e it was slotted with on individual Warframes.

2 часа назад, Eidolon_Slayer сказал:

If having 4 arcane slots means having each arcane nerfed, I'm fine with that as long as they result in having stronger combined effects than before. 

Everything you said so far makes literally 0 sense.

I like using arcanes, primed mods and strong weapons but good god. This is already too easy. You don't need 4 arcanes.

Edited by -Temp0-

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

Everything you said so far makes literally 0 sense.

I like using arcanes, primed mods and strong weapons but good good. This is already too easy. You don't need 4 arcanes.

Here's the math if you don't understand the quote. For simplicity's sake, I was under the assumption that each r3 riven would have its effects nerfed. Assume identical R3 arcane's % representing 3 points.

Current (2 slots) 3+3 results in 6 points

4 slots: 2 + 2 + 2 +2 results in 8 points.

Everything gets reworked eventually.

Just now, Eidolon_Slayer said:

Here's the math if you don't understand the quote. For simplicity's sake, I was under the assumption that each r3 riven would have its effects nerfed. Assume identical R3 arcane's % representing 3 points.

Current (2 slots) 3+3 results in 6 points

4 slots: 2 + 2 + 2 +2 results in 8 points.

Everything gets reworked eventually.

or in reality, its 1.5+1.5+1.5+1.5. if they didn't want to increase their usefulness beyond what they have planned.

There is no reason for your wanted power creep. They do not provide diversity. Everyone would just further push what a individual frame is already good at. Which is your real goal.

Just now, Firetempest said:

or in reality, its 1.5+1.5+1.5+1.5. if they didn't want to increase their usefulness beyond what they have planned.

There is no reason for your wanted power creep. They do not provide diversity. Everyone would just further push what a individual frame is already good at. Which is your real goal.

The real goal you mention is just how we're coping with the system.

I'm sorry, but this is a bad idea. For all the reasons already mentioned. Unnecessary power creep, and a step backwards in terms of cosmetic pigeonholing. Next you'll want ANOTHER 2 arcane slots and nerf arcanes further. 

I don't see why this is needed? The current system lets players use whatever Arcanes they wish & without tieing them to a cosmetic forcing them to Distill & reapply if they decide to change frames/style.

Basically you're asking for a 3rd & 4th Arcane slot...(That's 8 freaking revives per mission...)

I honestly think it's well balanced as is. We have 2 slots, which forces players to really consider/judge what arcanes they wish to equip based on frame & mission.