Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Tesla...

(PSN)LoisGordils

Instead of just adding base damage and status proc to Tesla as base (a horrible ability that should be completely REMOVED), you make players charge up a mediocre skill for a slightly less mediocre attack? Laziest tweaks of 2018, by far. 

I have hopes that it doesn't stay here, please 😕

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

Tesla comparatively is the easiest skill to  buff in his kit. There were so many options

• Multiple tesla per throw
  • Allow Tesla to hit multipe enemies
  • Tesla is cheaper to cast

Charge skills are an unoriginal way to buff a skill where the issue was never damage, it was lack of utility in his kit. At the very least replace the damage charge portion of the charge with more tesla's.

Edited by Buzkyl

56 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

A status proc that directly ties into his new passive. Wow, so horrible. Truly the worst thing any person has done in 2018.

That can be activated by

• Bounce
  • Tripwire
  • Concuss grenade
  • Shred grenade
  • Bastille
  • Vortex
  • Allies

Saying the buff synergizes with his passive is a copout as his buff synergizes with every CC in the game.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Ah yes, the Warframe Forums' sad, conformist troll. 

Pointing out the change tied directly into his new passive is being conformist? Telling the devs to just add more damage and proc chance to something is even lazier than the change they made.

I'd take a straight up base status increase of like 50% if it meant that tesla didn't have to charge for benefits. Charge abilities always have the drawback of not being fast enough in action, and tesla does not need that. Unless you want to waste a mod space for natural talent to improve one ability.

Oh yeah, also the fact that charge abilities are weaker overall if you don't charge them, which nullifies the quicker cast and lesser energy cost which forces you to take your time and charge them.

Edited by -Bv-Concarne

I can accept that the DEvs probably want to take their time making more substantial changes to Vauban down the road, but this "buff" to Tesla  just seems like a waste of time. Aside from getting a little more bang for your 25 energy (which, if you're even bothering to use Tesla in the first place energy is clearly of no issue to you) there's no reason to waste time slowly charging each individual Tesla when you can just spam a barrage of them and achieve a similar effect.

3 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Instead of just adding base damage and status proc to Tesla as base (a horrible ability that should be completely REMOVED), you make players charge up a mediocre skills for a slightly less mediocre attack? Laziest tweaks of 2018, by far. 

+1

I'm with you mate, completely agree

2 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

Tesla comparatively is the easiest skill to  buff in his kit. There were so many options

• Multiple tesla per throw
  • Allow Tesla to hit multipe enemies
  • Tesla is cheaper to cost

Charge skills are an unoriginal way to buff a skill where the issue was never damage, it was lack of utility in his kit. At the very least replace the damage charge portion of the charge with more tesla's.

As I suggested under tha main update page, to tweak tesla it would have been sufficient to make the charged version launching 3 mini tesla, half the size thus halved range, and dusration, but doubled damage. That would justify the cost, and the extremely long charge time

22 minutes ago, Paradoxbomb said:

I can accept that the DEvs probably want to take their time making more substantial changes to Vauban down the road, but this "buff" to Tesla  just seems like a waste of time. Aside from getting a little more bang for your 25 energy (which, if you're even bothering to use Tesla in the first place energy is clearly of no issue to you) there's no reason to waste time slowly charging each individual Tesla when you can just spam a barrage of them and achieve a similar effect.

man, i wouldn't even call this a buff...

23 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Bastille and Vortex are as cheap to throw out as Tesla?

Functionally yes.  to get the 100% status, you have to charge it, which doubles the casting cost.  With no efficiency, its 50 vs. 75 energy for a Bastille.  On a normal 160% efficiency build, that drops to 20 energy vs. 30.  That difference is small enough to be negligible, making casting cost functionally the same.  

57 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Bastille and Vortex are as cheap to throw out as Tesla?

which is more efficient and less time consuming, using 1 bastille to trap 20 enemies, or using 7  fully charged teslas to zap random targets?

stop defending this trashy ability

1 minute ago, TKDancer said:

which is more efficient and less time consuming, using 1 bastille to trap 20 enemies, or using 7  fully charged teslas to zap random targets?

stop defending this trashy ability

Several changes that are explicitly not the end of the revisit of Vauban. Treating this one change like DE went into OP's house and shanked their cat is beyond overkill. I'm defending nothing. OP was just overdramatic.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Several changes that are explicitly not the end of the revisit of Vauban. Treating this one change like DE went into OP's house and shanked their cat is beyond overkill. I'm defending nothing. OP was just overdramatic.

OP was not overdramatic, they were stop-on, in fact u are the one being dramatic cause u cant admit u were wrong in defending this bad skill

tesla is an awful and ridiculously outdated skill, slapping a "hold to charge" function after years is pointless because its dmg output, even at max charge, is awful for the content that matters(worse vs armored enemies), and its CC is awful compared to bastille and vortex, neither of which need charging up for full power

Summary of the added charging mechanic: For 50% more energy, just use Bastille for actual CC of several enemies.

I get that it's "not a damage ability", but it's not an anything ability at the moment. Charging should only take 1/4 of a second or throw 5 Teslas at once, or make it chain like Volt's Shock, or a lot of other things that aren't adding a mechanic that did nothing for Fireball.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

peterc3, just stop, dude. You're making a complete fool of yourself. All your opinions are basically the same:

"Players are wrong, shouldn't complain or give feedback. DE always knows right"

No one really takes your opinions seriously anymore. The Tesla buff was a lazy cop-out. Of course, you always want to appeal to DE like a pet. So, chill. And pleaaase, refrain from commenting on anyother of my posts :]

9 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Ah yes, the Warframe Forums' sad, conformist troll. 

Lol, @peterc3 spits fire in a no-nonsense way.  He is a voice of reason among a cacophony of kids who demand buffs and unnecessary changes to everything while simultaneously singing the praises of gameplay-destroying cheese.  I applaud his patience and stamina in replying to so many of these threads in such a civil, succinct manner.

5 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Of course, you always want to appeal to DE like a pet.

I mean, how else am I going to get paid unless I squints hard poke holes in tissue thin excuses for ideas. This was one change in more to come. If you want to @ me you need to quote or use an @. I gain literally nothing from commenting on a bloody forum. Either calmly put your ideas out there or reasonably list changes you'd like to see or I'm going to come into your kitchen and mess with your pots and pans.

10 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

(a horrible ability that should be completely REMOVED)

This is bad feedback.

10 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Laziest tweaks of 2018, by far. 

This is bad feedback.

"Players are wrong, shouldn't complain or give feedback. DE always knows right"

Most players are wrong. They'd easily trade their ideal game for today for the long term health of the game and DE the company tomorrow.

No one really takes your opinions seriously anymore.

Then I must be upvoting my posts with sockpuppets.

13 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Instead of just adding base damage and status proc to Tesla as base (a horrible ability that should be completely REMOVED), you make players charge up a mediocre skill for a slightly less mediocre attack? Laziest tweaks of 2018, by far. 

Why did they even put a charge mechanic? If they wanted to buff the damage and stat proc, just do it without having the player charge the damn thing.