Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone teach me how to loki

Williamwaitunnaing

Question

15 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Williamwaitunnaing said:

I just got Loki prime and I am now building it in the foundry. Can someone teach me how to loki and answer a few questions? How good is loki? Is melee damage always multiplied when he’s invisible? What are some good builds? 

Press 2 and do stuff. Easy...if you actualy use it before asking questions.

Only get the stealth buff if they are totally unaware there is any danger.  

If they see dead bodies, or hear you shooting or you bump into them they will be alerted to you but can’t quite find you.

If they watch you stealth, they will shoot at the area they last saw you.  Invisibility is not invincibility. 

3 minutes ago, kyori said:

No. His power does not grant auto stealth multiplier. It’s just his invisibility make it easier than most other frames which can’t go invisible. 

I thought it does. Wikipedia says "Stealth Damage Multipliers are applied to melee attacks. Coming into physical contact with the enemy while attacking will temporarily remove the damage bonus." 

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

And so it is. Even if enemies are attacking your squadmates, if you are invisible you get the stealth dmg multiplier.

What these 2 guys mean is the Stealth Affinity (up to 500%). At least it seems like that

So I still get the stealth damage multiplier even if I will not get the affirnity boost if they are alerted by my allies. so should I go alone if i am farming focus?

Sadly Loki isn't a valid option to farm Focus as

34 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

If they see dead bodies, or hear you shooting or you bump into them they will be alerted

You have to hard CC them or else you won't get happy. Try the meta Banshee/Equinox method or go ESO.

I can only recommend ESO as Support

SijuxJR.jpg&key=6662bf77bb774106552f7285

4 minutes ago, Williamwaitunnaing said:

So I still get the stealth damage multiplier even if I will not get the affirnity boost if they are alerted by my allies. so should I go alone if i am farming focus?

So if you're going to farm focus Loki isn't the greatest. What you need to understand is that if you kill an enemy with a stealth kill and ANY OTHER enemy sees that one die, all of them will be alerted and no longer viable for stealth kills, meaning your stealth multiplier is now gone. Equinox or Ivara putting everything to sleep is the better method for focus farming. If you do decide to use Loki make sure you kill while in melee mode and make sure you're channelling so that the dead bodies disintegrate and can't be seen by their friends.

Edited by Zilchy

58 minutes ago, Williamwaitunnaing said:

I just got Loki prime and I am now building it in the foundry. Can someone teach me how to loki and answer a few questions? How good is loki? Is melee damage always multiplied when he’s invisible? What are some good builds? 

you get 100% additional affinity every time you do a stealth kill (mostly by melle)

It stacks up to 500%

You have a limited time before it resets

I think what OP's done is take the 500% stealth affinity bonus and added it to Loki's 200% stealth damage bonus and assumed that Loki gets 700% extra damage. He only gets 200% damage bonus for invisible kills on unaltered enemies and the stealth affinity multiplier applies to focus and affinity (xp) gains for melee kills. For each successful stealth kill in a row you get an extra 100% bonus affinity up to a maximum of 500% bonus affinity per kill.

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I think what OP's done is take the 500% stealth affinity bonus and added it to Loki's 200% stealth damage bonus and assumed that Loki gets 700% extra damage. He only gets 200% damage bonus for invisible kills on unaltered enemies and the stealth affinity multiplier applies to focus and affinity (xp) gains for melee kills. For each successful stealth kill in a row you get an extra 100% bonus affinity up to a maximum of 500% bonus affinity per kill.

No, I found it from wikipedia. It says "Standard melee attacks are affected by a +700% stealth damage bonus when attacking unalerted enemies, or when cloaked by an ability " 

source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth#Melee_Damage_Multiplier

19 minutes ago, Williamwaitunnaing said:

No, I found it from wikipedia. It says "Standard melee attacks are affected by a +700% stealth damage bonus when attacking unalerted enemies, or when cloaked by an ability " 

From what i can se that page is outdated at least the dmg multiplier via stealth.

Even if its 700% you would have to kill 1-2 enemyes per room and 1 shot them so you don't alert them and reset the counter. Not efficient at all but still.

Btw that 700% isn't related to the finnisher dmg?

Edited by Nephalem

25 minutes ago, Williamwaitunnaing said:

Well it's definitely incorrect sorry to have to tell you. The only stealth damage that high is finisher damage, requiring unalerted enemies and Loki isn't great for that cos as soon as 1 enemy sees another die, stealth kills are no longer possible.