Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please No More Twitch Drops...

(XBOX)MasterProtector

Now before anyone bites me out for this, I am happy warframe does these different promotional giveaways. Frequently i like and go after most of the items. But twitch drops have had issues in the past and presently even, while having technical issues is to be expected no matter the side it comes from, the issue im having stems with what appears to be an inability bordering on refusal to help rectify an issue. 

Now i know for a fact i am not the only person who has encountered this problem so allow me to explain. I have only 1 xbox account, only 1 warframe account, only 1 twitch account, all of which are linked i have pictures showing this but for security reasons i wont be posting them here. I was in the group well back during the plains twitch drop whom didnt get the teralyst sigil due to a reported and known bug that prevented people from getting it. At that time I went to support and asked if they could retroactively add it to my inventory since i was present (and had gotten all other rewards so clearly i was participating) and was then told that they were going to be adding a way to get it in the future, while i was not happy about this i took it as was and moved on.

Fast forward several months, since i saw no news on it that i recall i messaged them again with a reference number again asking them if they could retroactively add the item, i was told that they could not add an item directly to someone inventory, i was told they cant "prove" i was there, to which i was going to get a statement from the twitch partner streamer who i was talking with during that exact stream in messaging. eventually after much discussion i was given the teralyst sigil for my "persistence". I wasnt happy with the tone of that phrasing but was happy to got what i earned.

Now again im facing this issue with the current twitch drops where i know others have had this issue of not getting them, I have all my accounts linked, and even relinked just to be safe and only after the second stream during the 7-9th time frame did i get the starchild diad. The teshin statue however i have watched 4 streams over 60 minutes consecutively during the 10-12th time frame and have not received it, first off after having gone back and fourth with support for 3 days was told, we cant add items, which they have, that they cant do anything due to the twitch partnership, which i dont think is true since its a coded item in the game, it was seeming that i was being talked down to when i assured, sent pictures, and elaborated on the facts that it was not an error on my end showing said pictures of all accounts interlinked and noting that i received one reward but not the other, yet so far i have been refused the item from this promotion that i met the terms of conditions to receive, and i am outraged by this, not because of the item more so that i feel im being mislead and lied to as i know many others who have been accurately linked have not received their twitch rewards either, as to the exact number i do not know, but i have seen in other forums i am not alone in this. DE if you are seeing this, i love what you do, and i am not posting this to in any way diminish your hard work. I am just making a statement that because of the seeming lack of accuracy in the deposit of these reward items, perhaps we should not be doing twitch drops any more, as people are participating and those who followed instructions but didnt get rewarded due to some technical bug are being refused any sort of help in the matter as i have been by the support staff. If any members of DE see this i would like some sort of acknowledgement on this matter. If you would like a reference number to my ticket I will send it whichever way you like me too. 

13 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

I believe OP, your thread should be "Please fix twitch drops" not "please end twitch drops".

A fix would be great, but from current experiences there doesnt seem to be any willingness to help those who have not gotten them due to whatever error or bug prevented it. if not everyone who participated is going to get it then we shouldnt have them at all, thats my opinion and i have a right to that, if they do decide to fix it, then that would be fine as well.

40 minutes ago, (XB1)MasterProtector said:

A fix would be great, but from current experiences there doesnt seem to be any willingness to help those who have not gotten them due to whatever error or bug prevented it. if not everyone who participated is going to get it then we shouldnt have them at all, thats my opinion and i have a right to that, if they do decide to fix it, then that would be fine as well.

If the system doesn't say you were watching, how can that be fixed besides trusting players to not just lie?

They aren't important enough to just end the promotion because someone didn't get a shiny after watching a stream for a bit of time.

Meh, I'd like to see the metrics on the number of people who just open the stream and leave to get the loot exclusively.  I don't watch many streamers, I don't watch any warframe streamers, and that doesn't change when they do a drop.  Artificial view inflation, bleh.

It would bother me precisely 0% if they never did the twitch drop promotion again.

47 minutes ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

Meh, I'd like to see the metrics on the number of people who just open the stream and leave to get the loot exclusively

Step 1) Muted stream? ✔
Step 2) 180p quality? ✔
Step 3) Separate window? ✔
Step 4) Do whatever you need to do in life. ✔
Step 5) Grofit

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

If the system doesn't say you were watching, how can that be fixed besides trusting players to not just lie?

They aren't important enough to just end the promotion because someone didn't get a shiny after watching a stream for a bit of time.

Heres the problem with that, if you read the OP i got the first item as stated, not until after the second stream watched, and when i watch stream i watch them in entirety, not just partially till i meet the time or let it sit in the background, i actually watch it. With this second item i watched 4 stream over 60 minutes consecutively, there are no exclusions to this as it says any warframe stream. Why would i have to go out of my way about this to lie about sitting for some time to watch essentially a video....... really? i dont know what shallow people you know but i actually participated. Im angry more because of the lack of customer service than i am just not even getting the item. And if you read in the OP this isnt the first time there has been a bug with twitch, as stated in the past if anyone forgot the survive the night stream bug..... lots of people didnt get their teralyst sigil. and ive seen others not getting rewards when they get others, clearly there is an issue and if not everyone who meets the conditions is getting the rewards, then its not fair to have them when some will be left out despite participating. 

and while im not suggesting this applies to you personally but perhaps only people who have had similar issues should be contributing to this rather than trying to make me some evil troll just because i want something i participated to get. I actually care if things work as intended.

So I had an issue where my thing wasn't properly linked... it got fixed when reset and DE still gave me the thing, not once but twice.

I had taken out a support ticket.  My thought is they sent it but it had to go through twitch, once it was fixed, it dropped twice, once the first time, another the second time from the support ticket.  Seems like they gave me the thing anyway, I just needed to fix my link that didn't link correctly the first time (no idea why it didn't, did the same thing the second time and it worked, but w/e).

Additionally the first stream or two I didn't pay attention to what was going on and muted it, later I started listening, turns out there's lots of really important, good and exciting information... even the prime time stuff can have some neat things with dojo tours and such for inspiration to make your own stuff.  I might suggest those of you muting it give it an actual listen one day.  It's worth the time.  

16 hours ago, MrMrs said:

I know the twitch drops broke for ash prime. Luckily they had a script that "fixed" the problem. Hopefully, DE finally sees the pattern.

Broke in a good way at least there, overloaded because we have such a large fan base :) at least theres a silver lining in that. warframe definitely isnt a dying game. 

On 2018-08-16 at 1:26 AM, (XB1)MasterProtector said:

Now before anyone bites me out for this, I am happy warframe does these different promotional giveaways. Frequently i like and go after most of the items. But twitch drops have had issues in the past and presently even, while having technical issues is to be expected no matter the side it comes from, the issue im having stems with what appears to be an inability bordering on refusal to help rectify an issue. 

Now i know for a fact i am not the only person who has encountered this problem so allow me to explain. I have only 1 xbox account, only 1 warframe account, only 1 twitch account, all of which are linked i have pictures showing this but for security reasons i wont be posting them here. I was in the group well back during the plains twitch drop whom didnt get the teralyst sigil due to a reported and known bug that prevented people from getting it. At that time I went to support and asked if they could retroactively add it to my inventory since i was present (and had gotten all other rewards so clearly i was participating) and was then told that they were going to be adding a way to get it in the future, while i was not happy about this i took it as was and moved on.

Fast forward several months, since i saw no news on it that i recall i messaged them again with a reference number again asking them if they could retroactively add the item, i was told that they could not add an item directly to someone inventory, i was told they cant "prove" i was there, to which i was going to get a statement from the twitch partner streamer who i was talking with during that exact stream in messaging. eventually after much discussion i was given the teralyst sigil for my "persistence". I wasnt happy with the tone of that phrasing but was happy to got what i earned.

Now again im facing this issue with the current twitch drops where i know others have had this issue of not getting them, I have all my accounts linked, and even relinked just to be safe and only after the second stream during the 7-9th time frame did i get the starchild diad. The teshin statue however i have watched 4 streams over 60 minutes consecutively during the 10-12th time frame and have not received it, first off after having gone back and fourth with support for 3 days was told, we cant add items, which they have, that they cant do anything due to the twitch partnership, which i dont think is true since its a coded item in the game, it was seeming that i was being talked down to when i assured, sent pictures, and elaborated on the facts that it was not an error on my end showing said pictures of all accounts interlinked and noting that i received one reward but not the other, yet so far i have been refused the item from this promotion that i met the terms of conditions to receive, and i am outraged by this, not because of the item more so that i feel im being mislead and lied to as i know many others who have been accurately linked have not received their twitch rewards either, as to the exact number i do not know, but i have seen in other forums i am not alone in this. DE if you are seeing this, i love what you do, and i am not posting this to in any way diminish your hard work. I am just making a statement that because of the seeming lack of accuracy in the deposit of these reward items, perhaps we should not be doing twitch drops any more, as people are participating and those who followed instructions but didnt get rewarded due to some technical bug are being refused any sort of help in the matter as i have been by the support staff. If any members of DE see this i would like some sort of acknowledgement on this matter. If you would like a reference number to my ticket I will send it whichever way you like me too. 

let me summarise:

I have a technical problem with twitch drops so I can't have the items, please don't give more items I can't obtain.

Uh, that's a lot of issues you're having with the twitch drops. 

First time around, I just watched a stream a day for the whole period and got all the drops. I think that the only thing I noticed was off about it, was that the dates didn't line up with the advertised drop dates. 

I can't say that I have learned a lot from the streams, mostly just someone chattering away and doing very little in terms of actual gameplay from my experience. I'm sorry but I don't really care to have their glyphs or whatever and I'm not interested in the contests they have to give stuff away.

A couple of times I just couldn't be bothered staying awake through the stream, so I had it on while I was sleeping but most of the time, if it's on it gets some of my attention. 

On 2018-08-16 at 2:27 PM, (XB1)MasterProtector said:

With this second item i watched 4 stream over 60 minutes consecutively, there are no exclusions to this as it says any warframe stream. 

Doesn't it have to be a warframe partner? Not all streams are partners. The first time they had a page with a link specifically showing which partners were streaming at any given time. 

13 hours ago, NecromancerX69 said:

I agree with Op.

In the end, I never got the Teralyst sigil even if I watch Brozime stream...

Same almost happen with the Sacrifice, thankfully DE did send those rewards. Either DE fixes the problem or no longer give twitch rewards.

That is something else i dont understand, they claim they cant add them to someones inventory, but i know they have, what strikes me as odd is the rather sporadic selection of what they add. Perhaps it just comes down to the staff member you get. 

On 2018-08-18 at 9:10 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Translation: "This doesn't always work for me, so nobody should get it." 

its an issue with it not being fair when people who participated are being refused to get their rewards, while i cant say its overly common, its still an issue. If you have any helpful advice to resolve this issue i would be glad to hear it. As for me, i will continue to ask and question until its resolved. i encourage others to do the same.

PS im a firm believer in context. While its generally overlooked, theres specific meaning in the way things are said. 

7 hours ago, (XB1)MasterProtector said:

its an issue with it not being fair when people who participated are being refused to get their rewards, while i cant say its overly common, its still an issue. If you have any helpful advice to resolve this issue i would be glad to hear it. As for me, i will continue to ask and question until its resolved. i encourage others to do the same.

PS im a firm believer in context. While its generally overlooked, theres specific meaning in the way things are said. 

Have you tried relinking your accounts and only watching partner streams? 

And yes there are meanings in what people say, and sometimes there is a simpler way to have said it... Like what you quoted. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Have you tried relinking your accounts and only watching partner streams? 

And yes there are meanings in what people say, and sometimes there is a simpler way to have said it... Like what you quoted. 

My accounts were relinked and properly so (as mentioned in the OP) but watching any more streams now wouldnt do anything for me since the date has passed, the only ones who can rectify this now is DE.

also according to the twitch drops page, only the cherry tree glyph was eligible to be obtained through "partner" streams. 

Starchild Diadem 
 On the following days, watch any Warframe Stream for 60 minutes to get this exclusive Operator Cosmetic: 
August 7, 12:00 a.m. ET - 
August 9, 11:59 p.m. ET

Teshin Statue 
On the following days, watch any Warframe Stream for 60 minutes to get this exclusive Orbiter Decoration: 
August 10, 12:00 a.m. ET - 
August 12, 11:59 p.m. ET

Cherry Tree Glyph 
On the following days, watch any Warframe Partner stream for 60 minutes to get this exclusive Cherry Tree Glyph: 
August 13, 12:00 a.m. ET - 
August 15, 11:59 p.m. ET

That's the last thing DE with do by now. remove twitch drops?  how would they incentivize new players who don't want to grind or play the game as intended?  its kinda killing players who stack up sets to sell overtime when every summer or 2 times a year they give away primes.  New players are king now.

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah, you want to watch the partners next time. Or you can try your luck at arguing that it didn't say partner weeks after the fact. 

I know which one I did. 😉

like i said earlier, i believe context is important, but im pretty sure in the end ill get it, just think of shawshank redemption when he was writing letters for new books every week.