Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Means of doing old Events

(XBOX)Spartan117qz

We all know about the old events like Gatecrash, Ambulace Reborn, Pacifism Defect. All of them had rewards that are extremely necessary for a lot of setups, and yet you cannot get the shock mods (reliably) from anyone other than Baro. You can't get the Ignis Wraith from anyone other than the handfull of clans that hit max rank and weren't disbanded. Supra Vandal is also a baro Exclusive. 

So my proposal is this. "Simaris wishes to expand his knowledge of creatures and beasts that only existed for short periods of time. The Machine Mind, Animo. In examining the texts and records of conflicts the tenno have fought, he sees the historical significance of some of these events and wishes to examine them more closely. Enter the Sanctuary, modified heavily to recreate the events listed in the tenno archive, and give Simaris the data he wants."

Essentially, make some of the old events available for people to do. Possibly have a means of getting the rewards from them in some way. (A currency obtained from Simaris that isn't his normal standing, mayhaps).

It could be a cyclical thing where you change the active event once a week or every other week or so. The idea of "Something should always be going on" should be in the forefront of your minds.

Edited by (XB1)Spartan117qz

I just want to fill the 0s of event scores on my profile and get the Tethra's Doom Quantum Emblem and Kill Skull Gold Emblem if I could get the chance at it. Repeating old Operations with their rewards is a good filler for content drought and allows exclusive cosmetics to be obtainable for anyone who joined in the last few years. 

I like it.  It -is- sorta feedback, in other words, it is something that DE should look into regarding consumer feedback on future content or how old, expired content is handled....

But yeah, as someone who really values story, I'd love to be able to play/replay old story events and fill in the gaps.  Sanctuary functions as a Matrix of sorts, so this is totally plausible.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Spartan117qz said:

Didn't really think of this as feedback, more of a spitballed idea typed up in 5 minutes.

You consider the community (not DE) discussion sub-forum more relevant for your idea than the ideas/feedback subforum? 

Curious :tongue:

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

and Kill Skull Gold Emblem if I could get the chance at it.

Obtaining the gold kill skull meant playing nearly constantly and only stopping to sleep. I don't think they should take that away from those 10 players.

10 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Feedback should be in feedback.

Nevertheless, whilst I could see DE adding the old events in some way, I don't see them adding the rewards for it.

unfortunatly most events are only good because of the rewards, wouldnt mind picking up the nice shiney tethra's doom quantum shoulder sparkles for my alts.

I'd like to be able to do the old event missions and get the cosmetics but the actual mod rewards etc shouldn't be in them. Players sell those rare mods and bringing then back like that would devalue far too many items which wouldn't be fair to those who worked hard to collect them.