Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is A Serious Issue With The Listet And It Need To Be Addressed Asap.

LambertExe

Ok, to start with, I'm on the brink of giving up Waframe. I used to play a lot, but after recent performance and stability issues I'm really thinking about longer break. Issue is connected to the new, U14 Liset menu and is simple to explain:

Warframe randomly decides to crash my entire PC while being in the main menu, roaming around the Liset.

Yeah, my ENTIRE PC shuts down randomly but ONLY in the Liset. NOWHERE else I experienced similar crashes. I can do one hour survival without a FPS hiccups, stand and admire textures on the walls, go eat, but the game crashed ONLY in the Liset. What does this crash I am talking about looks like? PC resets and happy text 'No video input' shows on my display, simple as that.

What to add? I can play another games for hours (especially these GPU and CPU demanding), make my GPU sweat oceans, try stressing CPU with prolonged rendering, but my computer crashes ONLY in Warframe and ONLY in the Liset. Crashes also started to occur exclusively AFTER 14.5. Up to this point WF used to crash only itself, not my entire rig.

Hope DE will notice and due to confusion I'm not sure what should I write more.

• Like 1

I couldn't crash your PC if I tried -- Windows is designed so that the worst I can do is crash to desktop. A crash that brings down your whole PC means there's either a Windows Driver problem or a actual hardware problem (ie: not Warframe, sorry). Check that you've got the latest drivers (graphics drivers especially), make sure you aren't overclocking, and consider running a memtest pass.

Sounds like a BSOD.

Next time you boot your PC, try this:
Press F8 after the initial screen, where you see the manufacture-name, of whoever made your motherboard, and press this and that for BIOS, and what have you. I can never figure out exactly when to press F8, so I usually just keep pressing it untill it starts beeping, or something happens.

This will bring you to a menu. Here you choose to deactivate restart after system failures.

Then the next time your PC crashes, it should present you with a bluescreen, rather than just restarting.
The bluescreen usually gives you an error code, like STOP 0X0000007B (blablabla), FAIL_LOAD_INIT, or even a file name.

These are just examples, but it should look somewhat similar.

Write this down, and google the heck out of it. Or post it here, maybe someone can help you (I'll probably give it a whack myself).

Thanks for feedback guys. I must admit I haven't updated my GPU drivers for quite a while and it may be the source of the issue. I'll clarify some things - I have BSODs turned on, when my PC crashes it doesn't restart itself, I need to do it manually, yet cooling fans are working. It looks like someone would suddenly purge RAM leaving rest of the components untouched, black screen, no video input, no BSOD messages. Nonetheless, as I said, these crashes occurs exclusively on Warframe, only in the Liset, which seemed very strange to me. 

If you are using a mechanical hard drive try and doing a surface check, there might be some mischief going on where Warframe is located. the same goes for an SSD, though use the manufacturers own software to check chips.

Edited by Ahcruna

I recently have been getting BSOD's playing Warframe and eventually found out it was caused by an issue with some network monitoring drivers I had installed on my PC. It's not Warframe's fault you're getting these.

A full crash like you're explaining, reminds me of about 7 years ago, my desktop pc had a failing GPU that caused caused it to crash completely after playing only about 15 minutes of CS:S and any other "intensive" game. That would be a good place to start looking for issues.

The issue could as well be with your Graphics Drivers, try updating them if you haven't already.

Edited by Cyborger1

Ok, to start with, I'm on the brink of giving up Waframe. I used to play a lot, but after recent performance and stability issues I'm really thinking about longer break. Issue is connected to the new, U14 Liset menu and is simple to explain:

Warframe randomly decides to crash my entire PC while being in the main menu, roaming around the Liset.

Yeah, my ENTIRE PC shuts down randomly but ONLY in the Liset. NOWHERE else I experienced similar crashes. I can do one hour survival without a FPS hiccups, stand and admire textures on the walls, go eat, but the game crashed ONLY in the Liset. What does this crash I am talking about looks like? PC resets and happy text 'No video input' shows on my display, simple as that.

What to add? I can play another games for hours (especially these GPU and CPU demanding), make my GPU sweat oceans, try stressing CPU with prolonged rendering, but my computer crashes ONLY in Warframe and ONLY in the Liset. Crashes also started to occur exclusively AFTER 14.5. Up to this point WF used to crash only itself, not my entire rig.

Hope DE will notice and due to confusion I'm not sure what should I write more.

please provide a event view ID and post everything it describes on the time of crash

so launch the game and try get another crash - go to event viewer *start > search > Event viewer* and look at the time of witch is crashed

if the game crashes your PC during startup and has a related event ID to "Kernal-power" that means your PSU might be ready to go soon and or is all ready on its way out

other than that it could be a driver problem or something fails to responds and causes a unexpected shutdown instantly

Edited by DiBBz

Thanks for feedback guys. I must admit I haven't updated my GPU drivers for quite a while and it may be the source of the issue. I'll clarify some things - I have BSODs turned on, when my PC crashes it doesn't restart itself, I need to do it manually, yet cooling fans are working. It looks like someone would suddenly purge RAM leaving rest of the components untouched, black screen, no video input, no BSOD messages. Nonetheless, as I said, these crashes occurs exclusively on Warframe, only in the Liset, which seemed very strange to me. 

See the advise below:

please provide a event view ID and post everything it describes on the time of crash

so launch the game and try get another crash - go to event viewer *start > search > Event viewer* and look at the time of witch is crashed

if the game crashes your PC during startup and has a related event ID to "Kernal-power" that means your PSU might be ready to go soon and or is all ready on its way out

other than that it could be a driver problem or something fails to responds and causes a unexpected shutdown instantly

If power is suddenly lost, the symptoms are as you describe (blank screen, no video input, no fans).

"Purge RAM", as you describe, is also a symptom of power loss, as RAM is what's known as "volatile memory" (which means it loses all data when electric current is not applied to the module).

I would strongly advise listening to DiBBz's post I quoted. Failing PSUs are rather unpredictable (potentially damaging other components), and should be replaced as soon as possible.

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

I know this type of crash all too well, except mine only does it on random occasions when i'm using my web browser (Google Chrome).

See the advise below:

If power is suddenly lost, the symptoms are as you describe (blank screen, no video input, no fans).

"Purge RAM", as you describe, is also a symptom of power loss, as RAM is what's known as "volatile memory" (which means it loses all data when electric current is not applied to the module).

I would strongly advise listening to DiBBz's post I quoted. Failing PSUs are rather unpredictable (potentially damaging other components), and should be replaced as soon as possible.

the PSU is the first case of diagnostics as its the first looking into because it can be the most damaging to a computer - power surges / irreulgar power loss et. best to check PSU asap before you end up frying most of your componenets on your PC 

after that take major steps into testing and then doing a full reseat of all componenets and check for any damages - reseat CPU + mobo battery + memory etc (do not fully take out the CPU - just unhinge it and with the lift in pressure that is applied to the CPU from the lock down mechanism it should lift it enough for a full reseat)

if your posative its not a hardware problem and i mean 100% sure - look into testing and diagnosing software on your PC and if its bad enough maybe reconsidering backing up files and doing a reformat on your PC.

if you need any help with event ID's you can post them here or do a google search or ask on forums for any help

Edited by DiBBz

Just looked up in Event Viewer and found recent critical occurences. Source: Kernel-Power, ID: 41 . Uh oh...

Thanks for heads up guys.

after that take major steps into testing and then doing a full reseat of all componenets and check for any damages - reseat CPU + mobo battery + memory etc (do not fully take out the CPU - just unhinge it and with the lift in pressure that is applied to the CPU from the lock down mechanism it should lift it enough for a full reseat)

Well, DiBBz, I might have to throw in the possibility that the OP may have an OEM computer, not home-built.

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

Just looked up in Event Viewer and found recent critical occurences. Source: Kernel-Power, ID: 41 . Uh oh...

Yeah, I would test the PSU as soon as possible.

If you have an OEM computer (i.e. Dell, HP, etc.) and it is under warranty, do not dismantle your computer before calling their tech support.

If you built the computer yourself, or are outside OEM warranty, you may want to have it looked at by a professional PC repair technician so they can test multiple components for power interruptions. The PSU is a likely source, but there are other potential causes of that error and your symptoms.

No idea why Warframe specifically brought this to light, but you should be glad it happened like this, and not with a fire...

Well, DiBBz, I might have to throw in the possibility that the OP may have an OEM computer, not home-built.

all OEM computers in the past 4-5 years come with a standard factory reset - its like your obtaining the same computer from when you first got it. but it seems his problem is related to a power issue

Edited by DiBBz

you have sevreal options in this case

1. if its still under warrenty (if its a OEM PC) get into contact with them and have them fix it

2. if its not in warrenty but its still a OEM PC - id recommend buying a new PSU fast.. if you need help with picking one post your PC specs and we can determine on a average level how much your PC is drawing out and what to recommend for you

3. if its a custom build PC you build yourself. 1a. check to see if the PSU is in warrenty - 2a. contact the supplier / manufacturer and order a replacement.

4.if you have no warrenty - a new PSU will need to be ordered / bought to fix this problem

The best way to check system stability is to run Prime95. If there is any flaw in your drivers or hardware, Prime95 will detect it. However since it seems to be a PSU failure, I would get that PSU out of your rig immediately. A PSU failure, if you are lucky, will only fry the PSU. Worst case, it obliterates everything hooked up to PCI-e and supplement power (i.e. everything in your system). As said above, try to see if it is under warranty, but if possible, do it on another computer, no warranty supports a fried system.

Edited by Bunsoon

Also try to monitor your CPU and GPU temperatures. If they are getting pretty high, then it is possible that one of them is Therm Tripping which will internally cut power to prevent damage. So if it is CPU it will immediately kill the system, but if it is the GPU then the CPU and OS should detect it and shutdown with proper error reporting. The trip limit is set by manufacturer but some BIOS will allow you to override it since it is a part fuse setting.

You can also look into your fan speed control, if you are manually overriding it to make it quieter then that could be the issue. Or like many have mentioned it could be a driver issue.

The best way to check system stability is to run Prime95. If there is any flaw in your drivers or hardware, Prime95 will detect it. However since it seems to be a PSU failure, I would get that PSU out of your rig immediately. A PSU failure, if you are lucky, will only fry the PSU. Worst case, it obliterates everything hooked up to PCI-e and supplement power (i.e. everything in your system). As said above, try to see if it is under warranty, but if possible, do it on another computer, no warranty supports a fried system.

If Prime95 passes then try FurMark for your GPU. Prime95 will generally detect most system instability that is core related. Make sure you set it to the balanced torture test to check general stability. OCCT is also another good stress test to try.

Using AMD?

My GPU (5770) started crashing (BSOD, driver dying, ultimately GPU shutting off PC) few weeks ago, tried everything from driver reinstalls, reinstalling the components and even windows. ultimately the thing that fixed it was increasing voltage.