Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Case for [Insert Warframe Here] Umbra

rastaban75

Yes, please. OMG yeah. That nice comfy scarf on my frosty Frost. I main Frost so a Fashion Frame upgrade would be awesome. I never liked his Harka Skin because I don't see my Frost as some wildebeest. And so long as Frost still has his Globe and Avalanche augment, I'm pretty much sold. Hell, ill even pay for it.  

It’s most likely Nyx considering the major influence from Dark Sector and that she’s getting her kit reworked. Nyx Umbra will have at least one ability readjusted to match the Umbra style, that’s about it.

The question is will there be more Umbral mods/sets that are to be expected in the future.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Umbra's was a frame that still retained part of who it was due to the memory ballas left it with. In this regard, more umbras are not out of the question. The matter is just how their stories will be different.

So how will this contradict if there were more Umbras that Ballas betrayed? 

2 minutes ago, Trollsbane said:

It would contradict the idea that Ballas only had the one experiment. The story for the other Umbras would literally be the same thing. Ballas did this, Ballas did that. They would have to update the story like: "Whoops, apparently there were more of them...", Ballas:"I had other experiments but you were the best...", "This particular Umbra escaped from Ballas...", Operator:"Ordis, what do you mean that Ballas had an entire warehouse of these Umbras secretly stored.", etc.

7 minutes ago, Trollsbane said:

that would be like beating a horse to death. 

“you get betrayed, you get betrayed, you all get betrayed.”

it would definitely take away from excel umbra and his background

10 minutes ago, Trollsbane said:

it would definitely take away from excal umbra and his background

Edited by paulbert97
typo

1 minute ago, babywrath said:

It would contradict the idea that Ballas only had the one experiment. The story for the other Umbras would literally be the same thing. Ballas did this, Ballas did that. They would have to update the story like: "Whoops, apparently there were more of them...", Ballas:"I had other experiments but you were the best...", "This particular Umbra escaped from Ballas...", Operator:"Ordis, what do you mean that Ballas had an entire warehouse of these Umbras secretly stored.", etc.

When did it say he had only one experiment? 

Just now, paulbert97 said:

That's one route, there are other ways to give stories to the frames. After all, the Old war was filled with Conflicts and Heroes. Who's to say that there weren't others with memories strong enough to imprint upon the warframe they became. That's what I'm personally curious to see.

4 minutes ago, Trollsbane said:

Tbh , Umbra-fying process is more of a punishment than experiment. Umbra uncovered Ballas's betrayal and plot with Sentients and got punished for it.

Edited by Aeon94

2 minutes ago, paulbert97 said:

Wait, so you are saying the only way for it to make sense is if Ballas has betrayed only a total of one person? What kind of Machiavellian schemer only betray one person? That aside, it doesn't even have to betrayal. It can be any other story that involves the Umbra. 

1 minute ago, Trollsbane said:

They didn't but the idea that Excal Umbra is special would be gone. The only unique thing about them are their individual stories unlike the original warframe stories where their pasts were different. This would have to have Ballas written all over it.  

1 minute ago, Trollsbane said:

Wait, so you are saying the only way for it to make sense is if Ballas has betrayed only a total of one person? What kind of Machiavellian schemer only betray one person? That aside, it doesn't even have to betrayal. It can be any other story that involves the Umbra. 

Basically, anything Umbra would have to have Ballas in it at all times. It gets stale fast. Its not exactly lore breaking though. An option they have is to introduce another villain who does the same things as Ballas did with ExcalU. 

Just throwing it out there. I'm not against these kinds of stories. Just telling you some possible future plots. 

Just now, babywrath said:

They didn't but the idea that Excal Umbra is special would be gone. The only unique thing about them are their individual stories unlike the original warframe stories where their pasts were different. This would have to have Ballas written all over it.  

Basically, anything Umbra would have to have Ballas in it at all times. It gets stale fast. Its not exactly lore breaking though. An option they have is to introduce another villain who does the same things as Ballas did with ExcalU. 

Just throwing it out there. I'm not against these kinds of stories. Just telling you some possible future plots. 

Dont' recall anything saying ballas was the only source. Only that he knew the process.  For there to be a known method, there had to be others before. Some people have found out Umbra is referred to as "Subject 9". What happened to the other eight?