Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe adjustment mods

(PSN)ghostkid13

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

DE has already shot down dedicated augment slots. Their entire point is that it takes up a shot to get a unique effect, to have a worthwhile trade off. Letting them be used with no opportunity cost is pure power creep.

Not if we're talking about form over functionality.

A dedicated augment/cosmetic slot would be fantastic. For some augments it would be problematic because they're clear upgrades over the original ability but a large % of augments are more of a sidegrade. A balance pass on all augments would be a necessary part of this to make sure that the augments do not create power creep situations.

This would also open up the door to more cosmetic mod options that don't directly impact frame performance.

11 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Not if we're talking about form over functionality.

A dedicated augment/cosmetic slot would be fantastic. For some augments it would be problematic because they're clear upgrades over the original ability but a large % of augments are more of a sidegrade. A balance pass on all augments would be a necessary part of this to make sure that the augments do not create power creep situations.

This would also open up the door to more cosmetic mod options that don't directly impact frame performance.

That would be the problem, to make a dedicated slot not be power creep, the majority of a balance pass would be a straight nerf to the impact of most augments, potentially making them not worth a dedicated in the first place.

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

That would be the problem, to make a dedicated slot not be power creep, the majority of a balance pass would be a straight nerf to the impact of most augments, potentially making them not worth a dedicated in the first place.

Its a problem with definite consequences but these would affect all players uniformly. Even without augments there is rarely a situation where I go "If only I had an augment I could complete this content"

There is way too much of a difference between augments to the point some are almost essential where others are worth less than Warm coat. There are so many augments I wouldn't even waste an exilus slot on even if it took no capacity, they either need fix this or give us a way to put these on our frame without taking a mod slot.

Making 2 types on augments would be the way to go. Mod augments and infusion augments (i.e ones that you infuse to an ability instead of taking a mod slot.)

1 augment slot would be nice, some of the augments dont even upgrade existing abilities, they just change them (like for example Nyx chaos and absorb or Atlas walls and golem) . Maybe this ones can get a dirrect upgrade switch.

Edited by miomima

11 hours ago, miomima said:

1 augment slot would be nice, some of the augments dont even upgrade existing abilities, they just change them (like for example Nyx chaos and absorb or Atlas walls and golem) . Maybe this ones can get a dirrect upgrade switch.

most augments yes, just changes or gives slight buff (removes armor) or add a support perk to the kit. the term "power creep" is wildly missed used. yes the mod is new but its not power creep when its for a frame from 2013 like loki augments, Rhinos. augments should really have their owns slots. i would rather have many augments mods for frames then endless reworks that is happening alot lately. when the reworks can given out in augment mods instead. the freedom making our own kit can also draw people to older frames. Augments are made as the frame ages. i don't think rev is getting augment anytime soon (in theses 5 months or even a year) khora to that matter.    

16 hours ago, Atsia said:

DE has already shot down dedicated augment slots. Their entire point is that it takes up a shot to get a unique effect, to have a worthwhile trade off. Letting them be used with no opportunity cost is pure power creep.

the term power creep is meaning "new weapons or frames is more powerful then the old ones. making new content stronger" so how does having dedicated augment slots makes old content? older frames power creep when it puts them on even ground with "new power creep frames" in fact having dedicated augment slots will kill "power creep" in its tracks. should i play this newer frame that is powerful in terms of power creep or play my good old frost with his chilling globe augment.

since ember is counted as "trash" now compare to saryn. her fire quake and fire ball augment (to add fire attack to teams weapons), and fire quake adds a CC effect to ember world on fire. making it more useful then flashly light show in 5 inches in front of her. it can knock down foes she runs up to before she melees. giving people more the reason to also play older frames. ending "power creep". not allowing older frames get little bit more powerful with augments (as they are mainly release as frames age) just Aids power creep and makes power creep show. making endless reworks and more work for D.E then more backlash when they don't get it right. when the rework is done in augments the player can always return to the old power then use the reworked new power. allowing D.E more time to fix the rework with less fan " you ruined *frame name here*" it will be more like "here is my feedback, don't like it but here is ideas. *switches the rework augment out, still able to enjoy the frame it was before the rework, so when they get it right they can switch back to it*  

Edited by Meicoomon_Prime
grammer errors.

I'd love if standard frames could get augment slots feed by your own mastery rank pool and prime frames got boost augments innately with the possibility to switch them off...

Why?

Because most augments are barely if at all useful while the most effective in fact were implemented to "fix" abilities that were underperforming or completely outdated (i.e. should have been reworked) as an unfair slot tax...

Also, giving to prime frames full access to all the versions of theri chassis power, would make them feel actually "prime" and not simply "blinged up" versions of the original frame...

How to implement it?

Exilus item-equivalent for standard frames, with slot mod power equal to mastery rank as stated above, plus the augment mod to temporarily slot in.

For prime frames simply fuse in permanently the augment mods, adding their version of the power to the power wheel as an alternate activation of the respective rank power.

Powerful? maybe, but it gives more meaning to farm syndacate rep for augments, increasing mastery rank and spend money on prime accesses, also standard frames need to have each augment slot "opener" farmed for, bought with plat, with faction points or trough time-gated missions, adding to the things to do ingame.

In the same way DE could use the system to test changes to frames powers by simply collating and confronting statistical usage between the current version of a power and it's rework without "locking it in" immediately as happened with the debacle of Saryns' "rework"

Edited by Ikusias

Eh, it would be nice, but in a livestream with DERebecca and DEPablo, they said why it won't happen:

Almost all augment mods are direct buffs to the individual abilities, they change what they do, thus they cost a regular mod slot. That's the balance. If it changes what the ability does, at base, not just Strength, Range and so on, then it costs a full mod slot. End of, according to them. There are only three that don't change what the ability does, only add movement to the Warframe, and those are able to be slotted into the Exilus slot (Mesa's Waltz, Escape Velocity, Hysterical Assault).

Since it's not the augments, but the abilities themselves, that people consider not worth sacrificing a mod slot for, the answer is not to have a separate 'augment slot', but instead to make the other abilities worth their augments.