Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ok, We really Need and Archwing Syndicate soon

MysticDragonMage

i made a concept about this earlier, but i need some more discussion on this topic that just seems like the obvious answer to archwing.

syndicates are becoming a major experience in the game ever since they were introduced. it has come to a point where it seems like every major update introduces a new syndicate and they are fun to play for a reason. they solve problems like, "what is rewarded to us, how can we use these items to our advantage, what does this all lead to, what will make me and other players keep playing?"

i think archwing needs its own syndicate. badly.

here is the situation with archwing:

it is probably the most fun you will have in the game if your into that stuff. space battles are awesome and while you can argue that the controls are still clunky, the concept itself is still as fresh as it was when announced. however, it has become apparent that the concept of space battles is not enough to keep archwing alive. the way archwing presents itself has just become extremely awkward over time.

for one thing, archwing missions are not as rewarding as regular missions. that is not to say that they should be more rewarding, but it can still offer unique rewards. there is tellurium, which is a required resource for most archwing blueprints, but more of these can be obtained on Uranus due to sharkwing.

another situation is the motivation to keep playing archwing, because there are only either of two; because space battles are awesome and because we want that mastery rank asap and never touch it again.

another issue worth mentioning is the grind for obtaining more archwing content. all archwings are only obtained via dojo which can take days to research and days more to build via foundry. dojo member feel no motivation to contribute to such an unpopular game-mode unless they want ti really-really badly. arch weapons are obtained via syndicates, which requires the player to betray at least one syndicate to get all parts for at least one archwing weapon. unlike augments and syndicate weapons, archwing weapons are just going to be obtained for either of the two reasons mentioned before (because space battles or mastery rank).

yet another problem is Digital Extreme's motivation to create archwing content. people begged for more mission variety and weapons before and we got a lot of new weapons, up to two new missions, and we even got a few events and trials. however, because of reasons already mentioned, this did not boost archwing's popularity. while it would be nice to have more missions and weapons specifically for archwing, it is up to DE now more than ever before, because they cant risk creating more content for archwing if it is just going to flop.

i do not blame DE. respectively, they want to keep the concept of archwing; featuring archwing trials, featuring archwings in events, featuring archwings within quests, etc. in the end, archwing is becoming more and more of a simple transitioning and mount mechanic rather than its own independent game-mode.

TLDR;

• without mentioning controls, space battles are awesome
  • archwing missions are not as uniquely rewarding as regular missions
  • motivation to play boils down to mastery rank and simply liking the concept.
  • obtaining more archwing content is tedious and awkward.
  • Digital Extremes is not as motivated to create archwing content as they were before (for good reason, i do not blame them)
  • archwing has become a transitioning and mount mechanic, which is about all DE can do with it due to the lack of popularity.

final thoughts: I think Archwing needs its own syndicate and is the perfect, yet simple solution to archwing's situation.

this syndicate would be like others; rewarding reputation for completing archwing missions and offering rewards related to archwing for that reputation. these offering would include:

• most (if fair) archwing parts and blueprints, removed from dojo research labs (be sure to give those hard-working dojo's some compensation).
  • most (if necessary) arch-weapon parts moved from each syndicate.
  • archwing augments
  • archwing mods in general
  • archwing related cosmetics
  • archwing sigils for bonus reputation
  • maybe new archwing gear

this, along with offering that the player can use outside of archwing. such as:

• relic packs
  • air support gear
  • resources
  • maybe archwing launchers

like other syndicates, it would also feature daily alerts, offering the archwing mission difficulty variety we rarely get with regular alerts.

with the addition of an archwing syndicate, i believe this would be the conclusion:

• players play archwing for archwing content
  • players continue playing archwing for archwing progression (reputation and rank)
  • players play archwing content on a daily basis for the extra offerings.
  • more mission difficulty variety.
  • a better presentation of the game-mode.

personally, i think it is perfect. most new content so far has been tied to a new syndicate and i really dont see content updates like the PoE being as popular as it is now without a syndicate specifically for that feature. an archwing syndicate would be an excellent addition to the game and would really boost its popularity, thus giving DE more motivation to create more archwing content in the future afterward.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

If K-Drives deserve their own syndicate, why not Archwing too? Archwing already has more and better content than some random skateboard thing could ever have.

Though I disagree with you on the reason it's less played. Archwing always needed to be integrated into the main game better, a problem that continues to this day.

As a person who enjoys archwing I would like to see this happen. But I don't think it will because we seem to be the minority. None of my clanmates and friends likes archwing, they asked me to boost them the Jordas Golem and Limbo quest which I did.

When I first looked at Kuva Fortress missions I thought "cool, finally new archwing stuff" but no, it was a disappointment. To most players it must've been a relief though.

One problem is there is no challenging archwing content. If we had an archwing syndicate we could have harder syndicate missions on higher ranks. I wish.

As much as I hate archwing, having a place I could get mods from would help, doing random missions and hoping they'll drop is not helping players like it more. I'm trying to farm Jordas for Atlas system but even with a grattler it's just beyond frustrating to fight him because I have no elemental mods and about 5 AW mods in total, mostly defensive mods, only reason I have the rest of his parts are because I was carried by a player who was more fortunate in the RNG department

I agree with you on the Syndicate
but I feel the reason why archwing is not liked is its so disconnected from the main, game, it doesn't feel part of the game and nothing in archwing carries over to anything else
out side of archwing missions its used for transport in a few Uranus tiles and in the Plains, if they made it merge with the game better, had ship to space to ship hybrid missions like how archwing was introduced I feel it would revive it
but most importantly is will always die right off if we don't get more mods
cause currently a single weapon type, e.g. shotguns have more mods than all of archwing/arch-mele combined and when mods are what decided how you play, it needs more

Edited by Dabluechimp

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Dabluechimp:

but I feel the reason why archwing is not liked is its so disconnected from the main, game, it doesn't feel part of the game and nothing in archwing carries over to anything else

Well, the plains tried to cover for this, however, they are far to fargile.

Railjack will be the next try to make Archwing work with the rest. I hope it the AW will server more of a purpose there, than getting from the Railjack over to the enemies battleship.

15 минут назад, Walkampf сказал:

Railjack will be the next try to make Archwing work with the rest.

well, it kinda makes sense to jump out of railjack with a aw, however, they could've done it with harpoons or any kind of grappling hooks. good, old boarding with yaaaaarrrrr!

The problem with AW aside from botched controls, combat, constant crashing into the walls while doing melee, the introduction of spammy aw which basically remove any need of ranged and melee weapons is the fact that there is not a single mission in the game which i would call enjoyable when it comes to AW action. It has been especially bad with a JV trial.

As it now literally everything related to AW is simply bad, poorly implemented and abandoned. The only use thing has is to blink through Cetus. And i really doubt that with the introduction of railjack AW would see some valuable piece of content.

Just like players skip most of the mobs on their way to the objective on a regular mission, in the very same manner player would do so with AW during railjack mission.

Edited by Kel_Silonius

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

As much as I hate archwing, having a place I could get mods from would help, doing random missions and hoping they'll drop is not helping players like it more. I'm trying to farm Jordas for Atlas system but even with a grattler it's just beyond frustrating to fight him because I have no elemental mods and about 5 AW mods in total, mostly defensive mods, only reason I have the rest of his parts are because I was carried by a player who was more fortunate in the RNG department

Use the Velocitus, takes about 30 seconds.

4 минуты назад, E3R0Z сказал:

Sounds good

is it? it will only force a spike of grinding for some people. once they are done, this syndicate will be abandoned. also, progression through syndicate will require certain items, like catalysts like with some other syndicates. is it really worth it considering what kind of content comes with AW at the moment and in what state this content is?

Edited by Kel_Silonius

1 minute ago, Kel_Silonius said:

is it? it will only force a spike of grinding for some people. once they are done, this syndicate will be abandoned. also, progression through syndicate will require certain items, like catalysts like with some other syndicates. is it really worth it considering what kind of content comes with AW at the moment and in what state this content is?

If it was well done it could bring certain variety to the syndicates that it doesn't already have

4 hours ago, Dabluechimp said:

out side of archwing missions its used for transport in a few Uranus tiles and in the Plains, if they made it merge with the game better, had ship to space to ship hybrid missions like how archwing was introduced I feel it would revive it
cause currently a single weapon type, e.g. shotguns have more mods than all of archwing/arch-mele combined and when mods are what decided how you play, it needs more

Maybe punch through and crit mods yeah, though I think it has crit mods already. Amesha doesn't have an augment mod yet though, the three other have. I dont know if it needs much more but a little yeah.

4 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

think archwing needs its own syndicate. badly

I disagree. personally I think it would be a waste of time and resources since Archwing is basically unwanted as a game mode. it now serves as nothing more than a convenient way of getting around the Plains, and DE have stated that the presence of Storms within Orb Vallis will reduce player's ability to use Archwing there, not to mention K-Drives will be newer and likely far more popular. DE has even gone as far as investing into K-drives with cosmetics, something that Archwings sorely lack. no cosmetics means no interest from the Fashionframe crowd, and that's a damn big portion of players. Railjack will also scratch the space combat itch by offering missions on a grander scale.

on the other hand, there is a chance that Railjack, should it be successful, could inspire changes that would greatly benefit Archwing. retrofitting Archwing with the Railjack control system (assuming it's better than Archwing's) would go a long way, though there's also the chance that Railjack will directly copy Archwing's controls, and if that happens.. well, I for one will be a little disappointed.

9 hours ago, Dabluechimp said:

as ive already mentioned, my opinions are based off of the fact that players begged for these features way before PoE, sharkwing, Pursuit, Rush, and archwing augmented mods. even after getting these new features, archwing remains as an underrated game-mode; so what difference would more of the same things make now if it did not work back then? 

all archwing can do to blend itself with regular gameplay is exactly what the devs are doing now; by making it a transitioning and mount mechanic, because if even more archwing content were introduced in regular gameplay, then that would create multiple balancing issues.

i think everything is already there, because despite its popularity, players still love archwing for what it is. that is not to say that it doesn't need more than what it already has, but the devs dont want to dedicate so much time in developing the game-mode if so few players are going to participate.

11 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Well, the plains tried to cover for this, however, they are far to fargile.

Railjack will be the next try to make Archwing work with the rest. I hope it the AW will server more of a purpose there, than getting from the Railjack over to the enemies battleship.

as I've noticed its not that they're fragile, the Grineer have an attack that dismounts you from your archwing, implying DE only wanted it as transport
that along side the fact of no archweapons further states that

I really do like Archwing great idea.

I just hate corridor flight, literally an opening behind me, I could fly around it in half the time. But I'm blocked.

So I spent about an hour+ outside the border of Cetus in captura. The backround is incredibly detailed with actually modeled islands. I wouldn't mind vast low/middle detailed planet missions.

Also.. The size of some of those sentients are almost 3x the size of the Void Tower.

Archwing was doomed to fail when they said they weren't interested in what I thought the potential for archwing would be. Basically maps like the plains where people can be in archwing offering some sort of support from above. They don't want people flying around shooting things thus archwing is now dead to me. I enjoyed it at the start but without any real direction and their feelings on the mater exposed when it comes to playing arhwing in the same map as other frames, it's just going to die. At the very least they should be fixing/fine tuning how it controls above everything else. A syndicate at this stage will just breed more resentment towards it if you do nothing to address the problems and then release new content behind it.

Picture if you will a map that is more vertical than horizontal with a hybrid archwing/warframe gameplay in mind. Floating islands or mechanized platforms with you climbing to the top instead of narrow corridors. Imagine not being shot out of your archwing constantly. There's a reason they have you in a super fast vehicle in tight corridors and allow you to get shot from it relatively easily, it's because they don't know what to do with it and until then it will fail because it doesn't fit their scattered vision.

Edited by (PS4)AllOrNothinDays

Archwing is doomed on the premise that it doesnt carry to rest of game, and if anything that could carry over (ex; mods/weapons/skins/etc) is added, it would accused of gating content behind Archwing.

That being said:

"Welcome to Cetus, Tenno."

So yeah, what players feared the most, has yes to stop the masses from consuming the gated content.

So by all means @[DE]Rebecca , pass this one along staff, and have them reconsider it.

I barely play arching, my only concern with it, is the gear loot scattering on a long tileset. I would love to see the Cetus bounty reward system added to Archwing, at least it would give other a way to improve their loadouts without hindering mission progression for entire squad.

Edited by Souldend78