Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leeching in a Fissure but "he's doing his job"

Joe_Barbarian

It sucks, but it is what it is.

As an aside, as someone who plays Frost, throwing up a globe and then wanking in a corner for 17 minutes is not 'Doing your job.' You still have to pull the trigger on occasion, and one of the advantages of Frost bubbling is you don't have to baby sit it - Just swing by the bubble on occasion to refresh/reapply. This is especially true if your team is supposedly so damage efficient that no enemy can get within shooting distance of the Frost in the bubble.

1 minute ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Dude, it sucks.

But you'll only get more angry trying to discuss it on this forum because ever thread like this is just full of people who sympathise with leechers. No idea why.

not leeching. He's doing his job as a support player while a team that has DPS players: MESA, EQUINOX and INAROS does all the killing. Stop painting a picture that he's a leecher when he was doing just fine putting up a bubble and keeping the objective safe. That's kinda what a Frost does, puts up a bubble shield, keeps the defense objective protected, is this too difficult to understand? 

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

True. But it doesn't give people a free ticket to leech off others. People have been warned and in further breaking of the rules even banned, before.

Pretending that people leeching off your efforts doesn't bother you isn't being honest and also doesn't help the case. Playing with friends is a way around the problem but not a fix to this problem.

@Joe_BarbarianShould you gather enough evidence, you can try reporting someone for leeching to the support. Other than that i don't really see how DE can prevent this without also punishing people unfairly.

I always gather enough evidence and send it to support, I'm not saying DE should try and prevent this because prevention would take up a lot of time and resources, the playerbase should just be more pro-active to these things as I'm seeing daily more and more cases of people spending more time circumventing the afk flag than actually doing the mission, which drags things out for all involved. As you can tell in this thread that people are actually supportive of this leeching behaviour.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

I wonder how many of these complaint threads will keep popping up before players realize that its pointless to complain with out offering any valid solutions. They're not helpful in the slightest.

There is no real solution, just the playerbase needs to be more pro-active on reporting players instead of just shrugging it off.

1 minute ago, FashionFrame said:

He was doing his job, how are you not understanding this? This isn't a difficult concept. He wasn't leeching, there were clearly 2 meta players doing most of the kills just fine, the frost was holding up a bubble, he doesn't need to get kills. If he was sitting at the spawn and literally doing nothing, then YES, he's leeching. Stop whining that the community is bad when the fact is most people in this forum clearly understand the frost was doing just fine. You're just overreacting.

But he literally was sitting up there pushing 1 button every 2.5 minutes and focusing more on not getting flagged for AFK. 

Lets break this down yet again 

Equinox, Frost, Mesa, Nidus. 

three of these frames have something in common, what could it be? Oh right the fact that they are all incresibly greedy frames who lap up all the kills by either Nuking the whole map, Melting everything in sight or Pulling all the available targets to you and wrapping them up in a convenient tentacle bow for you to 1 shot with your 1. 

Aaaaaand then there is the Frost, the only frame in the defense mission that is generally played defensively...... I wonder why his score was low.......

tl;dr

yet another "LOOK AT THIS PLAYER WITH 0%" threads where when context is applied it kinda sorta totally falls apart. 

Just now, fadingtheory said:

It sucks, but it is what it is.

As an aside, as someone who plays Frost, throwing up a globe and then wanking in a corner for 17 minutes is not 'Doing your job.' You still have to pull the trigger on occasion, and one of the advantages of Frost bubbling is you don't have to baby sit it - Just swing by the bubble on occasion to refresh/reapply. This is especially true if your team is supposedly so damage efficient that no enemy can get within shooting distance of the Frost in the bubble.

especially when you're going against 2 meta players, a press-4-to-win Mesa, and a maiming equinox, of course the Frost isn't going to be doing any killing, those players are clearly doing all the work.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

You can't help the team you get when public.  However,  7 casts in 18 min isn't doing much, this wasn't level 300 or something where frost sitting on the objective constantly spamming his globe is exactly what you want.  He could easily have killed a few things as well to help his team offensively, doesn't need to be equal stats but casting his globe every 2 or 3 waves and doing nothing else is a bit much. 

There were both a Mesa AND an Equinox on that team as well. If he was a relative inexperienced player, with those two, on that map, chances are he he couldn't actually get any kills unless he placed himself at the spawn points. I mean Mesa standing on top of the objective on that map will kill just about everything as soon as they set foot in the large room. There is no reason at all to have anyone else going out of their way to get kills.

2 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

especially when you're going against 2 meta players, a press-4-to-win Mesa, and a maiming equinox, of course the Frost isn't going to be doing any killing, those players are clearly doing all the work.

In such a circumstance, yes, of course the Frost isn't going to pull his 25%. And no one would expect him to - I've never seen an Equinox of Mesa complain about doing more than their "fair share" of damage because they brought those frames specifically to do more than their fair share.

But zero damage? Come on. No one may expect a Frost to tear the map apart solo, but they're still expected to play.

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

With Equinox and Mesa, who can wipe the whole map in a second, on the team? No he really doesn't. But if DE nerf them... 😉

It's lazy. I've been in this kind of match with Frost a thousand times. Still play.

3 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

But he literally was sitting up there pushing 1 button every 2.5 minutes and focusing more on not getting flagged for AFK.  

I can see it now, a Mesa pressing 4, auto turret killing all enemies in range, while an Equinox sucks in all the damage with maim, finds a group of people and pressed 4 to watch them all die.

I feel really sorry for the Frost, having to sit around, bored out of their bloody mind because meta players are literally taking all the kills with their OP abilities. I think that's the real problem that should be highlighted. Nerf Mesa and Equinox hahaha XD

I can't state this more, Frost's job is to protect the objective, pressing 3 is his primary goal, especially when there's players that are sucking out the fun by insta-killing anything near by. If I was the frost, of course I'd also just sit and press my 3. Least I'm doing my part.

Well for one thing, on a tier 3 fissure Frosts snow globe isn't even necessary, so yeah, he should have been pulling his weight killing things as well.  Doing one thing every few mins is leeching when in reality what hes doing isn't even needed.  I mean unless they have some sort of disability that doesn't allow them to multitask.

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

I'm assuming a kick system? Yeah never going to happen as that will creating even more problems of pre-made groups ganging up and kicking public members out if they aren't happy with them.

Yeah I agree with you, there shouldn't be a kicking system. It will cause literal havoc. This goes for meta players too, some peeps very much dislike it when certain frames are in a group.

Just now, Joe_Barbarian said:

I'm assuming a kick system? Yeah never going to happen as that will creating even more problems of pre-made groups ganging up and kicking public members out if they aren't happy with them.

Nope.

Changes to warframes:

Equinox. Maim only stores damage dealt by the player, damage dealt by teammates doesn't count. Stored damage spreads evenly between enemies in range.

Mesa. Peacemaker's reticle is not screen-sized anymore, instead it's a normal reticle with a soft-lock on targets close to crosshair.

Easy. The mission suddenly isn't so quick and easy anymore, Frost will have to contribute with kills (and will have a chance to do it). And if he still doesn't, at least you're gonna be undisputedly right.

1 minute ago, FashionFrame said:

I can see it now, a Mesa pressing 4, auto turret killing all enemies in range, while an Equinox sucks in all the damage with maim, finds a group of people and pressed 4 to watch them all die.

I feel really sorry for the Frost, having to sit around, bored out of their bloody mind because meta players are literally taking all the kills with their OP abilities. I think that's the real problem that should be highlighted. Nerf Mesa and Equinox hahaha XD

I can't state this more, Frost's job is to protect the objective, pressing 3 is his primary goal, especially when there's players that are sucking out the fun by insta-killing anything near by. If I was the frost, of course I'd also just sit and press my 3. Least I'm doing my part.

If you actually looked at the stats, I only casted 10 times in 18 minutes, my AoE was enough to stun them so I could flame them with my Ignis no need to keep pressing 4. But i'll say this to you as well. So what you're saying is if I want to AFK a defence mission all I have to do is grab a frost, sit on the point and make sure my bubble never goes down and expect everyone else to kill?

Just now, fadingtheory said:

In such a circumstance, yes, of course the Frost isn't going to pull his 25%. And no one would expect him to - I've never seen an Equinox of Mesa complain about doing more than their "fair share" of damage because they brought those frames specifically to do more than their fair share.

But zero damage? Come on. No one may expect a Frost to tear the map apart solo, but they're still expected to play.

If players are doing the job, why should the Frost even try? You've taken on a Mesa pressing 4 and insta-killing entire maps, right? And on top of that, a Equinox using maim to suck in all of Mesa's damage and then pressing 4 to insta-kill the left overs...

I'm more concerned on the fact that these types of warframes that are so overpowered, they literally ruin the fun experience for others because they kill so bloody quick, you don't have time to even get a shot in by yourself. THAT is the problem.

So in sight, I could see the Frost just shrugging, sitting there with 3, and watching these players use their OP skills to insta-kill everything within crazy amounts of range.

Just now, Joe_Barbarian said:

I always gather enough evidence and send it to support, I'm not saying DE should try and prevent this because prevention would take up a lot of time and resources, the playerbase should just be more pro-active to these things as I'm seeing daily more and more cases of people spending more time circumventing the afk flag than actually doing the mission, which drags things out for all involved. As you can tell in this thread that people are actually supportive of this leeching behaviour.

They probably have been leeching before then and wouldn't want to have that behaviour having a bad reputation, i assume? Well it's natural to happen in a grinding game which can be boring and repetitive. Of course it doesn't mean that this should be supported.

5 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Nobody here is pretending that, though. People are saying that a Frost that defends the objective with his snow globe is not leeching.

*scratched head* Well, as someone with Frost Prime being the 3rd most used frame, i can't remember being able to defend the pod seriously by doing the meditate emote. I also can't remember enjoying trying to get no kills at all in an almost 18 minute lasting defense. But that's just me.

7 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Just as a Trinity that keeps the team alive and with energy is not leeching.

Pressing 4 every 20 seconds doesn't prevent you from doing other tasks. I thought we're playing a game for fun and not just "to do our job". I thought we play warframe to get lose of our IRL stress?

8 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Just as a Limbo that keeps a Mobile Defense target alive without killing anyone is not leeching.

That's just carrying a whole mission type with hardcore cheese. That's preventing the whole team from doing anything but sit and wait. Not a good point.

9 minutes ago, rune_me said:

It's a ridiculous notion that 0 kills equals leeching.

If it was a rescue, capture or spy then i could understand this since people usually speedrun through. But in 18 minutes of endless hordes of enemies? Please... Not to say that 0 kills = leech but the stats the OP provided show that this person contributed almost literally nothing. Other than collecting loot. This is the exact meaning of leeching. And those kind of people are the ones who go complain "I get no kills pls nerf *insert frame that got most of the kills*". Because they don't even try to get any kills whenever they see 1 or 2 DPS frames.

I'm going to ask. Have you ever met a leecher before or leeched yourself? Otherwise i can't explain myself how you would defend this.

If you actually looked at the stats, I only casted 10 times in 18 minutes, my AoE was enough to stun them so I could flame them with my Ignis no need to keep pressing 4. But i'll say this to you as well. So what you're saying is if I want to AFK a defence mission all I have to do is grab a frost, sit on the point and make sure my bubble never goes down and expect everyone else to kill?

Yes. Especially if you have a Mesa and an Equinox (or a Saryn) on your team. There is no need for you to kill anything.

I don't hate those frames. But their role is to kill enemies quickly and effectively. That is their job.

A Mesa complaining about a Frost not getting any kill, is like a Trinity accusing a Mesa of AFK'ing because he didn't heal the team.

And look at that mesa. 81 used, and I'm betting most are her OP 4?

Looking at it in a different perspective, when players are taking all the kills in such OP ways, the frost might as well just use their 3 and watch the players insta-kill everything at mass ranges. You really need to rethink how leeching is, and realize that when you have these OP players doing the killing, the Frost isn't in the wrong.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

*scratched head* Well, as someone with Frost Prime being the 3rd most used frame, i can't remember being able to defend the pod seriously by doing the meditate emote. I also can't remember enjoying trying to get no kills at all in an almost 18 minute lasting defense. But that's just me.

That is indeed just you. We are not talking about what you or I find fun, we are talking about leeching. A player is not leeching just because he doesn't play the game in a way you find fun.

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Pressing 4 every 20 seconds doesn't prevent you from doing other tasks. I thought we're playing a game for fun and not just "to do our job". I thought we play warframe to get lose of our IRL stress?

Fun is subjective. Your idea of fun means nothing to me or anyone other than you. What if just doing my job is what I find fun? Then isn't that what I should be doing? Since as you say, I play the game to have fun?

4 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

That's just carrying a whole mission type with hardcore cheese. That's preventing the whole team from doing anything but sit and wait. Not a good point.

A Mesa on that map at relatively low levels carries the whole mission as well. There is no need for any other player to be there, they can just sit down and do nothing.