Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add bots in conclave

Leoffta

9 minutes ago, Leoffta said:

Add bots to conclave, nobody play conclave and this make impossible rank up conclave reputation, we need a way to make conclave daily missions and gain rep...

There are players out there in conclave, in order to have an easier time finding them it would be better to give us a way to see ongoing matches and join them (match/server browser *cough* *cough*) instead of the current system.

A pvp mode with bots (or even better, a simulacrum with pvp stats) would be neat as a way to practice really basic stuff or test how do different weapons work, however, since you wouldn't be facing other players, it should be treated in the same way as private lobbies (no challenges, no standing, no rewards)

• 3 weeks later...

i like this idea and tbh more people would would play conclave.
When bots are added it makes the game session feel bigger and more actual players will join.
With bots people know they can play conclave at any time.
one of the main reasons i dont play conclave is because no one plays anything except for deathmatch and rarely team deathmatch.
No one hardly plays capture and lunaro is fun but ive never been in a 4v4. its always 1v1 or 2v1
a really good idea op

11 hours ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

i like this idea and tbh more people would would play conclave.
When bots are added it makes the game session feel bigger and more actual players will join.
With bots people know they can play conclave at any time.
one of the main reasons i dont play conclave is because no one plays anything except for deathmatch and rarely team deathmatch.
No one hardly plays capture and lunaro is fun but ive never been in a 4v4. its always 1v1 or 2v1
a really good idea op

And who will provide the code for complex AI that understands when to bulllet jump, roll, double jump, wall jump, slide, enter aimed mode, and cancel any of these actions with another one?

Well you can maybe give them armor or just a ton of health plus sprint speed increase to compensate for their lack of movement. Just make it a lot harder to kill. This way i think gaining conclave rep while going against bots would be ok.

I feel this should be just for new players only, not sure about having them in vet lobby.

You'll get what I observed in Strike Vector Ex...all the players switched sides and just went after the bots for the rewards..you'd get the one PVP guy who'd try to fight them..but they'd either kill them 3 vs.1 plus bots running around helping out, avoid them, or just leave and restart elsewhere...though I'm a bot fan since Quake Arena..but it will devolve into a farm for cosmetics for PVE players.

I think De needs to take page out of Destiny with the whole side by side play with player invasions popping in...PVP in warframe needs some out of the box PVP games like Indiana Jones, Fat Boy, Infected, Jets vs Motorcycles, L4D Special Infected PVP, maybe a real Rocket League instead of some obscure 90s desktop game Steve played as a college grad in what we got with Lunaro.

...just relying solely on your standard PVP death matches will never garner any on the fence PVE players from the community...that's been pretty evident for years now...

5 hours ago, (PS4)FarCript said:

Well you can maybe give them armor or just a ton of health plus sprint speed increase to compensate for their lack of movement. 

If you want Index, go play Index.

Edited by Tachmag

Bot for conclave, Game developers perhaps was not success in creating one due to the complex, and since the interesting in this PvP have been lack of people so maybe they still making it but need more time or they quit it. But then it should have been done long time ago. Would be so foolish if they just thought about it now.

DE could make simple bots for Lunaro by creating a one-sided arena where teams either Attack or Defend.

It'd be somewhat simple to make bots Defend. You can't bullet jump with the ball, so you can't just leap over them, and all they really have to do is hit you, steal the ball, and have some form of automated throw to launch it to the back of the field or something.

DE could then just scale the number of bots with the number of players, make the bots those random syndicate dudes from the Relays, and if DE finds that the bots are too easy, they can just increase the number of bots per player.

That said, I'd much rather DE simply make a Lunaro arena in the Dojo (with certain obstacle decorations permitted, like the custom obstacle course), and reward players for matches in their own Dojo. Heaps of people would play Lunaro if it was something they could muck about in with friends, when they have a bit of spare time. Bonus points for making a makeshift Lunaro arena in Cetus, with Ostrons watching the Tenno muck about and have some fun.

On 2018-09-11 at 11:16 PM, Stormdragon said:

A pvp mode with bots (or even better, a simulacrum with pvp stats) would be neat as a way to practice really basic stuff or test how do different weapons work, however, since you wouldn't be facing other players, it should be treated in the same way as private lobbies (no challenges, no standing, no rewards)

They should've done this since day 1. It would've been the obvious choice, bots for practice in other pvp games is not uncommon.

Just take the bots from the Junctions & Index and put them in the conclave maps.  Voilà!  Practice mode. People will have the breathing room to learn to move and how each frame/weapon feels in conclave mode with their revised abilities/stats and what works best for them.

The tryhards will say "git gut" but how can the average person learn something properly when being thrown in with the vets with no stepping stone to learn the basics first on their own time and their own pace?  A 2-tier matchmaker is obviously not working.

When you throw 100 non-swimmers in the deep end of the pool, how many will learn to swim on their own power and how many would drown? Exactly.  Having no way to properly practice  and with a very limited "matchmaking" system in the middle of a very PVE-centric player base, this was all bound to fail.

At this point, that Komi / Go board game would be a much more well-received addition to conclave.

Well since the bot discussion is going on here. From my last bot discussion.

On 2018-10-09 at 11:40 PM, Triplinster said:

I'm not knowledgeable on AI programming or behavior. But I think we can expand and go deep in this idea of having "bots". To get the discussion going, there are some questions I thought of which might need a reason-able answer.

1) Should bots only be added for "warm-up/training" for when there are no players? And should bots give standing/Oro?

2) Is the idea of having "Mobile" bots realize-able? Is it possible to make bots that mimic not only horizontal but also vertical movement like players do in Conclave? If it is, then how complex is it, and if it's complexity can come close to real players. Is there any AI enemy in PvE that has some similarities? (I was thinking hyena with more wall jumping and sped up movement)

3) If answer to question 2 is "No" then should we have tougher (EHP wise) bots with high damage output to reach similar punishment levels compared to normal players? Is it possible for bots with this design to reach similar "punishment" levels as normal players?

4) Is it possible to work on "bots" for PvP and improve them over time to port some of their behavior to PvE? (Just an interesting Idea I thought up which might give some purpose/meaning to this idea of having bots for PvP)

I think these are some good discussion starters. Others are free to add more questions to it.

Rewards don't bother me much. The problem is the game is currently unplayable due to the lack of players. I think bots would help, they may not be able to be 100% balanced but uneven teams isn't balanced at all. You could make bots scale and rubber band if your worried. Make the more powerful with high ranked players and make them more powerful the more they are loosing. There a lots of ways you can make the more powerful as well so I'm sure an interesting one could be found. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, (XB1)VIOLATER X said:

Id highly mess with this. I don't think bots would ruin the small community and their pvp since they still want to compete with each other, and plus itll be fun to actually get some rewards that would otherwise seem not worth it

by playing against bots you'd be removing the pvp aspect of conclave to turn it into just another branch of pve, and the main reason why if something like this got added it should be just a practice mode with no rewards. 

it would be as dumb as being able to level up gear and farm for mods and resources by playing in the simulacrum.