Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's Danse Macabre?

Demotros

in terms of drain per second its super high actually, too much higher and itd be unreasonable to even use for a short time. so no, it isnt too cheap. besides, ember got changed cus she was both "set and forgot" AND  just run through the entire mission afterwards, plus, her cost was never as high as rev's

With the small amount of time I had leveling Revenant solo through normal missions post-change, I find Danse Macabre to be fine where it is. It is great for clearing lots of enemies in the immediate area. High energy drain stops players from running around all mission with it on. The startup delay, ending delay, and vulnerability while active is reasonable compensation for the power it provides.

I use it for at most 5 seconds just to clear out the area. That is 100 energy spent for an ultimate which is normal.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Oussii:

20 energy?

How about 5 energy/s

Zgc0sgp.jpg

With mods 5 is possible. But in this case you have to use streamline fleeting expertise and primed continuity. (or other duration mods) 

Not every player wants to equip all 3 of them... It's 20 because that's the base.

Saying he needs 5/s is like saying nezhas halo absorbs at least 13k dmg because that's how I build it with health conversion and other mods... 

Edited by Nacond

3 hours ago, Nacond said:

With mods 5 is possible. But in this case you have to use streamline fleeting expertise and primed continuity. (or other duration mods) 

Not every player wants to equip all 3 of them... It's 20 because that's the base.

Saying he needs 5/s is like saying nezhas halo absorbs at least 13k dmg because that's how I build it with health conversion and other mods... 

I just posted the capture for u. It's so strong. I take it everywhere with 5e/s

vor 6 Stunden schrieb DeMonkey:

Wukong might win on a technicality.

Sure about that? 

5 for defy

3 for staff

2.5 for each meter traveled. 

As long as he isn't able to walk 5 meter every second Revenant is worse. And as far as I remember (haven't played Wukong for a long time although I really like him - looking forward to the rework) he is extremely slow when using cloud walker. 

11 hours ago, Nacond said:

Yeah its really strong but it's still the most expensive toggle as far as I remember 

Yeah since it uses 20 energy at default. Hysteria and Peacemaker use 15 Energy Per Second but Mesa's Energy Drain is like Revenant's while Valkyr's work over time. Valkyr's energy Drain can go as low as 0.63 at the start so she can run that ability longer than Revenant since it can last for 2 - 3 mins without Arcane Energize. Nekros use 10 energy per drop, and Mirage's Prism is 10/s. So 20 is extremely high really.

The ability has the highest drain we have right now on anything, saying it's too low just because you're running a full efficiency build is stupid in every way, DE shouldn't balance abilities based on their modded performance because then 75% efficiency becomes a must have in all builds unless you wanna spend all your energy for 10 seconds of Hysteria(as an example).

I'm sensing a joke of some kind here, because even being able to drop his actual drain down to about 5 per second means that it's still more expensive than some of the base Drain abilities in game...

Thing is, many of these obervations on the forums here turn out to be actually serious.

I remember one guy that insisted that Turbulence was too strong an ability and needed to be nerfed by making it only appear at points you cast other abilities on, meaning it would be like a ranged-damage-only (read, terribly limited) version of Snow Globe...

So yeah, one of the, at base, highest drains in the game is... not high enough? Can't tell if serious, or so bold-faced joking that we forgot to laugh.

9 hours ago, Nacond said:

Sure about that? 

Very.

Like I said, Wukong might win on a technicality. Defy has the potential to drain an infinite amount of energy per second due to it removing 25% of current energy on "death". 

That 25% can be anything from 5 energy to over 100 energy, and that drain can't be modded, unlike the standard channel drain. Sure, 20/eps is a lot, but that can be dropped to 5/eps without much aggro. Wukong even with max efficiency can still lose over 100 in the blink of an eye. :thinking:

vor 15 Minuten schrieb DeMonkey:

Very.

Like I said, Wukong might win on a technicality. Defy has the potential to drain an infinite amount of energy per second due to it removing 25% of current energy on "death". 

That 25% can be anything from 5 energy to over 100 energy, and that drain can't be modded, unlike the standard channel drain. Sure, 20/eps is a lot, but that can be dropped to 5/eps without much aggro. Wukong even with max efficiency can still lose over 100 in the blink of an eye. :thinking:

For me I had never problems with Wukongs energy and I wouldn't if the drain would be higher 😉

Edited by Nacond

46 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Very.

But with his defy, you can gain energy back from Hunter Adrenaline while you are constantly draining energy and not get killed at the same time. So Wukong is still easier to manage energy than Revenant.

8 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

But with his defy, you can gain energy back from Hunter Adrenaline while you are constantly draining energy and not get killed at the same time. So Wukong is still easier to manage energy than Revenant.

Wasn't saying otherwise, was just discussing who has the highest drain as pedantically as I could :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...