Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

- Umbra's / Exalibur 3 Ability needs an URGENT Buff -

Bombarder0

2 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

I'm a console tenno too though? And not really unless it's just an Xbox thing?

I'm thinking A X B Y so 1 2 3 4 I translate in that order, which is the order of unlock.

So 3 is B which is the sentient debuff.......... Oh wait

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime

1 minute ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I want an overpowered augment for umbra that makes that ability strip shields and armor instead of sentient resistance. 

Yeah, that'd be radiant howl you're thinking off which is already an extremely nice CC and Finisher opener.

Where as his three Radiant javelin's? I believe is a low damage aoe with that is affected by line of sight and is number locked to 12? Javelin's even with a change in power strength and/or range and has absolutely no synergy with his other abilities.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Only his third? What about his one that does like 500 damage when everything else is in the 6 digits?

Rj is at least AoE 🙄

You mean his slash dash I'd presume? 

Because 

A. It's 250 not 500.

B. It's a great bit of extra mobility.

C. It only costs 25 energy.

And last but not least.

Like you said it's his one there usually aren't designed around being very strong there more often than not a quick gimmick ability only frames that really challenge that. That would come to mind quickly.

Oberon with his 1% scaling after hitting his first Target.

And an Augmented hydroid thanks to his ability to strip armor.

Edited by (PS4)purpleskullgamin

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)purpleskullgamin:

You mean his slash dash I'd presume? 

Because 

A. It's 250 not 500.

B. It's a great bit of extra mobility.

C. It only costs 25 energy.

And last but not least.

Like you said it's his one there usually aren't designed around being very strong there more often than not a quick gimmick ability only frames that really challenge that. That would come to mind quickly.

Oberon with his 1% scaling after hitting his first Target.

And an Augmented hydroid thanks to his ability to strip armor.

Allready accounted for the combo counter...we all know he's using so much.

Yep, I agree it needs changes. But I'd say it doesn't need a buff (to become a classic AoE nuke-like), but rather a rework, to something defensive. Like rotating blades around Excalibur, which intercept a part of incoming damage (damage-gates?), and react somehow to his melee moves (if we attack, they strike close enemies, or if we parry, it would absorb all incoming damage for X seconds max (we don't want perma-invincibility) and release a Radial Javelin at the end with the accumulated damage.

Similarly to Shatter Shield from Gara, it would be castable on targets.

This could replace the counter-productive auto-parry of the Exalted Blade (new players are supposed to learn to parry!) and give him some extra survavibility in late-game.

Excalibur 1 would be mobility, 2 team support/enemy debuff, 3 defense, 4 offense. Perfect balance, as Excal is meant to be.

/my 2 cents on the matter. Thanks for giving me the occasion to just dream in words today 😉

Edited by Yaerion

Fashion frame and Captura are end-game -> Radial Javelin is useful for posing in Captura -> Radial Javelin is end-game viable.

Jokes aside, Radial Javelin is weak. That's for sure. It needs something other than damage since Exalted Blade + Radial Blind/Howl already deals tons of damage.

I'm not sure how urgent the need should be, considering how Excal's a pretty solid frame overall, but I completely agree that his 3 is not in good shape. It's a pure, invariant, radial nuke, which is not only weak in its current state, but can't really be allowed to have something as simple as a numbers buff, as it would then risk turning Excal into an even more passive version of Ember/Equinox/Saryn.

Personally, I think having Radial Javelin as an AoE nuke is perfectly fine, but it needs better synergy with the rest of his kit (it currently has none), and I think something needs to be done so that it can be powerful, but that high power isn't spammable, even if the ability is. Here's what I'd suggest to change Radial Javelin:

• Reduce the base damage to 100 / 150 / 200 / 250, but make it scale off of melee mods.
  • Make each of the javelins count as a melee strike, with associated finisher multipliers against unalerted or blinded enemies.
  • Make Radial Javelin consume Excalibur's melee combo counter, providing a stacking, additive increase in its Power Strength for every hit in the counter consumed.

This would effectively generate three new use cases: a) Radial Javelin would become much better for stealth, since you could mass-execute enemies as long as they're not alerted, b) the ability would synergize a lot better with Radial Blind, allowing Excal to blind enemies before dealing significantly boosted radial damage, and c) the ability would flow much better into Excal's playstyle, as he'd be encouraged to kill lots of enemies with melee attacks, before consuming everything to produce a room clear that'd work even at high levels. Additionally, having the damage scale off of melee mods, as with the rest of Excal's kit damage, would allow it to scale more smoothly.