The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic Packs

(PSN)dtdionne

I think the descriptions for both the store bought (with real MFin money) as well as syndicate bought relic packs need a serious honesty check.  Because the “random” claim, imho, is a bold face LIE.

To any grounded, logical, intelligent person this implies that they could randomly receive ANY AVAILABLE RELIC.

This is NOT true...PERIOD.  Only about 20% of all available relics are randomly included in the relic packs.

Let me say that again...80% of available relics ARE NOT AVAILABLE THRU RELIC PACKS.

One more time...of the almost 50 relics currently in circulation, only 10...TEN...TTTEEENNN!!!!!!!!!!! of them are available thru relic packs.

In a game that gets so much right, this, at the very least is an embarrassing oversight.

Peace,

David

Spent 5k plat on a 5h relic sample size...that count?

And if they’d join the rest of the tech savvy population and support regex, two super quick codex search’s would also reveal this silly ridiculousness.

But I am particularly fond of screaming into the night...

Edited by (PS4)dtdionne

You referring to the vaulted relics that aren't available for anyone to get currently except through trade?

Or are you salty because the results of your little 'experiment' absolutely followed statistical likelihoods and you didn't get as many of the less common relics than you wanted?

You've done nothing in this thread except whinge. No data to back up your claim is provided, and you haven't even attempted to structure your posts in a manner that resembles anything other than a mad ranting that was a knee-jerk reaction to an unpleasant emotional state rather than a calm, rational, and well-thought posit.

Also, 5k plat? Is there a particular reason why you would want to spend up to $300US just for this sort of experiment? I find it hard to believe that anyone could be so willfully reckless unless they were trying to start something.

No, currently available relics.  I think I was pretty clear on that.

Why spend 5k plat?  Many reasons, but I guess the primary reasons...because I can.

I like WF, A LOT...and I like financially supporting things I like.  I’m doing my part to keep the game alive...are you?

”Start something”, wow, I also like helping others.  I have been buying relic packs in this quantity just about every quarter for the past 4 years...I’m also flush with beacons.  I like this game, A LOT, and I like helping others.

I don’t like this nonsense with nondisclosed, misleading relic subsets.

Just look in the codex, search Rhino.  Of the 4 or so “CURRENTLY AVAILABLE RELICS” you will notice that “RELIC PACK nor SYNDICATE” are listed under “Drop Sources”

Edited by (PS4)dtdionne

16 minutes ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

Just look in the codex, search Rhino.  Of the 4 or so “CURRENTLY AVAILABLE RELICS” you will notice that “RELIC PACK nor SYNDICATE” are listed under “Drop Sources”

but you know that unvaulting ended at 25th of september right ?

You really could have worded things better so as not to look salty, not to mention include a fix.

I'm guessing that this is about the pack description not clearly stating that it doesn't include vaulted relics. Which could and has lead some poor fools into believing that buying packs can give you vaulted relics. If so you needed to simply state that the description needed a change to something like "3 random relics from the available pool (no vaulted relics) with one guaranteed rare".

2 hours ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

Are you aware that if you own relic(s) that is vaulted it will show itself in the codex and once you run out of it the codex removes it from your entry?

There seems to be considerable confusion about the very premise of my grievance...which leads me to believe that once you truly understand, you could feel as i do.

I am not talking about vaulted relics.

I used Rhino as an example.  Rhino currently has at least 4 available, non-vaulted, relics.  The ones I’m aware of are

Axi S3, Lith B4, Meso N6, Neo R1

These currently NON-VAULTED relics are obtainable IN GAME (till the 25th) as rewards for various missions.  They are, however, NOT obtainable thru store or syndicate bought relic packs.

And these 4 relics are not the only ones...not by a long shot.

Edited by (PS4)dtdionne

31 minutes ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

I used Rhino as an example.

Rhino is currently unvaulted. Any Relics that were released when he was unvaulted only drop in certain locations and will stop dropping once the vault closes and Rhino P. is, once again, not obtainable by having his Relics drop.

You have yet to prove or even begin to prove your assertion that only 10 Relics can drop from the Relic Packs.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

There seems to be considerable confusion about the very premise of my grievance...which leads me to believe that once you truly understand, you could feel as i do.

I am not talking about vaulted relics.

I used Rhino as an example.  Rhino currently has at least 4 available, non-vaulted, relics.  The ones I’m aware of are

Axi S3, Lith B4, Meso N6, Neo R1

These currently NON-VAULTED relics are obtainable IN GAME (till the 25th) as rewards for various missions.  They are, however, NOT obtainable thru store or syndicate bought relic packs.

And these 4 relics are not the only ones...not by a long shot.

Those are all vaulted.  You're right about the 25th...the 25th of September 2018.  If this isn't all a big misunderstanding and any are currently available in various missions, that's a different problem.

I can’t prove the exact number, NO ONE CAN...that’s the problem.  But the fact remains, many NON-VAULTED relics are NOT available from relic packs, and that’s  A BIG ISSUE for me.

This isn’t complicated, AT ALL.  I’m shocked you all are struggling so hard with this...it’s depressing.

What are “all” vaulted???  If your talking about the 4 I named, not in my codex they aren’t.  If you have those relics, I suggest you RE-CHECK your codex...friend.

q4VACgK.png

Edited by (PS4)dtdionne

I suppose the codex could be wrong...but this whole thing came up because someone in our alliance just earned, or claimed to have just earned a rhino relic, yesterday.  As predictable, they got blasted...so i checked my codex, and whadaknow, IT says they ARENT vaulted. Then I tested the store and syndicate packs...and here we are.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

I suppose the codex could be wrong...but this whole thing came up because someone in our alliance just earned, or claimed to have just earned a rhino relic, yesterday.  As predictable, they got blasted...so i checked my codex, and whadaknow, IT says they ARENT vaulted. Then I tested the store and syndicate packs...and here we are.

They didn't update the codex then which is something DE needs to be notified about..

Well regardless of whether or not they failed to update the codex, this relic indicates that it wasn’t ever available thru relic packs.

I also did take a cursory sample of my relics, I ran across a number of relics that didn’t indicate they were vaulted, nor did they indicate they were available from relic packs.  While others explicitly indicate that they are available from relic packs.

And it’s my belief that all non-vaulted relics should be available thru relic packs...even aklex relics.  Unless otherwise indicated, in the description.

Edited by (PS4)dtdionne

7 minutes ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

Well regardless of whether or not they failed to update the codex, this relic indicates that it wasn’t ever available thru relic packs.

I also did take a cursory sample of my relics, I ran across a number of relics that didn’t indicate they were vaulted, nor did they indicate they were available from relic packs.  While others explicitly indicate that they are available from relic packs.

Which indicates a problem with DE updating the codex when it comes to relics which like I said they need to be notified about.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

And it’s my belief that all non-vaulted relics should be available thru relic packs...even aklex relics.  Unless otherwise indicated, in the description.

Relic packs do contain a chance at every non-vaulted relic it's only vaulted and Baro exclusive relics that aren't avalible in packs. As for the description see my first post (it just needs a mention of Baro.)

I'm just trying to wrap my head around around going from somebody in my alliance said they got one vaulted relic in a mission and got laughed at, to buying 5000 plat worth of relic packs with predictable results, to claiming relic packs only drop 10 unvaulted relics and DE are bold face liars. 

Me, I'd probably do some wimpy thing like, oh I don't know, ask about vault status, or complain about the codex, or maybe even express concern about a potential bug or exploit. It might not even occur to my dull mind to spend thousands of plat on something that could be completely unrelated.  But no, you came at this thing hard, and all in.  I admire that.

:shocked: As someone who has spent millions of rep on relic packs, they are pretty random.  With the caveat that only the currently available relics drop, including relics with whatever is at the time unvaulted.   When the vault closes, the relics with the vaulted parts stop dropping.  Baro relics dont, at least for me any, drop at any time from packs either.  

OP, to prove your point you would need evidence.   A video/screenshots (Time and date stamps included) of every roll along with a spreadsheet breaking down the rolls.  Things like that.