The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do we really need the time gating?

TioMegaManX

To be honest, why would you rush anything in the Foundry? Aside from being impatient, there's not that much reason than to just wait it out even for the full period.

Also, rushing cost aren't the only source of revenue that DE relies on, but also Prime Accesses/Unvaulting and the Market ranging from Slots (Warframe, Weapons, Rivens, etc.), Bundles, etc.

Just now, Etharien said:

Are you telling me you can't survive with the crafting wait times?

Survive? aren't you blowing it out of proportion? is annoying and limits my creativity, can't explore new options or loadouts because weapons take too much time to craft, people would say forma and potato sales would plummet but I can tell you people don't buy them because they take time, is just because not everyone has too many bps for that, in fact, with lowered crafting times more people would buy potato and formas.

2 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

To be honest, why would you rush anything in the Foundry? Aside from being impatient, there's not that much reason than to just wait it out even for the full period.

Also, rushing cost aren't the only source of revenue that DE relies on, but also Prime Accesses/Unvaulting and the Market ranging from Slots (Warframe, Weapons, Rivens, etc.), Bundles, etc.

Precisely, removing rushing and reducing crafting costs wouldn't be much of a problem, impatience? we have limited slots, stuff doesn't come with potato installed (obviously), there are other restrictions in place for weapon and frame crafting, why bother with the time gate?

1 minute ago, stormy505 said:

Pay plat for them if it bothers you that much. Only thing I want is a crafting q for resources like formas, cyphers, and energy pizzas

What if at least if not a q certain items were instantly crafted thanks to a reduced crafting time? but of course, is only the thing you want.

2 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

in fact, with lowered crafting times more people would buy potato and formas.

Nope, if the craft time was lowered then people wouldn't buy formas cause the main reason people buy formas is BECAUSE of the wait times.

Honestly the only thing I've 'rushed' in the foundry recently was the 3 day wait for chroma prime to build, I stuck the first parts on for 12 hours before 'bed' then rushed the last 3 day bit when I played again the day after.

As above I wouldn't mind a queuing system for things like forma though, while I'm at a comfortable stock pile of around 60, I still like to have one on build every day. 

Some platinum rush costs is better than no platinum rush costs. 

About the only thing I'd really like to change about the foundry is having the ability to stack up to 12 hours worth of any item. 

EG I could tell the foundry to craft say 100 Ciphers and let it do that while I did other not babysitting the foundry things. Tho in theory you could set it to craft up to 7200 Ciphers. 

The reasoning behind limiting the amount of things you can stack based on time being that it prevents people from stacking things like Forma/Potatoes/Etc the "bigger" things. Cause the other side of the Foundry time gating is that they want people to log in hopefully daily to check their builds and if you could just stack 30 Forma, "whelp see you in a month Warframe" and I'm sure DE doesn't want that being a potential scenario. 

If they want to toss the ability to rush "bulk orders" more power to em. 

I feel a lot of items need to be slightly adjusted in terms of their Rush costs (Forma to 12 hours for example), but I think for now DE needs it to still be there for the nickle and dimes folks will occasionally spend on it.

More or less, it's DE's monetization method in a Free-to-Play game with "All Gear (minus Cosmetics) Obtainable" elements. It's their "Buy Now, Have Now. Wait now, Have Later" style, like with Prime Access and new Frame releases (The reason those take 3 days, by the way).

Edited by Tangent-Valley

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Some platinum rush costs is better than no platinum rush costs. 

About the only thing I'd really like to change about the foundry is having the ability to stack up to 12 hours worth of any item. 

EG I could tell the foundry to craft say 100 Ciphers and let it do that while I did other not babysitting the foundry things. Tho in theory you could set it to craft up to 7200 Ciphers. 

The reasoning behind limiting the amount of things you can stack based on time being that it prevents people from stacking things like Forma/Potatoes/Etc the "bigger" things. Cause the other side of the Foundry time gating is that they want people to log in hopefully daily to check their builds and if you could just stack 30 Forma, "whelp see you in a month Warframe" and I'm sure DE doesn't want that being a potential scenario. 

If they want to toss the ability to rush "bulk orders" more power to em. 

What about at least reducing the costs for things like Fieldron and the like? honestly some weapons need forma so I don't see the reason why they should craft in 24 hours.

I dislike them and don't agree with their existence as they are the vestige of an, imo, old monetization setup, but they are one of the few reliable methods of removing plat from the game too.

I think the times tend to be too long for their purpose though regardless...People who will rush would still, most likely, rush even if the wait was cut in half

4 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

What about at least reducing the costs for things like Fieldron and the like? honestly some weapons need forma so I don't see the reason why they should craft in 24 hours.

Are Fieldrons still 24hrs? While I wouldn't personally rush those since invasions for those are so common and yield 3 per, there is some definite strangeness going on with the faction components.

Cause I'm pretty sure Mutagen Mass are only 12hrs but for some unknowable reason the actual rush timer on those is 20p which is double their actual cost in the in game market. Which makes zero sense. 

3 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

QOL update would any 24h blueprints being anywhere around 20-23 hours so that daily crafting wont constantly inch later and later and later into the day tell you need to miss a day to reset your timing.

12 hours tops would be the minimum I would ask for.

5 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

QOL update would any 24h blueprints being anywhere around 20-23 hours so that daily crafting wont constantly inch later and later and later into the day tell you need to miss a day to reset your timing.

I'd totally forgotten about that, 23hrs would be pretty sweet. So you could actually ratchet back your builds if you ended up missing their collection times one day. Instead of being now forever stuck at the later timeframe. 

Just now, Oreades said:

Are Fieldrons still 24hrs? While I wouldn't personally rush those since invasions for those are so common and yield 3 per, there is some definite strangeness going on with the faction components.

Cause I'm pretty sure Mutagen Mass are only 12hrs but for some unknowable reason the actual rush timer on those is 20p which is double their actual cost in the in game market. Which makes zero sense. 

Nope, all of them still 24 hours, also, yeah, you can do invasions for them, but sometimes you got one or two missing during invasion cooldowns or you just don't to them too much, sometimes an invasion will not end until the next day so maybe adjust so you can craft 2-3 per day on average, as I said, more of those means more people crafting weapons which also means more people recklessly buying potato and forma to fully test the weapon.

16 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Precisely, removing rushing and reducing crafting costs wouldn't be much of a problem, impatience? we have limited slots, stuff doesn't come with potato installed (obviously), there are other restrictions in place for weapon and frame crafting, why bother with the time gate?

What if at least if not a q certain items were instantly crafted thanks to a reduced crafting time? but of course, is only the thing you want.

Because DE has a multi-tier "pay to skip" model.   The more patience you have...the less real world dollars it costs you.  The less patience you have the more real world dollars it costs you.  The math is really that simple.   There are people that have everything in the game (sans tennogen) and have never spent a single $.   There are people that have everything in the game and have spent well into 4 digits.   And there are a bunch of people in the middle.    Everything in this game has a time gate...that is the business model.  This will not change because why in the world would you #*!% with a business model that is WORKING.

Your argument that it should change does not explain, with data, how it will not negatively impact their revenue.  

Edited by Chappie1975

2 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

Because DE has a multi-tier "pay to skip" model.   The more patience you have...the less real world dollars it costs you.  The less patience you have the more real world dollars it costs you.  The math is really that simple.   There are people that have everything in the game (sans tennogen) and have never spent a single $.   There are people that have everything in the game and have spent well into 4 digits.   And there are a bunch of people in the middle.    Everything in this game has a time gate...that is the business model.  This will not change because why in the world would you #*!% with a business model that is WORKING.

Your argument that it should change does not explain, with data, how it will not negatively impact their revenue.  

I said it, there is still a part of the playerbase which invests in the resources and would even go further if they had faster access to crafting.

Just now, VanFanel1980mx said:

I said it, there is still a part of the playerbase which invests in the resources and would even go further if they had faster access to crafting.

That is completely subjective argument that fits your narrative.  I have crafted everything in the game sans a few weapons (since they are vaulted) in well less than a year and the time gate was never an issue.  It never once made go "oh man, my creativity is being hampered here".  

And BTW...why do you feel it is okay to put that "investment" onto other people for your benefit?

1 minute ago, Chappie1975 said:

That is completely subjective argument that fits your narrative.  I have crafted everything in the game sans a few weapons (since they are vaulted) in well less than a year and the time gate was never an issue.  It never once made go "oh man, my creativity is being hampered here".  

And BTW...why do you feel it is okay to put that "investment" onto other people for your benefit?

This could go both ways if you wanna go by "just my experience", but let's be fair, help me find a breakdown on their platinum sales and a report on how much platinum is spent on the things I would like to be faster for crafting and we may be able to find a solution, unless you think is easier to go for personal attacks and shaming instead.

6 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Then provide evidence for your assertion. Prove this and DE would have a compelling argument for the change to happen.

I can tell you, though, that DE undoubtedly has piles of data themselves that prove the existing system works and there's no need to put anything into changing it.