Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn changes make me go Vay Hek

Acerbus

We recently made the surprising discovery that Miasma’s damage multiplier for targets affected by Spores never actually worked. It has been fixed and will now work as we’ve intended it to originally. That said, seeing as it has been absent until now, we have increased the damage multiplier from 2x to 4x to encourage even more synergy between the two abilities. 

Seasoned Saryn players will notice the change immediately, as it can make quite an impact on the spread of Spores via Miasma kills. By increasing the damage multiplier we have reduced the following to compensate for the change:

• Miasma base Damage has been halved.

Normal Miasma does half damage, spored Miasma now works as always intended, a.k.a. "Oopsie, turns out we low-key *ed over Saryn players for half a year, let's nerf 'em to make it up to them." ?

This is unacceptable.

One day I bought a vehicle, but it did not start. the salesman told me that the ignition system had a problem. They repaired it and the car would do what it was supposed to do, turn on.

But to compensate for the change, 2 tires would be removed.

hace 10 minutos, DarkRuler2500 dijo:

There is no nerf dude.
The intended miasma (on spored targets) now deals the exact same amount.
And versus non-spored targets it still is a wide-area viral proc.

Its perfectly fine!

I am sorry, but it IS a nerf. They basicaly kept the damage of Miasma on spores as it should have been. Then they halved the un-spored damage, and finally they nerfed spore's damage by 30%, to "compensate for the buff".

I agree; it's an overall nerf. And it should be stated as one, not as a "Heyyyyyyy we are actually buffing some things".

yeah it's not a buff but it's not exactly a nerf either is it?
If you're playing saryn how you're supposed to be what's changed? Nothing.

Also how often does anyone here actually reach the damage cap for spores be it 100k or 70k and comfortably maintain it

An injured patient reached hospital and needs blood.Doctor gave him blood but in exchange he took one of his Kidney.And says we buffed you.
I knew they are gonna nerf it.I told my friend few days ago.What Next target DE Rubico prime?please nerf it because vectis is like a pistol front of it.

Edited by AkaliX

35 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

There is no nerf dude.
And versus non-spored targets it still is a wide-area viral proc.

Its perfectly fine!

How much money you get from DE to liking their updates?

49 minutes ago, Acerbus said:

We recently made the surprising discovery that Miasma’s damage multiplier for targets affected by Spores never actually worked

49 minutes ago, Acerbus said:

Saryn has released in 2013 and It took you 5 Five 5 years to notice this?Come on just admit it you want to nerf it.Dont't give excuse.we all know you from years.

Edited by AkaliX

hace 44 minutos, Bipp dijo:

yeah it's not a buff but it's not exactly a nerf either is it?

Also how often does anyone here actually reach the damage cap for spores be it 100k or 70k and comfortably maintain it

Yes, it's a nerf:
Un-spored damage is halved.
As for the "cap", it's not a cap, it's an increase per second. You reach the "cap" per second with 10 targets spored, which is pretty much a constant. What that nerf does is reduce the damage output of spore to 70% of what it was.

31 minutes ago, AkaliX said:

An injured patient reached hospital and needs blood.Doctor gave him blood but in exchange he took one of his Kidney.And says we buffed you.

Your example is not even accurate for this situation.

30 minutes ago, AkaliX said:

How much money you get from DE to liking their updates?

Oh, you're one of those people...

24 minutes ago, AkaliX said:

Saryn has released in 2013 and It took you 5 Five 5 years to notice this?Come on just admit it you want to nerf it.Dont't give excuse.we all know you from years.

I couldn't figure where this quote came from lol...This synergy didn't come out when she was released... It only came with her rework a few months ago. That's how long it took to find out.

I don't know, while technically it's a nerf how often do you use Miasma without using Spores first? Overall if we're weighting the usage it's probably better this way. 

Not that saryn needs buffs tbh, her damage output is crazy as is. And the spore cap reduction, I'm not sure how much it will actually impact players since i find it already incredibly hard to break 20k on a good day. 

It's still a nerf tho. 

1 hour ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

1 hour ago, xcenic said:

One day I bought a vehicle, but it did not start. the salesman told me that the ignition system had a problem. They repaired it and the car would do what it was supposed to do, turn on.

But to compensate for the change, 2 tires would be removed.

55 minutes ago, Bipp said:

The multiplier against Spores'd enemies was increased from 2x to 4x, as well as being properly implemented in the first place. Base Miasma damage was halved. So, now Miasma does twice as much damage against Spores'd enemies (0.5 x 4 = 2), not "the exact same".

4 minutes ago, seashrine said:

Yes, it's a nerf:
Un-spored damage is halved.
As for the "cap", it's not a cap, it's an increase per second. You reach the "cap" per second with 10 targets spored, which is pretty much a constant. What that nerf does is reduce the damage output of spore to 70% of what it was.

Yes I am aware of the miasma change. Again, what's changed if you're using the ability as intended? Miasma alone isn't your main ability used so nothing new there.
As for the cap and damage ramp up, I just went back to read the patch notes again and there's now now mention of a damage cap change from when I first read it so I'll agree with you on that.

1 hour ago, seashrine said:

They basicaly kept the damage of Miasma on spores as it should have been. Then they halved the un-spored damage

In other words, she only got nerfed if all you do is Miasma spam. Which was not an effective way to play her to begin with, Miasma is not supposed to be used as your primary damaging ability. The actual reason to use Miasma is viral proc.

1 hour ago, seashrine said:

finally they nerfed spore's damage by 30%, to "compensate for the buff".

The cap is still so high that it's basically impossible to reach it under normal circumstances.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

The multiplier against Spores'd enemies was increased from 2x to 4x, as well as being properly implemented in the first place. Base Miasma damage was halved. So, now Miasma does twice as much damage against Spores'd enemies (0.5 x 4 = 2), not "the exact same".

still does the same /shrug

hace 2 minutos, Pr1A dijo:

In other words, she only got nerfed if all you can do is Miasma spam. Which was not very efficient way to play her to begin with, Miasma is not supposed to be used as the primary damaging ability. The actual reason to use Miasma is viral proc.

The cap is still so high that it's basically impossible to reach it under normal circumstances.

It is not a damage cap.

It is a damage PER SECOND increase cap. Spore damage increases, say, 3 per spored enemy per second. Up to 30 per second at 10 enemies. After the nerf, it increases up to 21 per second at 7 enemies spored. It is a TOTAL damage nerf, not a cap. To reach the old cap, you needed 10 spored enemies; now you need 7.

In a way, it would balance out the Miasma spam on lower levels and on higher levels, the change encourage the synergy with Spores. I wouldn't say "forced" unlike Ash and Oberon.

At the very least, Saryn's playstyle pretty stayed the same. She is still capable of wiping the map in seconds.

8 minutes ago, seashrine said:

It is not a damage cap.

It is a damage PER SECOND increase cap. Spore damage increases, say, 3 per spored enemy per second. Up to 30 per second at 10 enemies. After the nerf, it increases up to 21 per second at 7 enemies spored. It is a TOTAL damage nerf, not a cap. To reach the old cap, you needed 10 spored enemies; now you need 7.

Looks like they changed the patch notes.

Even so, it remains to be seen whether or not this is an actual nerf. Perhaps the spores can sustain themselves longer now that they don't instantly spread and murder everything on the map.

Edited by Guest

hace 1 minuto, Duality52 dijo:

In a way, it would balance out the Miasma spam on lower levels and on higher levels, the change encourage the synergy with Spores. I wouldn't say "forced" unlike Ash and Oberon.

At the very least, Saryn's playstyle pretty stayed the same. She is still capable of wiping the map in seconds.

But it's not OK to compensate for a "bugfix" which packs a nerf, with another nerf that's completely uncalled for. That 30% reduction on spores damage is pretty much a 30% reduction on Saryn's damage across the board. That on top of adding a mod that does pretty much what her Molt does, but without energy cost takes yet another ability from her.

Justo ahora, (PS4)big_eviljak dijo:

Shes still Gawd frame. If they hadn't nerfed it now... Would've nerfed it later. They people wouldve whined even more... Better now.

The issue is not the nerf, the issue is painting 2 nerfs as a buff on the same patch that makes her other ability redundant.

4 minutes ago, seashrine said:

The issue is not the nerf, the issue is painting 2 nerfs as a buff on the same patch that makes her other ability redundant.

Can you please tell me which ability is now redundant?

2 minutes ago, seashrine said:

Her Molt basically removes status effects and gives some breathing room, which is the same thing Rolling Guard does.

Rolling Guard takes a mod slot.