Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Come on DE! Why are Arbitrations...

BL4CKN0ISE

longer than normal modes?! More waves isn't harder. Sorties annoy me for that same reason, but at least those aren't endurance. It's the WEAKEST and most TEDIOUS way to artificially increase difficulty. It doesn't work.

10 waves is NOT harder than 5 waves. It only takes longer. And why do I need so many power cells for excavation? You guys gotta know by now the problem that excavation has always had. There aren't enough enemies who spawn with power cells. There were literally zero for me after the first two digs. I'm only talking about solo play. I'm guessing the power cell thing probably isn't an issue in squads.

I just want endurance without needing to wait so long for 150+ lvl enemies. Why is that so hard to create? I don't need strange modifiers or those weird drones that get stuck in spawn. I really want to like this mode because the rewards are nice, but just like ESO you guys ruin it by not focusing on the thing I think most of us want. I just want EASY access to HARD content. That's all. 

I'd rather they be longer, and give an Ayatan reward as a "Garbage" Reward Tier, than be shorter and give, like, 400 Endo instead. We KNOW how DE has done this before, so to see them give actually good "Garbage" Tier rewards is downright shocking, and I don't want this unexpected boon to go away. (My Endo pool AND my Ship AND my Clan need this.)

5 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

longer than normal modes?! More waves isn't harder. Sorties annoy me for that same reason, but at least those aren't endurance. It's the WEAKEST and most TEDIOUS way to artificially increase difficulty. It doesn't work.

10 waves is NOT harder than 5 waves. It only takes longer. And why do I need so many power cells for excavation? You guys gotta know by now the problem that excavation has always had. There aren't enough enemies who spawn with power cells. There were literally zero for me after the first two digs. I'm only talking about solo play. I'm guessing the power cell thing probably isn't an issue in squads.

I just want endurance without needing to wait so long for 150+ lvl enemies. Why is that so hard to create? I don't need strange modifiers or those weird drones that get stuck in spawn. I really want to like this mode because the rewards are nice, but just like ESO you guys ruin it by not focusing on the thing I think most of us want. I just want EASY access to HARD content. That's all. 

Lol

New game mode incoming. This is a collaboration between Baro, the Grineer queen and Nef Anyo to learn Tenno weaknesses.

Endo based index. All enemies start at lvl 1000, scaling up by 100 lvls per minute.

Risk 1000 endo for 5000 endo or 10k kuva reward after 100 points, can choose to continue at that point, enemies retain levels gained, endo reward doubles.

Risk 10k endo for prisma equipment or riven mods. Enemies start at lvl 2000, other mechanics remain the same, rewards double after each round.

Also, here's the kicker, all enemies have truesight, can damage you in void mode, and have diminishing returns on all warframe abilities like sentients. No damage reduction like sentients though. But you'll have an occasional sentient group that comes to crash the party and be a third faction in the crossfire. 

You'll also occasionally have enemies from this mode pop into your sorties of the appropriate faction to antagonize you, their level not based on the current sortie level but rather based on how far you've gone in this mode. So...say hello to random lvl 3000 enemies in your sorties.

That hard enough for you?

Higher level enemies hit harder, and are more resistant. That's it. No new units, no new attacks, no better AI, nothing. What's the point? You could just equip lower rank mods and the result would be almost the same.

Furthermore, once you know the game well enough and have a good premade group, no matter how high enemy level is, it won't be any harder really because they'll be permanently paralysed, disarmed, have no armor, and your team will deal millions of damage points. I believe that's why they recently tried to add modifiers, special conditions and abilities limitations.

Edited by Robolaser

2 hours ago, Drftingcloud said:

Lol

New game mode incoming. This is a collaboration between Baro, the Grineer queen and Nef Anyo to learn Tenno weaknesses.

Endo based index. All enemies start at lvl 1000, scaling up by 100 lvls per minute.

Risk 1000 endo for 5000 endo or 10k kuva reward after 100 points, can choose to continue at that point, enemies retain levels gained, endo reward doubles.

Risk 10k endo for prisma equipment or riven mods. Enemies start at lvl 2000, other mechanics remain the same, rewards double after each round.

Also, here's the kicker, all enemies have truesight, can damage you in void mode, and have diminishing returns on all warframe abilities like sentients. No damage reduction like sentients though. But you'll have an occasional sentient group that comes to crash the party and be a third faction in the crossfire. 

You'll also occasionally have enemies from this mode pop into your sorties of the appropriate faction to antagonize you, their level not based on the current sortie level but rather based on how far you've gone in this mode. So...say hello to random lvl 3000 enemies in your sorties.

That hard enough for you?

CL Ivara still boring /s 

Enemy levels don't mean squat if enemies are still dumb lemmings. 

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

Why does hard content have to be easily accessible? I like almost everything about Arbitrations and enjoy the changed modes with new rotation sequences (ABCCC....) accompanied with good drop chances for rare drops.

You might've misunderstood what I meant by easily accessible. I mean players should be able to fight high level enemies when they want. I'm sure some players love fighting low level enemies. I don't want to take that away from them. I just don't think DE should cater to one type of player. There's a reason why many of us wanted the enemy level to start at 100 at least.

It just sucks when some players want a new mode that supposed to be more difficult to be easy. That was never the point. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

Why does hard content have to be easily accessible? I like almost everything about Arbitrations and enjoy the changed modes with new rotation sequences (ABCCC....) accompanied with good drop chances for rare drops.

Let us not forget that with that ABCCCCcccccc...... rotation that everyone is so enamored with also came double the time between waves. Which means to get to the end of that first C rotation takes longer than completing the whole AABC sequence by two rotations. So just to get through C you would have essentially run AABCAA. 

Now I'm no math surgeon but it seems to me like six shots would afford a better chance to get an more desirable drop than three chances even if those six chances have slightly lower odds. Keeping in mind that the only thing that really changes drop wise between the rotations is the Ayatan. The Mods are all persistent the only thing that changes with them are the odds. 

The only time it actually pays off is if you're staying at least an hour which But even then you've only gotten to ABCCCC where the old system would have seen you go through AABCAABCAABC. Anything shorter than that hour and you're better off with the old rotation. 

TLDR the new rotation doesn't seem outrightly terrible but also doesn't exactly seem like the "best" deal either. Especially if you aren't prepared to file a change of address to the Arbitrarion, cause you live here now. 

Edited by Oreades

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The only time it actually pays off is if you're staying at least an hour

Exactly why I enjoy it. It is about time that there is something that rewards you for staying longer (either rewards or efficiency). I just completed a 2 hour Survival Arbitration and it was very enjoyable. I just hope they fix the bug that creates a false completion for future missions as per:

Until then, I am still pleased with the implementation of this game mode aside from a cosmetic to show your run completions. It is a shame they scrapped the Stratos Emblem idea proposed early on in its development.

Edited by Voltage

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Exactly why I enjoy it. It is about time that there is something that rewards you for staying longer (either rewards or efficiency). I just completed a 2 hour Survival Arbitration and it was very enjoyable. I just hope they fix the bug that creates a false completion for future missions as per:

Until then, I am still pleased with the implementation of this game mode aside from a cosmetic to show your run completions. It is a shame they scrapped the Stratos Emblem idea proposed early on in its development.

So you enjoy it because you need to stay longer? So it's not just DE. You also missed the point of this new mode. :laugh:

Seriously tho. I like being rewarded for staying longer, but what does that have to do with intervals that are twice as long or lvl 60 enemies? The mode could have normal intervals, higher level enemies, and still be rewarded for staying longer. 

On 2018-10-12 at 5:22 PM, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

CL Ivara still boring /s 

Enemy levels don't mean squat if enemies are still dumb lemmings. 

Did you miss the part where I said enemies have truesight and diminishing returns on warframe abilities? As in you can't stealth because they see you anyways and the second sleep arrow you shoot on that group of 10 enemies will wear off in half the time as the first one.

Not to mention a single enemy spawning during your finisher shenanigans and shooting you with a single bullet with kill Ivara at lvl 1000+.

Lol nice try

On 2018-10-13 at 12:24 AM, Robolaser said:

I believe that's why they recently tried to add modifiers, special conditions and abilities limitations.

They're doing "gimmicks" because they have long ago, and despite many warnings from the community, effectively denied themselves the ability to balance the game.
They've done it multiple times, and they'll do it again: warframe can have no satisfying an challenging content, because the devs don't want it to.

Such is the result of immediately monetizing everything via the market(good luck convincing people that their 4000p Rivens need to be even a smidgen weaker, not to mention a removal or rework), and never stopping to re-evaluate the power creep.