Jump to content

Pistol Rivens in Fortuna


Kilojoule
 Share

Recommended Posts

Greetings!
I've been trying to find answers for this but found mainly contradicting information: is it worth collecting a stock of veiled pistol riven mods in anticipation of Fortuna?
I saw people saying either that the weapon the riven gets connected to is decided upon unveiling, so it's worth, or that kit guns and normal secondaries (like zaws and normal melees) will be on different tables making the ones gained prior to the fortuna patch useless in this regard. 
Can anyone confirm or offer some some insight on which of these is correct?
Thanks in advance for any replies!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly, Zaw rivens and melee rivens are different, but you have no way of knowing which you got until you unveil it. So yes, the wouldn't get any kitgun rivens from pistol rivens you already have. 

Edited by Miser_able
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

If I remember correctly, Zaw rivens and melee rivens are different, but you have no way of knowing which you got until you unveil it. So yes, the wouldn't get any kitgun rivens from pistol rivens you already have. 

zaw rivens are the strikes of the zaw 

kit guns its kind a toss up what it effects since its a gun guns are multi part things my bet is the barrel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you unveil rivens, you have a chance to get any weapon currently in the game.

Stockpiling Veiled rivens will get you kitguns in the future.

Anyone who says otherwise is referring to a bug that was fixed and are spreading misinformaton lol

Source: I stockpiled shotgun and got 2 Phantasma when it came out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

If you unveil rivens, you have a chance to get any weapon currently in the game.

Stockpiling Veiled rivens will get you kitguns in the future.

Anyone who says otherwise is referring to a bug that was fixed and are spreading misinformaton lol

Source: I stockpiled shotgun and got 2 Phantasma when it came out.

Phantasma isnt a Zaw, so of course it would work. 

But last I checked the drop tables had entries for both melee rivens and Zaw rivens, meaning that they are different. A Zaw riven will only give rivens for zaws and a melee riven will give a riven for any weapon that is not a Zaw. 

If the same happens to pistols and kitguns, then stockpiling pistol rivens will not net you a kitgun riven because kitgun rivens do not yet exist in the drop table. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Miser_able said:

Phantasma isnt a Zaw, so of course it would work. 

But last I checked the drop tables had entries for both melee rivens and Zaw rivens, meaning that they are different. A Zaw riven will only give rivens for zaws and a melee riven will give a riven for any weapon that is not a Zaw. 

If the same happens to pistols and kitguns, then stockpiling pistol rivens will not net you a kitgun riven because kitgun rivens do not yet exist in the drop table. 

Sorry buddy that was a bug for a week related to Zaws AND Rivens together.

Which was patched shortly after.

It's not a fact of life 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fishyflakes said:

Sorry buddy that was a bug for a week related to Zaws AND Rivens together.

Which was patched shortly after.

It's not a fact of life 😕

Question, then: What's your personal theory for why the current, up-to-date official DE drop tables list two separate "Melee Riven Mod" rewards from sorties with different drop rates?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Sorry buddy that was a bug for a week related to Zaws AND Rivens together.

Which was patched shortly after.

It's not a fact of life 😕

Yes it is. Aside from the visible difference in the drop tables, every time my clan and I have gotten a melee riven from a sortie, either all of them were for zaws, or none of them were. It has never happened that one of us got a zaw riven and another got a normal melee riven from the same sortie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sablesword said:

Yes it is. Aside from the visible difference in the drop tables, every time my clan and I have gotten a melee riven from a sortie, either all of them were for zaws, or none of them were. It has never happened that one of us got a zaw riven and another got a normal melee riven from the same sortie. 

That's rather strong evidence in favor of the second option, sadly for me. 
Thanks for all the answers everyone!

At least i get to open/sell them now i guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kilojoule said:

That's rather strong evidence in favor of the second option, sadly for me. 
Thanks for all the answers everyone!

At least i get to open/sell them now i guess.

Keep in mind that we might get more pistols that aren't kitguns when Fortuna drops, and in that case you could get one of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's true, though new weapons are always in the making so i could stockpile them for infinity in anticipation of even later models 😄

I was mostly just looking for getting one relatively fast for a kit gun (in case they turn out to be as efficient as zaws are these days). I only got one for zaws so far and built mine to go with the mod, had a lot of fun with it - would be nice to do the same with a kit gun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been trying to find out which is true as well.  I am sitting on 5 pistol rivens atm and hope to have a few more by the time Fortuna hits.  If I get a kit gun riven, I will make sure to edit this post so we can settle this.  Alternatively, if someone can find a DE response on the subject, that would be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've 53 rivens veiled (all self-looted),16 or them are pistol rivens, but i'm pretty sure i'll indeed get 0 kit gun one and it'll be differentiated like melee / zaws rivens are cf. loot table.

It'd be nice to do an update for the names of the rivens at some point so they can be differentiated.

Edited by Harestation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Le 17/10/2018 à 00:51, Kilojoule a dit :

I mostly see people saying it's decided on opening, i haven't tested this myself.

I don't remember where i red that, but some people unveiled riven during a server disconnection, upon reconnection, the riven was veiled again. When they unveiled the riven again they got the same weapon as before. The odds for the wepaon to be decided upon unveiling and giving the same weapon twice are very low.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-10-16 at 3:03 PM, Miser_able said:

Phantasma isnt a Zaw, so of course it would work. 

But last I checked the drop tables had entries for both melee rivens and Zaw rivens, meaning that they are different. A Zaw riven will only give rivens for zaws and a melee riven will give a riven for any weapon that is not a Zaw. 

If the same happens to pistols and kitguns, then stockpiling pistol rivens will not net you a kitgun riven because kitgun rivens do not yet exist in the drop table. 

this argument relies on that rivens are predetermined when you get them which begs the question, why do we even have to unlock them? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

this argument relies on that rivens are predetermined when you get them which begs the question, why do we even have to unlock them? 

Rivens are not predetermined. But the type of riven is. I.E. it's predetermined that it's a riven for a shotgun, but which shotgun is only determined when you unveil it.

So if kitguns and pistols are two different types, the way zaws and melee are two different types, then current rivens can't be kitgun (because that type doesn't exist in the game yet, so obviously it isn't added to the droptables).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Rivens are not predetermined. But the type of riven is. I.E. it's predetermined that it's a riven for a shotgun, but which shotgun is only determined when you unveil it.

So if kitguns and pistols are two different types, the way zaws and melee are two different types, then current rivens can't be kitgun (because that type doesn't exist in the game yet, so obviously it isn't added to the droptables).

Sure seems like a weird system to use. Conveniently no way to really prove it other then to open like hundreds of rivens when kitguns come out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

Sure seems like a weird system to use. Conveniently no way to really prove it other then to open like hundreds of rivens when kitguns come out. 

Or just look at the official drop tables when Fortuna releases. If they add a second pistol-riven drop, like they added a second melee-riven drop when PoE was released, then it's probably the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rivens are predetermined items. From the moment you receive it from sortie/alert/trade the item inside is already determined. That's why opening it, and then save/lag scumming it won't reset it into a new item.

So, since the kitguns bits aren't actually in the riven pool as of now, they won't drop from rivens currently in circulation. And when they do become released any riven obtained before that release will not drop them, again, because they're predetermined

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, wolf96781 said:

Rivens are predetermined items. From the moment you receive it from sortie/alert/trade the item inside is already determined. That's why opening it, and then save/lag scumming it won't reset it into a new item.

So, since the kitguns bits aren't actually in the riven pool as of now, they won't drop from rivens currently in circulation. And when they do become released any riven obtained before that release will not drop them, again, because they're predetermined

Not according to the wiki:

Quote

A Riven mod's weapon is determined upon unveiling, not on drop. Therefore, a Riven mod can be obtained, saved, and unveil a weapon that did not exist when the Riven mod itself was created.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...