The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

bring back nezha's healing pulse!

(PSN)awsomegamerLA1

so here r my thoughts after playing the new reworked nezha:
keep in mind that nezha is my 2nd most used frame so i spent a LOT of time with this frame!

fire walker is a very useless ability, it did became better but still useless.

the charge for chakram and the damage boost is nice but the loss of the healing pulse for a miserable health orb was a very bad idea. my old nezha had a pulse that could heal over 500 health removing that for an health orb that gives 25 health was terrible idea. even if u use an arcane or a mod that can give u a bonus from an orb it's still nowhere near as useful as the healing pulse was since it could restore much more health and not just your own, your companions' health too...
u should have increased the range on the healing pulse and make it give energy this could have been great with the synergy the chakram has with divine spears now (which was a good addition too).

buffing the the damage conversion into health during the invulnerability phase and making the health of the halo visible is great but reducing the the damage protection for 90% damage reduction was a bad choice... maybe it could have worked if nezha could still heal himself but u removed that!!!!

divine spears was done right.

the better options would be if-
1. chakram's healing pulse would heal the warding halo and warding halo would stay at 100% damage reduction (a synergy i'm sure a lot of players wnated)
2. halo would be 90% damage reduction but chakram's pulse remains.

Honestly, I feel like Nezha is in a pretty good spot right now with his recent rework. I personally think that he doesn’t need anymore changes to him at the moment. If he were to receive any changes though, he should receive them after the frames that are in a dire need of reworks/tweaks, such as Chroma, Titania, Wukong, Nyx etc.

6 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Honestly, I feel like Nezha is in a pretty good spot right now with his recent rework. I personally think that he doesn’t need anymore changes to him at the moment. If he were to receive any changes though, he should receive them after the frames that are in a dire need of reworks/tweaks, such as Chroma, Titania, Wukong, Nyx etc.

i don't see why wait with that and not fix it now rather later... 
it's not such a huge change anyway

5 minutes ago, (PS4)awsomegamerLA1 said:

magus elevate heals yourself but not companions

Health Orb does heals your companions and sentinels pet.
it also can also trigger [Arcane Pulse]  and [Health Conversion] which will give armor buff to nezha

Spoiler

Health

HealOrb

8 minutes ago, HEA-Devazone said:

Health Orb does heals your companions and sentinels pet.
it also can also trigger [Arcane Pulse]  and [Health Conversion] which will give armor buff to nezha

Reveal hidden contents

Health

HealOrb

i know that but not the point... health orbs gives 25 health, the old healing pulse could give 250 health which was affected by power strength, my old nezha's healing pulse could heal over 500 health! orb doesn't even compare to that.
also arcane pulse has 20% to give and extra 100 health even it gets triggered it's sill not as good not to mention u r wasting an arcane slot...

Edited by (PS4)awsomegamerLA1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)awsomegamerLA1 said:

i know that but not the point... health orbs gives 25 health, the old healing pulse could give 250 health which was affected by power strength, my old nezha's healing pulse could heal over 500 health! orb doesn't even compare to that.
also arcane pulse has 20% to give and extra 100 health even it gets triggered it's sill not as good not to mention u r wasting an arcane slot...

Why do you compare 1 health orb to the old heal ?

You can spawn TONS of healing orbs. 500 heal is nothing , compared to healing and armor buff you get from new chakram and Health Conversion. Also it can synergize well with other people's Health Conversions.

3 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Why do you compare 1 health orb to the old heal ?

You can spawn TONS of healing orbs. 500 heal is nothing , compared to healing and armor buff you get from new chakram and Health Conversion. Also it can synergize well with other people's Health Conversions.

why compare 1 healing pulse with tons of orbs? why not compare tons of orbs to tons of pulses? yeah the new synergy that the chakram has with divine spears is nice, imagine u could make a whole croup of enemies each spawn an healing pulse! that would be a much greater support... 

Nezha is my most used frame timewise... I prefer having the health orbs over the pulse. The pulse was almost useless for using it on anyone besides yourself, and now we have great synergies with the health orbs, rage, health conversion, arcane pulse, etc. 

I never want it to change back, because I believe it was the inferior version.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Nezha is my most used frame timewise... I prefer having the health orbs over the pulse. The pulse was almost useless for using it on anyone besides yourself, and now we have great synergies with the health orbs, rage, health conversion, arcane pulse, etc. 

I never want it to change back, because I believe it was the inferior version.

i don't think u understood my point. sure there were problems with the old pulse but what DE needed to do was fix it not remove it! increasing the pulse's range would resolve this and what i suggested is to add to the pulse energy restore as well. that would ultimately be much more powerful than any of those "synergies" and the player wouldn't need to waste mod and arcane slots.  

26 minutes ago, (PS4)awsomegamerLA1 said:

why compare 1 healing pulse with tons of orbs? why not compare tons of orbs to tons of pulses? yeah the new synergy that the chakram has with divine spears is nice, imagine u could make a whole croup of enemies each spawn an healing pulse! that would be a much greater support... 

Tons of pulses ? That's wasted healing. Most of the time your allies won't get the healing due being far from marked enemies. Health Orbs are more reliable healing than wasted pulses.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)awsomegamerLA1 said:

i don't think u understood my point. sure there were problems with the old pulse but what DE needed to do was fix it not remove it! increasing the pulse's range would resolve this and what i suggested is to add to the pulse energy restore as well. that would ultimately be much more powerful than any of those "synergies" and the player wouldn't need to waste mod and arcane slots.  

You want more power than he currently has by giving him a high range healing and energy with many pulses ? Are you trying to step into Trinity's territory ?

Also those " synergies " are bonus and not mandatory on Nezha.

Edited by Aeon94

10 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Tons of pulses ? That's wasted healing. Most of the time your allies won't get the healing due being far from marked enemies. Health Orbs are more reliable healing than wasted pulses.

You want more power than he currently has by giving him a high range healing and energy with many pulses ? Are you trying to step into Trinity's territory ?

Also those " synergies " are bonus and not mandatory on Nezha.

i'd rather have wasted healing than mediocre healing.
i really don't care about trinity but nezha would have good support if that were to happen...

Edited by (PS4)awsomegamerLA1

I really like the utility of Nezha's reworked 2 ability, because it has 100% chance to drop health orbs!

This makes mods like Health Conversion viable on him for a Halo build, since his Halo's shielding is influenced by how much Armor Nezha has.

Please do not revert these changes, as it puts Nezha in a very nice spot in terms of being able to support his team with the cc from his 4, and the additional energy orbs and health orbs that are dropped by his 2. Not to mention, his 3 is very good for supporting teammates with the Safeguard Augment, as it makes people status immune!

21 hours ago, (PS4)awsomegamerLA1 said:

the loss of the healing pulse for a miserable health orb was a very bad idea

Uhh... no? The healing pulse was instananeous with a garbage range, to the point where Nezha couldn't benefit from it unless he was in punching distance, and many non-Nezha players never even knew the feature existed.

21 hours ago, (PS4)awsomegamerLA1 said:

my old nezha had a pulse that could heal over 500 health removing that for an health orb that gives 25 health was terrible idea. 

Considering old Nezha barely had over 500 health with Vitality and only lost health when Halo wasn't up, the amount of healing your build had must have been niche at best. Unless you somehow managed to convince your squadmates to stand within a few meters of particular enemies or were just a wiz with tagging enemies with the thing before it whizzed off a surface and into space.

Honestly I feel like you're just looking at the one change in numbers and making a big deal out of the new number being smaller. Nezha is holistically all-around better, hands-down, no question. There are some builds and strats we can't really use anymore and I understand the salt behind that, but Nezha is in a much better place and this rework is a glorious stack of good ideas.

Edited by SenorClipClop

I like health orbs for the armor from health conversion, but I also think health orbs could be improved in general. 

I think they should re-do health orbs since they're very outdated and were created back when frames with much larger amounts of health didn't exist. Having it restore 25% of base health (before mods) would make it more universally strong as a heal. Or 10% of max health. Basically making it a percentage instead of 25 health, whatever they decide that % should be, as long as it isn't worse. 

I also think safeguard should be baseline and increased to 100% effectiveness. It costs Nezha a mod slot to give him a worse version of Gara's 2. Gara's 2 has no health limit and can potentially be kept up indefinitely if people are in range of her 4 when she casts it. Nezha had the single target defense buff first, but he doesn't do it nearly as well and requires an augment to do it at all. 

Having firewalker provide the movement speed buff to allies when allies walk through the fire in addition to the status removal would have been a nice choice as well.

On 2018-10-17 at 4:09 PM, (PS4)awsomegamerLA1 said:

so here r my thoughts after playing the new reworked nezha:
keep in mind that nezha is my 2nd most used frame so i spent a LOT of time with this frame!

fire walker is a very useless ability, it did became better but still useless.

the charge for chakram and the damage boost is nice but the loss of the healing pulse for a miserable health orb was a very bad idea. my old nezha had a pulse that could heal over 500 health removing that for an health orb that gives 25 health was terrible idea. even if u use an arcane or a mod that can give u a bonus from an orb it's still nowhere near as useful as the healing pulse was since it could restore much more health and not just your own, your companions' health too...
u should have increased the range on the healing pulse and make it give energy this could have been great with the synergy the chakram has with divine spears now (which was a good addition too).

buffing the the damage conversion into health during the invulnerability phase and making the health of the halo visible is great but reducing the the damage protection for 90% damage reduction was a bad choice... maybe it could have worked if nezha could still heal himself but u removed that!!!!

divine spears was done right.

the better options would be if-
1. chakram's healing pulse would heal the warding halo and warding halo would stay at 100% damage reduction (a synergy i'm sure a lot of players wnated)
2. halo would be 90% damage reduction but chakram's pulse remains.

Um no. Health orbs 8000% better.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

Even with a buffed version of the healing pulse, a single pulse on death would not help allies as much as the Health Orbs do now.

What you're missing from this equation is that Nezha's Chakram is now a 'use first, ask questions never' ability. It's a damage buffer, creates health and energy for all players that they can pick up when they need it, not when you decide, and has new synergy with his 4.

Since the changes, I've spent more time with Chakram out there, bouncing around the landscape, than I have with it on my back. Use it, a lot, and you will always, always net positive returns.

How often, and I mean genuinely how often, did you ever cast Chakram before this change? Only when you needed health? Or were you actually ever using it for the damage when you could shoot things faster, or use Pyroclastic Flow, or Divine Spears instead?

Chakram before was barely worth the energy you spent on it, and only if you were actually in need of health.

Now it's so good you should be tagging every single enemy with it before you shoot them, there's literally no reason not to, it even returns energy for you.

Edited by Thaylien

Le 17/10/2018 à 23:48, (PS4)awsomegamerLA1 a dit :

No it wouldn't. It would overheal everyone and waste 99% of the healing. 

Orbs can be stacked, which is great. It's also convenient for a number of mods/arcanes that are good to incredibly good (like health conversion, equilibrium etc). Too much burst healing is useless, it's better to get a more consistent and constant stream of health back. Think about Renewal (great ability) vs Well of Life (terrible ability even without considering Blessing). 

They also added the damage boost to compensate for the loss of burst healing. 

37 minutes ago, (PS4)awsomegamerLA1 said:

none of u even give a logical argument... an health can never be as useful as the healing pulse and how would 90% damage reduction is better than 100% damage protection?
if u personally like it it's fine. everyone has their opinions but don't say it as if it's a fact cause it's not.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)awsomegamerLA1 said:

this thread is about how nezha could be better

I think a healing pulse with a wider radius would have an advantage in being able to heal things that can't pick up health orbs (like a defense target), but people primarily like health orbs because they pair it with the health conversion mod. Since Nezha can drop so many orbs, it's easy to constantly maintain 3 stacks for a lot of armor (which is a type of defense that pairs with the 90% DR of halo). If you can only have one thing, people prefer the armor from the orbs I guess, though it's probably more of a selfish choice since not everyone in a group will have orb related mods. There's also the fact that it now helps provide a group with more energy, which was something he didn't have before at all. 

90% damage reduction isn't necessarily "better" when it comes to not dying, but 90% damage reduction allows you to take advantage of rage style mods since you still take some damage. He also has equilibrium as an option for energy, but that also requires you not be at full health in order to be able to use the orbs for energy. People who have arcane energize probably wouldn't care about either of those things, but a lot of people don't. Being 90% instead of an ironskin clone gives him more build options and choices. When they changed it to 90% they added the immunity at the end thing so that you can re-cast before you take damage again. They probably wouldn't have done that if they had left it as an Ironskin style effect.

As I said above, I think the safeguard augment should be baseline and just be 100% effectiveness instead of 50%. Nezha's ability to defend others with halo is inferior to Gara's 2, which doesn't require an augment and has no health limit. Nezha definitely isn't perfect and has room for improvement, I think the best areas for improvement are more in changing halo to have safeguard baseline and possibly buffing fire walker so it provides more group utility when people run through it rather than going back to healing pulses. I also wish Chakram had smarter targeting when it was bouncing. Getting orbs from chakram was actually a nice change and added more utility to his kit than he had before. 

I also think being able to cast Halo in a wide area on a long-press would also be neat since he has to re-cast it on others people a lot more than Gara (and gara has the refresh when allies touch her 4). If you use Gara in a defense arbitration vs. using Nezha you see how Nezha has to constantly re-cast halo and you can't always target the guy in time before the immunity goes away, so he ends up taking damage where with Gara the defense target may not even run out of shields and ever take damage to his health to begin with.