Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

Passive skill:Whenever GARUDA causes cutting damage or bleed damage to the enemy,She absorbs the same amount of HP.
1 :When the enemy is killed by GARUDA with this skill,,GARUDA gains Skill intensity(or SKill range).
2 :The enemy hit by this skill will continue to lose HP,These HP will turn into a layer of skin(like Rhino).When the enemy dies because of this skill,This skin will explode,causes Cutting trigger to the nearby enemy.
3 :No problem.(maybe gain skill range?)
4 :GARUDA opened her blades,Attack the enemy and cut them(Fan-shaped range,cutting damage,Cutting trigger),Their blood will be used to strengthen GARUDA(Get armor value according to injury).

I have to apologize for what I have to say next.Because...
GARUDA's skill design is disappointing.
Unsuitable visual effects(GARUDA's 1 skill)
Design without originality(GARUDA's 4 skill)
I'm sorry to say that, but I really hope the designers can rethink GARUDA.

I am a Chinese, my English is not very good.
The above is from translation.
Thank you for reading this text patiently.
 I love this game and I hope it will get better and better.

I was really looking forward to this warframe since Tennocon but what I saw at the devstream was disapointing.

The model is very nice but the mechanics and abilities are underwhelming.

I feel like the 3 is there to make the passive decent, and the 1 and 2 are there to back up the 3.

[Quick thinking]+[Primed flow] seems mandatory as she is very vulnerable to toxin and slash procs plus has no way to generate overshield. To counteract the staggers that, the 1' shield becomes the option you MUST use.

Her 2 and her 3 are dedicated to resources management which is too much for her imo and maybe is why her 1 has so many effects.

I feel like none of her ability can be good on its own and just has forced synergies (I can see myself just pressing 1334 and sometimes 2).

I think Garuda could be further linked to the legendary bird of the same name without losing on the elegance and gore theme and even become a more interesting frame.

The divine bird is mainly associated with courage, power and SPEED. I suggest reading Wikipedia for more details.

The courage can be in the mechanics as the kit already wants to promote a risk-reward playstyle, the power is by default in this game but the speed and overall mobility is really lacking with the current kit.

My bold suggestions for [DE] (these are all independent of one another and you can of course adapt them how you see fit):

-No energy: We already have 2 warframes without shield and I wondered when one without energy would show up. Now is the perfect time with this blood-mage style warframe, the ability casts can cost HP a bit like nekros' despoil augment and channeled/toggled abilities could significantly reduce max HP (30-50%) and/or reduce armor to 0 for their duration. The risk part being taken care of, the passive could be something like cannot die from status’ and/or energy orbs restore shield which can stack to overshield (and allow equilibrium shenanigans).

-Slide party buff: covers nearby allies in blood making them more slippery, they slide further and leave a trail of blood as they do. Garuda is the mount of the Vishnu and is sometime represented carrying the god and two consorts by his side: Lakshmi and Bhumi (hey that’s a full party) a team mobility buff would be interesting and on theme!

-Opposite of Volt’s shield: the current shield favors a gameplay that is very defensive and that keeps a reasonable distance from the enemy. By having a protective shield around you with an opening in the front, the option to attack what you see becomes mandatory to make sure the enemies doesn’t deal you very lethal damage.
->Alternatively in an original ultimate: spears/claws orbits around the warframe protecting it and as they pass in front of it, they stop their protecting to be lunched when the player is currently aiming and after punching through enemies for 40ish meters comes back orbiting and protecting. Protecting from sides and back and attacking front. She could meanwhile parkour but not attack.

-Simplify her 1: a part for elegance is simplicity, having 3 distinct effects in her 1 makes it unattractive imo. I would suggest keeping the jumping and assassinating but I would speed up the casting and either make following casts costs less or not requiring a target to cast and put the other in an augment. I would also straiten her back in the animation for more elegance.

-Mobile healing: to make her 2 more mobile which was requested a lot in the 17 previous pages, Garuda could decapitate enemies and keep the heads on her arm claws. A bit like the art revealed at Tennocon with the corpus body.

-1.30 sprint speed: because power creep!

I hope this could at least inspire some ideas.

3 hours ago, Basutian00 said:

No energy: We already have 2 warframes without shield and I wondered when one without energy would show up. Now is the perfect time with this blood-mage style warframe, the ability casts can cost HP a bit like nekros' despoil augment and channeled/toggled abilities could significantly reduce max HP (30-50%) and/or reduce armor to 0 for their duration. The risk part being taken care of, the passive could be something like cannot die from status’ and/or energy orbs restore shield which can stack to overshield (and allow equilibrium shenanigans).

This already destroys the whole point of your suggestions. No frame will ever not require energy. It's a required mechanic and cannot simply be done away with. And O god "reduce max HP (30-50%) and/or reduce armor to 0 for their duration. " Yes ths will net you 0 kills and a death every time XD.

Edited by ShadowExodus

For her ultimate how about garuda pick up an enemy (grineer for example), kissing it hard while her knives stab him all over his body, draining his health and all defensive tributes (armour, shield,damage reduction). It could be called "relaxing Acupuncture". The kissing is about the buety in the gore, and the defeses drain is for her survievlity while on low health for her passive. Or maybe her knives will block any incoming bullets while she channels her 4.

Edited by ReaperOfTheSouls

So, you completely forgot about the damage orb that comes with her one. You know, the one that scales off of damage to the shield and you can charge it even more at the cost of energy.

Also, give her 4th a break already. Yes it looks a lot like Danse, but you also forget that Danse is still Revs best ability AND Garuda is being made by Pablo so there is a very good chance that there is more to it and you should wait for her to ACTUALLY RELEASE before saying her 4th is bad and should be replaced.

I have some ideas for Garuda's abilities, I think they fit the theme of gore better than the abilities she had, if that is what they are going for.

What I thought was wrong with the ability showcased

Passive - If Garuda is gore themed it wouldn't make sense for her to do more damage the lower her health got, that attribute would be better attributed to rage. She should do more damage for gibbing and sluaghtering.

Ability 1. Ok but I think the shield should be something separate.

Ability 2. Seemed fine though I'm not sure about the healing rate and duration.

Ability 3. Felt like it was only there to utilize her passive.

Ability 4. I didn't think there there was much wrong but I haven't used Revenant yet so Idk how similar they are. Also I think it should have utilized the the claws because it seemed strange that she had giant claws but they were only used for one ability.

What I think her abilities should be

Passive - Garuda collects the blood of those she kills with her abilities and stores it in a reservoir that leaks over time. She deals increased damage according to how full the container is.

1. Same as showed in the dev stream but faster kill time and a ludicrous amount of gibs and blood. The enemy killed fills fills the reservoir. 

2. Same ability as showed in the dev stream.

3. Creates a protective shield of blood around her that decreases the amount of damage she takes and negates status effects, powered by the reservoir. 

4. A vortex in front of Garuda pulls in all nearby enemies as she slashes them into chunks with her claws, each kills fills the reservoir. 

Edited by tucker_117

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So, you completely forgot about the damage orb that comes with her one. You know, the one that scales off of damage to the shield and you can charge it even more at the cost of energy.

Also, give her 4th a break already. Yes it looks a lot like Danse, but you also forget that Danse is still Revs best ability AND Garuda is being made by Pablo so there is a very good chance that there is more to it and you should wait for her to ACTUALLY RELEASE before saying her 4th is bad and should be replaced.

I didn't forget about the orb, I said it could be turned into the 4th ability and combined with the blades. Its not that i don't think that Garuda will be good, I still plan on playing her and probably will enjoy her; but I have also played Rev and find danse macabre to be the most boring thing about his kit. Im sure you can understand my and other's frustration when a hyped frame like Garuda imitates an ability most people dislike.

I don't care about numbers Danse Macabre might do good damage but the rest of revs kit is much more fun to play with. I don't like being locked into an animation.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

How exactly does her one work?

6 minutes ago, tucker_117 said:

How exactly does her one work?

So you charge At an enemy and rip them in half. You then create a shield in front of you that lasts for X amount of time with a blood orb hovering above it. Damage dealt to the shield with be transferred to the orb which is a number counter on it for stored damage. You can then recast her 1 which will then have Garuda throw the orb which explodes, dealing the absorbed damage and healing Garuda. She can also hold her 1 while the shields up to charge energy into the orb to increase its damage that way.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So you charge At an enemy and rip them in half. You then create a shield in front of you that lasts for X amount of time with a blood orb hovering above it. Damage dealt to the shield with be transferred to the orb which is a number counter on it for stored damage. You can then recast her 1 which will then have Garuda throw the orb which explodes, dealing the absorbed damage and healing Garuda. She can also hold her 1 while the shields up to charge energy into the orb to increase its damage that way.

So the amount of damage the shield can take is infinity channeled into the orb?

Edited by tucker_117

2 hours ago, tucker_117 said:

So the amount of damage the shield can take is infinity channeled into the orb?

2 hours ago, Rayiene said:

as far as we can tell

I thought the strength of the shield was based on the health of the enemy killed, I guess I was wrong.