Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shades unreliability is now a feature with the new simaris precept mod.

Hypernaut1

11 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

Isnt it a bit pointless anyway? At levels where that extra damage would be useful, shade tends to be long dead...

Sounds useless to me as well.

If one wants a huge damage boost, the crit bonus of kavats are the way to go - maybe not as reliable, but at least the kavat can take a beating and you can res them.

2 hours ago, Kedolan said:

Didn't they just recently give deathcube that precept that generates energy orbs every... 8? or so kill assists?

Yes, you're right. I need to try it, though I don't see that being much help

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, -skimmer- said:

Isnt it a bit pointless anyway? At levels where that extra damage would be useful, shade tends to be long dead...

Well, I'm not saying it's going to turn any build into a 60 minute endless machine, but a damage boost is a damage boost. 

dethcube's latest mod addition is basically useless and should be tossed in the pile of garbage this game already accumulated over time. deth rifle needs a buff, its laser precept is one that is more often left out of a build.

I build my deth rifle to strip armor, and it works somewhat ok-ish. the best thing DE can do for dethcube is to give it a bit more oomph in the status and damage dept and give it character to make it live up to its name.

shade is a wth are they thinking kind of tool/sentinel that I simply wont use. it has its niche but like most other sentinels which should be your alerted battle bot they are too unreliable.

overall and conclusively speaking why are pets getting more attention than sentinels which have been a part of the game since the beginning? and useless mods that's been added lately for sentinels  shows what position DE puts them in or thinks of them.

17 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

overall and conclusively speaking why are pets getting more attention than sentinels which have been a part of the game since the beginning? and useless mods that's been added lately for sentinels  shows what position DE puts them in or thinks of them.

according to vocal minority on forums, sentinels are perfect and pets are absolutely useless because they dont(didnt) have vacuum. 

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

according to vocal minority on forums, sentinels are perfect and pets are absolutely useless because they dont(didnt) have vacuum

one mod doesn't make  an item useful or perfect whether it be a weapon or companion. fetch shouldn't be a mod it should've been a universal feature that adds range to the owner/master's already built in vacuum.

players are getting restless over these mods  that are being implemented lately, as for shade all sentinel needs a damage boost across the board. pets have a significant amount of damage while sentinels are still stuck in 1.0 in terms of damage

Edited by ranks21

hace 55 minutos, Hypernaut1 dijo:

according to vocal minority on forums, sentinels are perfect and pets are absolutely useless because they dont(didnt) have vacuum. 

Vocal minority ? go and see the statistics of the most used companions .... and see how "minor" is the amount of players using sentinels over pets .

Sentinels needs some kind of boost and they need a more varied arsenal.  They are long ago waits for changes but DE never really touch them because they feel they are fine. They should play the game more often and they will realise how the sentiments are weak.  Their only advantages is they don't have maintenance cost and have vacuum. 

13 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Sentinels needs some kind of boost and they need a more varied arsenal.  They are long ago waits for changes but DE never really touch them because they feel they are fine. They should play the game more often and they will realise how the sentiments are weak.  Their only advantages is they don't have maintenance cost and have vacuum. 

They are relatively fine. You do understand Devs must have a huge list of things they want to do, I can see why sentinels wouldn't be high on that list. They are functionally sound. 

Of course it's always possible to nitpick and find areas where they need to improve, but in general they are what they are. And we've been using them for years. 

I don't see any pressing issues with sentinels. They are a combat assist and some do it better than others.

The invisibility granted by shade is quite lacking. The combination of the 10 second cooldown with the very short detection distance makes it so it won't allow you to peacefully traverse a map, which should be it's intended application. Enemy enters the range, you go invisible, enemy takes two steps, you lose invisibility and go to the 10s cooldown. Pretty unusable to be honest. 

Huras kubrow is more reliable because it has way more range but it also has a tendency to let you down at bad moments. 

Proposed fix: give the invisibility provided by both shade and Huras an 8 second timer whenever it ceases to detect enemies in range before dropping the invisibility (as long as you haven't triggered it yourself by attacking), enough time to go from one group of enemies to another. If you reach another enemy in time, you remain invisible. 

(edited to improve clarity) 

Edited by Amhiel

Shade’s invisibility has always been trash, I’m actually quite perplexed why there are a lot of players that like using this Sentinel. It’s very unreliable in keeping you from harms way, and it’ll get you killed or alerted in the missions that could use the invisibility the most. The Ambush precept only solidifies the fact that DE doesn’t intend to fix the Ghost precept and encourages its terrible cloaking for dps purposes. 

I use shade and I have no problems with it only that overall the sentinels are not so strong. My shade always kept me invisible when needed and shade has a bit different behaviour than the other sentinels. Taxon and Wyrm are too agressive third in the row is the Dethcube. Helios and Diriga are a bit moderate but these also shot before ask. I don't know about the djinn because I not used it yet and not really seen peoples using it. Shade is more peaceful sentinel and less likely to break the invisibility than the other sentinels. Taxon is make more harm than good but it can slow down the enemies.

27 minutes ago, Szuna said:

I don't know about the djinn because I not used it yet and not really seen peoples using it.

Djinn’s Fatal Attraction is one of the best Sentinel precepts in the game. Enemies around you are forced in an unalarmed state and slowly walk toward you, eventually hit with a Corrosive proc/blast. It can essentially CC enemies to not attack you in high-dense situations and gives you some breathing room on your next move. Along with Reawaken and Primed Regen, Djinn is one of the best and most survivable Sentinels in-game.

Not only that, Djinn’s enemy detection radius is extremely far, which could be a great help if you choose to use Artax to force-proc Cold on enemies and CC from afar. I cannot say enough good things about this lil’ guy, definitely a top pick if you choose to invest your forma on it.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Djinn’s Fatal Attraction is one of the best Sentinel precepts in the game. Enemies around you are forced in an unalarmed state and slowly walk toward you, eventually hit with a Corrosive proc/blast. It can essentially CC enemies to not attack you in high-dense situations and gives you some breathing room on your next move. Along with Reawaken and Primed Regen, Djinn is one of the best and most survivable Sentinels in-game.

Not only that, Djinn’s enemy detection radius is extremely far, which could be a great help if you choose to use Artax to force-proc Cold on enemies and CC from afar. I cannot say enough good things about this lil’ guy, definitely a top pick if you choose to invest your forma on it.

Sounds like a fun sentinel then. Sounds to me worth the cost so I will investing into it when our clan done the researchers.

I use shade a lot, he always cloaks me when solving a cypher or rezzing, don’t think his cloak is a bad as some players make out.

sentinels are just good utility for me, I don’t equip their weapons so they are never targeted and survive all but the most extreme missions. They replenish my shields, my health, pick stuff up, pick me up if I’m real dumb, Rez themselves if my dumbness gets them killed and each has their specialty. They seem in a pretty good place tbh.

6 hours ago, ranks21 said:

dethcube's latest mod addition is basically useless and should be tossed in the pile of garbage this game already accumulated over time. deth rifle needs a buff, its laser precept is one that is more often left out of a build.

I build my deth rifle to strip armor, and it works somewhat ok-ish. the best thing DE can do for dethcube is to give it a bit more oomph in the status and damage dept and give it character to make it live up to its name.

shade is a wth are they thinking kind of tool/sentinel that I simply wont use. it has its niche but like most other sentinels which should be your alerted battle bot they are too unreliable.

Actually, i quite like dethcube's new mod addition. Use an artax on it and it's great and use arcane energize on yourself so you can gain energy easily without having to blow energy pads or run frames that supply you with energy. 

Dethcube's survivability isn't really great though, but i've been using dethcube a lot more because of that mod alone

4 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I’m actually quite perplexed why there are a lot of players that like using this Sentinel

It's a great aggro drop for nuke frames. Often the time you WANT to drop aggro is when something is headed up close to get all in your face. 

Once you stop trying to think of it as invisibility and more as a periodic aggro drop, you'll like it a lot better. 

I don't use Helios anymore, and I don't ever have ammo problems so I don't need carrier. Pets have maintenance so I'd just as soon boot them out the airlock. That leaves Shade as the the only one in contention for me.

Shade is an useful sentinel and it was my first one and now use taxon, wyrm and dethcube too. I prefer the shade mostly because it can make me invis when mostly needed and it is the least agressive sentinel and it won't shot mad like the dethcube or taxon or even the wyrm. All of them useful if you know how to mod them but still they needs some tweaks because they are with us since the beginning. More sentinel, more weapon and some qol changes on them to make them viable option. 

Pets in other hand needs their ai fixed if we want use their full potential.

if you don't like a sentinel then you may not know how to use it. i've never had problems with shade's or any other sentinel's mechanics. however, i can't say a word about pets because i don't have the heart to put my pets into any affair more dangerous than rolling around on the pet-bed.