Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Tightbeam" Fortuna ARG puzzle.

Loza03

Nobody else seems to have this on General Discussion so...

The Fortuna ARG has come up with a small minigame that'll require a large number of plays to complete. Specifically, it requires 300,000 completions. Here it is:

https://www.warframe.com/tightbeam

This leads to the 'Hack' we have to do. Each player can contribute up to three completions officially, but clearing cookies or opening new instances in incognito or inprivate tabs can enable more contributions.

As of the last count, it's at about 32,000, and it was discovered about four hours ago. More people to the cause will get this done faster, so we can find out about it. I humbly request anybody reading to take five minutes or so minutes of their time to complete this for at least the three regular times.

Just now, Loza03 said:

No, there's a counter. People have been measuring in real time. I'm not sure if bots could work either since you basically need to clear your cookies every three tries.

The data graph just looks too straight lmao, one straight diagonal line, then jump up to make another outta no where

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Caught me in the middle of editing my post acknowledging exactly that. My apologies.

No worries friend :d 
I wouldn't be surprised if it were rigged, since big events are usually rigged to fit the story like when the relay's got blown up. 
The graph shows a huge spike way too close in time to the point before it. If it keeps going like that it'll be ready for next week for Fortuna release

Edit; I don't wanna be a downer on everyones fun with the ARG, but something that wants "300k hacks" and it took like 12hrs for 10% of it, then just one second later it boosts up to what? 35% done? Feels like a waste of time/life if you're trying to get around the IP cap of it "sending data packets" to keep clicking cause you won't get anything out of it ><

Edited by Vesiga

1 minute ago, Vesiga said:

No worries friend :d 
I wouldn't be surprised if it were rigged, since big events are usually rigged to fit the story like when the relay's got blown up. 
The graph shows a huge spike way too close in time to the point before it. If it keeps going like that it'll be ready for next week for Fortuna release

Indeed, they do make a habit of this don't they. I'll keep mum for the benefit those who haven't realised it yet though.

It's possible that, given the on-site counter and anti-botting 'only three times' thing, that this was meant to be legit, but we took too long to figure it out. Which, it took like a day and half.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Indeed, they do make a habit of this don't they. I'll keep mum for the benefit those who haven't realised it yet though.

It's possible that, given the on-site counter and anti-botting 'only three times' thing, that this was meant to be legit, but we took too long to figure it out. Which, it took like a day and half.

Yeah, it could be a bit of both. Real counting + added by DE to instant complete at a set date, and we could possibly make it end sooner. 

12 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

Yeah, it could be a bit of both. Real counting + added by DE to instant complete at a set date, and we could possibly make it end sooner. 

Quite possibly. If memory serves it did work legit for a while at least.

Oh my god. Just look at this thing. It's almost like... ITS A COMPLETE BLIZZARD RIPOFF during Sombra's reease that turned out to be the biggest sheet and fiasco in the histroy after which Blizzard declared there will be no more args.

/flashback.

Цитата

C'mon people we need this to complete

Edited by -Temp0-

47 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Oh my god. Just look at this thing. It's almost like... ITS A COMPLETE BLIZZARD RIPOFF during Sombra's reease that turned out to be the biggest sheet and fiasco in the histroy after which Blizzard declared there will be no more args.

I wasn't aware that Blizzard invented using ARG's to hype up new things.

Mostly because they didn't.

Let people have their fun.

2 минуты назад, Loza03 сказал:

I wasn't aware that Blizzard invented using ARG's to hype up new things.

Mostly because they didn't.

Let people have their fun.

Apparently you also didn't know you can read with your eyes instead of using other body parts.

Blizzard used the same "lets all get together to hack the thing and reveal the update" sheet and just like DE (only more thematical for Overwatch because Sombra was a hacker), nothing players did affected the speed of the update or reveal (it was just set on auto completion). Or literally anything. Just like DE did with fomorian attacks on teh relays, your actions don't matter.

So have fun pressing buttons like a test monkey. 

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

Apparently you also didn't know you can read with your eyes instead of using other body parts.

Blizzard used the same "lets all get together to hack the thing and reveal the update" sheet and just like DE (only more thematical for Overwatch because Sombra was a hacker), nothing players did affected the speed of the update or reveal (it was just set on auto completion). Or literally anything. Just like DE did with fomorian attacks on teh relays, your actions don't matter.

So have fun pressing buttons like a test monkey. 

1: That 'read with your eyes' makes no sense.

2: Yeah, I know it probably doesn't matter what we're doing. I'm still not going around trying to ruin people's fun though.