Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Biggest joke ever: Riven Cache

Neonite

riven.png

So i had to find out that i've wasted potential money only after i've chosen this cache. Not only does it not give a shotgun riven and instead gives a f-in rifle riven, it also is a waste of plat if you already have maximum riven slots since the 3 it gives doesn't allow you to go over 90. Sure, it might be that it gives those 3 slots just so players can have them but then it is an insult for those who spent plat on those slots, and it would only be fair if it never gave slots to begin with so those people would also have to buy them or allow the maximum slots to be expanded by those caches (3 per cache wouldn't put that much of a load on database... I think). And it's a big shame because i love rivens.

Just now, WaylanderG said:

Why not just sell the rivens for even more platt? Surly giving rivens is almost like a gift of plat providing you can sell them on.

I like to collect rivens (yes i do obviously sell some). I'm not saying i should be able to collect an infinite amount, this is more about them firstly not warning that it doesn't increase the limit or atleast allow you to access these over limit, and also about it creating a general mess where you essentially have wasted money in the context of these free slots and that you're forced to throw something away to receive your gift. Is it a gift after all then?

11 minutes ago, Cicasajt said:

i have unveiled pistol rivens that i will unveil when fortuna hits to get kitgun rivens. im holding back all melee rivens i get until melee 3.0, once that hits i can sell those too

they will probably be useless

there are 2 types of riven for melee weapons (for normal weapons 8,14% drop rate and for zaw 2.00%)

https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

it will probably be the same with rivens for pistol

well… unveiling your rivens is useless for kitguns since the ACTUAL riven (weapon/stats) is already set when you get the veiled one and at that Point there was no kitgun in the game therefor no kitgun riven.

only veiled rivens you farm/get when kitguns are in the game CAN be kitgun rivens

5 minutes ago, Xiquara said:

well… unveiling your rivens is useless for kitguns since the ACTUAL riven (weapon/stats) is already set when you get the veiled one and at that Point there was no kitgun in the game therefor no kitgun riven.

only veiled rivens you farm/get when kitguns are in the game CAN be kitgun rivens

people have told me this. i didnt believe them but i guess this will be an opportunity to test it

28 minutes ago, Cicasajt said:

people have told me this. i didnt believe them but i guess this will be an opportunity to test it

That is untrue, during the point of the unveiling riven rolls a random name entry in the current gunlist of the patch. I've tested it myself with rivens acquired before a gun was released and it does pick new weapons, at random. You can sometimes even see the game freeze for a moment as it's creating the riven

1 hour ago, SubExodus said:

That is untrue, during the point of the unveiling riven rolls a random name entry in the current gunlist of the patch. I've tested it myself with rivens acquired before a gun was released and it does pick new weapons, at random. You can sometimes even see the game freeze for a moment as it's creating the riven

However, there is a difference between "Melee Riven that unveils into a normal Melee weapon" and "Melee Riven that unveils into a Zaw," and the latter did not start dropping until Zaws were implemented.  Hence the two separate entries for "Melee Riven Mod" on the official drop rates.  People determined this to be the case pretty conclusively back when Zaws were introduced.

Thus, it's pretty likely that all current Secondary Rivens would only ever unveil into non-Kitgun Rivens, and Kitgun Rivens won't be available until the update drops.  Now of course thats not necessarily true, but it's the most likely result.

7 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

However, there is a difference between "Melee Riven that unveils into a normal Melee weapon" and "Melee Riven that unveils into a Zaw," and the latter did not start dropping until Zaws were implemented.  Hence the two separate entries for "Melee Riven Mod" on the official drop rates.  People determined this to be the case pretty conclusively back when Zaws were introduced.

Thus, it's pretty likely that all current Secondary Rivens would only ever unveil into non-Kitgun Rivens, and Kitgun Rivens won't be available until the update drops.  Now of course thats not necessarily true, but it's the most likely result.

Have devs confirmed that? Or did people just assume it is so purely from rng, because that doesn't sound like a reliable confirmation. It could also be a bug / overlook on devs' side since (i'm not sure how exactly Warframe works in this regard) most games use an item list in a single file and it would've made sense to not put zaw parts together with actual weapons into same file that rivens refer to, but then it makes it weird to think on how rivens in general work with relation to updates since they would've changed for them to properly refer but old ones wouldn't've changed? Sounds like nonsense. I'm just looking to the logical answer, but it's DE so who knows?

1 hour ago, SubExodus said:

Have devs confirmed that? Or did people just assume it is so purely from rng, because that doesn't sound like a reliable confirmation. It could also be a bug / overlook on devs' side since (i'm not sure how exactly Warframe works in this regard) most games use an item list in a single file and it would've made sense to not put zaw parts together with actual weapons into same file that rivens refer to, but then it makes it weird to think on how rivens in general work with relation to updates since they would've changed for them to properly refer but old ones wouldn't've changed? Sounds like nonsense. I'm just looking to the logical answer, but it's DE so who knows?

Occam's Razor.  No Rivens dropped from before Zaws were introduced became a Zaw Riven, and the second Melee Riven Mod entry appeared in the drop rates when Zaws were introduced.

Speculation is nothing more than speculation, but we can look at the results and draw conclusions from them.

7 hours ago, SubExodus said:

3 per cache wouldn't put that much of a load on database... I think

I used to play a game where literally every item had 3 random stats, in an uncanny similar way to rivens. And people used to run freeshard versions of that game on home hardwere. Personally, I have my doubts if there was ever a data storage space shortage in the first place.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

1 minute ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I used to play a game where literally every item had 3 random stats, in an uncanny similar way to rivens. And people used to run freeshard versions of that game on home hardwere. Personally, I have my doubts if there was ever a data storage space shortage in the first place.

Then it's to "inspire creativity". Or whatever, it's like one of those corporate things corporates say when they themselves know that none for a second believes that garbage. But it might be a special case with DE considering how much money they're getting and they still can't put up dedicated servers.

4 minutes ago, SubExodus said:

Then it's to "inspire creativity". Or whatever, it's like one of those corporate things corporates say when they themselves know that none for a second believes that garbage. But it might be a special case with DE considering how much money they're getting and they still can't put up dedicated servers.

"Extortion" is the word you might be looking for.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

8 hours ago, SubExodus said:

riven.png

So i had to find out that i've wasted potential money only after i've chosen this cache. Not only does it not give a shotgun riven and instead gives a f-in rifle riven, it also is a waste of plat if you already have maximum riven slots since the 3 it gives doesn't allow you to go over 90. Sure, it might be that it gives those 3 slots just so players can have them but then it is an insult for those who spent plat on those slots, and it would only be fair if it never gave slots to begin with so those people would also have to buy them or allow the maximum slots to be expanded by those caches (3 per cache wouldn't put that much of a load on database... I think). And it's a big shame because i love rivens.

You are addicted to platinum hoarding.

Once i reached ten thousand plat i stopped trying to make plat from rivens as its less stressfull to sell syndicate weapons.

I now only have 12 rivens and thats it.

Riven hoarding or platinum hoarding is a problem thats player centric.

So you have 90/90 rivens but you thought the riven reward from login will give you 93/90 for some reason? why should they give you more when even sorties doesn't? just use common sense to know the answer. it's not a joke and nothing should change, that's how the system works 

I don't think you're implying it, but I'll say it anyway: Just because you're a hoarder doesn't mean the system supports your needs or is made for people like you

On 2018-11-04 at 2:37 PM, GinKenshin said:

So you have 90/90 rivens but you thought the riven reward from login will give you 93/90 for some reason? why should they give you more when even sorties doesn't? just use common sense to know the answer. it's not a joke and nothing should change, that's how the system works 

I don't think you're implying it, but I'll say it anyway: Just because you're a hoarder doesn't mean the system supports your needs or is made for people like you

because before u have the 90 cap u given slots with the rivens, once u hit 90 u get no more

Am 4.11.2018 um 12:56 schrieb Xiquara:

This is wrong.
I opened melee rivens that i have obtained before cetus and got Zaws from it.

On 2018-11-04 at 3:56 AM, Xiquara said:

This isn't true. The weapon is rolled when the weapon is unveiled. The price of shotgun rivens went way up before the Corinth was released (because everyone knew it was coming), and when the Ghoul update dropped, lots of people got their Corinth rivens.

However, it works differently from Zaws. There are actually two types of melee rivens: normal, non-Zaw melee rivens, and Zaw melee rivens. The game treats them as identical and there's no way to differentiate them from one another until they're unveiled, but there's a distinction. No melee riven acquired before the Plains of Eidolon update unveiled into a Zaw riven, because the Zaw rivens were only added to the game with the Zaws themselves. It's very likely to be the same with Kitguns.

On 2018-11-04 at 2:33 AM, SubExodus said:

riven.png

INTERESTING

It used to be possible to have you max slots permanently expanded to 93 by having all 90 filled up on the day of accepting that login reward.

the 3 'included' slots would get added in even though you were at max.

It was a glitch supposedly.

I guess they fixed it.

That's too bad, i guess there will forever be a select elite with max 93, while all who come after this login reward revamp shall be max 90

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:56 AM, Xiquara said:

This is untrue. Holding an unveiled riven until a new weapon comes can result in that riven being for a new weapon. The weapon and stats are determined when you unveil it.

On 2018-11-04 at 4:30 AM, Cicasajt said:

i have unveiled pistol rivens that i will unveil when fortuna hits to get kitgun rivens. im holding back all melee rivens i get until melee 3.0, once that hits i can sell those too

they don't work that way unveild rivens are already predietermied this was descovered when people got unveiled melee rivien mods for the zaws that weren't even released and couldn't complete the objective because of it.