Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fetch disables other companion abilities [Fixed]

TommyBlue7

I have been testing a little bit and all those pet bugs not using abilities are Fetch related.

If you slot Fetch all the other precepts are never used (or are queued after fetch that never ends).

The order of precepts (fetch before or after) doesnt matter and the pets are not using the precepts.

My Huras Kubrow is modded with the precepts Stalk, Hunt, and Fetch, but she won't use any of them. Also, Kubrows have 3 default attacks: a lunge, a slap, and a nose swipe, but the lunge fails to land an attack every time. Anyone else getting something similar?

I was trying to test the Mecha set bonus in the Simulacrum, but I was having trouble getting the effect to trigger.

I did some testing, and found that when I removed Fetch from my kubrow, the bonus worked fine (that is, the mark above enemy heads appeared).

I tried it again with the Stalk precept, and sure enough, I didn't cloak at all with Fetch on, but cloaked immediately with it off. I guess Fetch is counted as an always-on precept or something?

I remember a time when I would at least see consistent results with this mod. A couple of red crits here and there, affinity boosts and most importantly resource boosts.

But alas, as of late. My cat has started acting like a real cat and doing whatever the hell it wants to do.
As of late I've consistently received no buffs from this Garfield level lazy cat and he keeps expecting me to feed him green sauce and bring him into missions so he can mark stuff and hiss.

I've go through 3 Kuva survivals. (Times: 33, 34, 56 minutes est.) PRE-FORTUNA. No buffs of any kind.
Then I did some generic missions then did more Kuva Survivals after Fortuna dropped and after the 2 hotfixs.

STILL NO BUFFS OF ANY KIND. Maybe I'm just super unlucky, but I didn't equip a Kavat who's main ability activates once every blue moon.
I don't care if it's granted to proc but it has a longer cooldown, I don't care if it just gets a higher chance to proc with the same cooldown, I don't care if time it takes to roll is shortened to half.

But I deeply care about my long term investment to this Kavat and it's 8 forma and fully maxed Bite and Maul I have on him.

Can Charm be fixed or made more consistent, cause as of right now. It's like the mod isn't even equipped.

Edited by Spotdodge

Having the same issue, can consistently replicate it. Taking Fetch off and the Charm buffs go back to working. With Fetch I've gone for almost an hour before seeing one instance of the buff trigger, the reload one i think.

Edited by Tennmuerti

From reddit it seems that fetch stops a kubrow from doing a lot of things 

"It's counting as a channeled action precept, i.e. It's like Nyx's Absorb, once it turns on, it doesn't let the pet "cast" any other precepts, and it's overriding the priority order, so it doesn't matter if it's on the last slot, Fetch is all that's going to be active.

To note Vacuum is also misbehaving a little bit. Not as much, but you can occasionally notice Helios refusing to scan." - credit to pixelsummoner on reddit

there is your problem 😛

I noticed the same problem and decided to do some testing in the simulacrum.

If I use this mod setup

Spoiler

Warframe0010.jpg

I get the cat's eye buff reliably.

If I use this setup (Hunter Synergy replaced by fetch)

Spoiler

Warframe0011.jpg

I don't get the buff.

I tested each setup with 10 runs in the simulacrum and tried to stay close to my kavat.

It doesn't seem to make any difference if I use any Hunter mods or remove them all from the setup.

Edited by joejoe87577

Doing some solo runs, 5-10 minutes, zero smeeta buffs.  Before it was basically 100% that it would apply one buff before you could even skip the first cutscene.

Can you fix this, please?  Soon?  It's a big quality of life improvement.  I know you want kubrows and kavats to actually fetch items, but that doesn't really fit with the pace of the game at all.

Context: "Mecha Empowered is a set mod that grants bonus damage against a marked enemy. (150% Extra damage at max)" 

My test subjects takes an average of 2 shots with my weapon to be killed, after applying a mark on them, they still take 2 shots, there seem to be no damage increase.

EDIT - https://i.imgur.com/7tUSWBb.png (copy the link and paste it)

It turns out it needs to be the mark created by the kubrow and not by the player, the wording on the Mecha empowered says "Marked enemy" but never specified who's mark. And also the current mod set bonus does NOT state the the kubrow marks enemies, unlike it was in the fortuna promo.

Edited by --Q--Voidkin