Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do K-Drives give mastery? [Reopened]

Excalibur--prime

According to patchnotes:

These components do not offer any stat bonuses, but the Board will earn you Mastery when you rank up your K-Drive -- no Gilding required! You can earn Affinity for your K-Drive by completing tricks in the Vallis.

Edited by Ksaero

1 minute ago, Excalibur--prime said:

Wait they don't offer stat bonuses?

Then why are the stats listed when you go to buy the 'Daily Special'?

Pretty sure that it's not necessarily that they don't give stat bonuses as much as they all give the same bonus. That way people can choose the K-Drive looks that they like and use the mods to tailor them to their personal taste. 

I bought the Flatbelly K-Drive from the kid in Fortuna and brought it to 30, but it didn't give me any MR points.

It's now displayed with the mastery icon in the arsenal, but I'm 100% sure I didn't get any point; how is it supposed to work? There's no glding here so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Edited by Sir_Alex_Traffo

This is from patch notes "These components do not offer any stat bonuses, but the Board will earn you Mastery when you rank up your K-Drive -- no Gilding required! You can earn Affinity for your K-Drive by completing tricks in the Vallis."

Perhaps you have to craft one to get the MR and not just buy one but that makes no sense to me since it costs plat to buy one so you really should.

Edited by Ecliptix

1 hour ago, Ecliptix said:

This is from patch notes "These components do not offer any stat bonuses, but the Board will earn you Mastery when you rank up your K-Drive -- no Gilding required! You can earn Affinity for your K-Drive by completing tricks in the Vallis."

Perhaps you have to craft one to get the MR and not just buy one but that makes no sense to me since it costs plat to buy one so you really should.

Yea, thought the same. 

The drive itself is fairly cheap to buy, but leveling it up is honestly annoying so doing it for nothing is quite terrible 

I bought the Flatbelly K-Drive from the kid in Fortuna and brought it to 30, but it didn't give me any MR points.

It's now displayed with the mastery icon in the arsenal, but I'm 100% sure I didn't get any point. 

I thought you had to craft it, but it sounds weird to me to get "punished" for using plat? At least it was a very small amount, but still I don't honestly enjoy K-Drive grind much, so leveling up to 30 for nothing is quite annoying! 

Hello,

Purchased K Drive from Vent kids for Plat as basic K drive cannot be modded, or ranked.

Named it "Blimey Blimp" , consists of Flatbelly , Coldfusor , Wingnut , Step Tens.

Leveled K Drive  to Rank 16 (at the moment),

No mastery earned , or at-least none visible.

Which leads me to second issue ,

None of the new modable items are Visible in profile screen ,

I foresee similar issues when they will be gilded.

Request necessary changes be done before ability to gild items becomes achievable by players.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I dont think they give mastery , or its bugged at the moment.

It is definitely bugged, but we are still trying to figure out how. My friend crafted a K-Drive with "Bad Boy" as board and I chose "Flatbelly". He does not get mastery for leveling his, while I do. Can someone confirm that this is tied to the board choice? I don't have enough standing to craft another one.

K-Drives mastery should be based on boards. I got K-Drive No. 1 with Bad Baby board and K-Drive No.2 with Needlenose board, but received mastery only for Bad Baby. With no way to check in profile if it just didn't register, I don't know if it is just not updating properly or something else.

K-Drive No.1 was build from scratch. Parts: Bad Baby, Coldfusor, Beaky, Twin Kavats.
K-Drive No.2 was bought from Boon as a Special Offer. Parts: Needlenose, Arc Twelve, Beaky, Fatboys

EDIT: Bought K-Drive No.3 was bought from Boon as a Special Offer. Parts: Flatbelly, Hothead, Wingnut, Twin Kavats. No mastery experience gained from leveling it up

Edited by TheBulldog

Seems like only bought ones not giving mastery points and i wonder if i'll be able to get my 3000 Mastery for leveling same board one more time since the bought one is already 30lvl and didn't gave me a single point.  :thonk:

On 2018-11-08 at 11:46 PM, [DE]Megan said:

These components do not offer any stat bonuses, but the Board will earn you Mastery when you rank up your K-Drive -- no Gilding required! You can earn Affinity for your K-Drive by completing tricks in the Vallis.