Jump to content

High lvl content = magnet for leechers


Immune
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

Can we get a kick option at least in arbitration missions or ESO, this is clearly getting out of hand. Every time it's a limbo that's afk, not even using any ability to help, like banishing the target to defend it. Arbitration mission, he was using low lvl gear to lvl it.
This is clearly happening because they feel like they can do it whenever they want and it will always work for them.

EDIT: he messaged me after the mission 

ghZQa1H.jpg?2

Spoiler

OspkNIC.jpg?1

 

Edited by Immune
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Delete names. It's against TOS. And send to support with more evidence than the endscreen. Leecher get punished from them

won't really help against other leechers who do the same thing but don't get reported. So reporting 1 won't help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's disgusting, I hope people like this get perma banned, I've seen many leeches as well in sorties and ESO and even low level content and it's absolutely infuriating to have to either complete the mission and let them win or leave and have them join and ruin someone else's match

Edited by (PS4)Equinox21697
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

That's disgusting, I hope people like this gets perma banned, I've seen many leeches as well in sorties and ESO and even low level content and it's absolutely infuriating to have to either complete the mission and let them win or leave and have them join and ruin someone else's match

In some way he is just abusing the system that allows him to do so. I guess that kind of stuff is allowed. We should probably do the same every time we pug any mission? 

Edited by Immune
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

A kick option is never going to be added in the game since it would be easily abused if it were to be ever added into the game. 

You cant really abuse vote kick, if you would need 3 other players to say YES. also if a guy got marked as AFK before that as set requirement for vote kick to start

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Immune said:

You cant really abuse vote kick, if you would need 3 other players to say YES. also if a guy got marked as AFK before that as set requirement for vote kick to start

It actually can be easily abused. Let’s say for instance that there is Limbo in a squad minding their own business and the other 3 squad members hate Limbo for no apparent reason, then next thing you know that Limbo is kicked from the squad for absolutely doing nothing wrong other than having Limbo equipped. The point I’m trying to make is that players could troll other players just to troll.

Yes, I understand that in your experience that there was a squad member afk from squad, but that doesn’t mean that there should be a vote to kick option in the game. What should be done is that DE should add a system where if a player is afk for a certain amount of time, they get kicked from squad. That would be a much better system than a vote to kick system if you ask me honestly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

It actually can be easily abused. Let’s say for instance that there is Limbo in a squad minding their own business and the other 3 squad members hate Limbo for no apparent reason, then next thing you know that Limbo is kicked from the squad for absolutely doing nothing wrong other than having Limbo equipped. The point I’m trying to make is that players could troll other players just to troll.

Yes, I understand that in your experience that there was a squad member afk from squad, but that doesn’t mean that there should be a vote to kick option in the game. What should be done is that DE should add a system where if a player is afk for a certain amount of time, they get kicked from squad. That would be a much better system than a vote to kick system if you ask me honestly.

that would make it so if I'm in a squad with my friend and I went to the bathroom for a moment or to open a door, I will get kicked out. That thing should work for only public matchmaking 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

far better system would be a reputation system where u can get negative and positive rep if enough negative rep lets say too much AFK then u would be joining other AFKers more often 

and u could get positive rep also 

yes i know that wouldn't be flawless system but it would encourage ppl not to AFK or misbehave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Frozer80 said:

far better system would be a reputation system where u can get negative and positive rep if enough negative rep lets say too much AFK then u would be joining other AFKers more often 

and u could get positive rep also 

yes i know that wouldn't be flawless system but it would encourage ppl not to AFK or misbehave

that would be great, but from what I know about matchmaking, I would be really hard to implement

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DE will never implement a vote kick.

40 minutes ago, --Q--XFA said:

If the devs can just prohibit rank 0-29 gear. It should stop some leechers.

 

That would be nice. I was in an Arbitration yesterday and someone came in with only a single weapon, that was rank 0. Arbitrations are not the place to level.

10 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

What should be done is that DE should add a system where if a player is afk for a certain amount of time, they get kicked from squad.

I like this but it only helps so much. It will auto flag afk, and could auto kick after 2 minutes but that only helps against players that are physically not there. For lazy players that still want full credit all they have to do now is move occasionally to beat it, right? Or even just round around and collect drops the whole time without actually contributing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

DE will never implement a vote kick.

 

That would be nice. I was in an Arbitration yesterday and someone came in with only a single weapon, that was rank 0. Arbitrations are not the place to level.

I like this but it only helps so much. It will auto flag afk, and could auto kick after 2 minutes but that only helps against players that are physically not there. For lazy players that still want full credit all they have to do now is move occasionally to beat it, right? Or even just round around and collect drops the whole time without actually contributing.

Current afk detection is easily avoidable 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Frozer80 said:

far better system would be a reputation system where u can get negative and positive rep if enough negative rep lets say too much AFK then u would be joining other AFKers more often 

and u could get positive rep also 

yes i know that wouldn't be flawless system but it would encourage ppl not to AFK or misbehave

This sounds like a good idea if they can get it to work. The rep doesn't need to be visible to anyone but the owner (to avoid their own shaming policy), but matchmaking could still prioritize matching other players over the low rep people except when it can match low rep people together.

I still foresee the potential for abuse though, because this is a gamer community after all. The negative rep could really be for any reason that isn't exclusive to being afk or even necessarily a valid issue.  Players would still vote down the rep on players that use Limbo, Saryn, Mesa, Ember or whatever frame they don't like for whatever reason even if those players aren't being especially troublesome. Or down-vote players that didn't want to wait for you to find all 3 caches on a sabotage when players are trying to farm void traces quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

This sounds like a good idea if they can get it to work. The rep doesn't need to be visible to anyone but the owner (to avoid their own shaming policy), but matchmaking could still prioritize matching other players over the low rep people except when it can match low rep people together.

I still foresee the potential for abuse though, because this is a gamer community after all. The negative rep could really be for any reason that isn't exclusive to being afk or even necessarily a valid issue.  Players would still vote down the rep on players that use Limbo, Saryn, Mesa, Ember or whatever frame they don't like for whatever reason even if those players aren't being especially troublesome. Or down-vote players that didn't want to wait for you to find all 3 caches on a sabotage when players are trying to farm void traces quickly.

Like i said it isnt Flawless system but my idea was only A seed that could be developed further  like  rep  resetation every month just for example 

and if you give person a negative rep you must give a reason example AFK  and if person gets enough bad reputation with AFK example DE would investigate cos 

ppl wont give AFK votes easily

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Frozer80 said:

Like i said it isnt Flawless system but my idea was only A seed that could be developed further  like  rep  resetation every month just for example 

and if you give person a negative rep you must give a reason example AFK  and if person gets enough bad reputation with AFK example DE would investigate cos 

ppl wont give AFK votes easily

There we go. That's the kind of oversight I was hoping for. Yeah, resetting and negative rep explanations that could lead to investigations could help control the situation to make sure it's less exploited.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Immune said:

My main issue here is that if it happens on arbitration mission which you can only start once per hour which means if you get that guy you are stuck with him 

This is a valid reason to submit a support ticket. Take pics like you did for this thread, which clearly show his wrong behaviour and act as evidence, and fill a "User Report". If you are looking for Support Desk, it is in the same bar as the search function. Or: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Edited by ShortCat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Il y a 12 heures, --Q--XFA a dit :

If the devs can just prohibit rank 0-29 gear. It should stop some leechers.

 

A kick function has no chance of happening sadly. Still hoping for it tho. lol

I'm not too hopeful about a kick but requiring lvl 30 gear and warframes in lvl 60+ content (I'm adding sorties and kuva flood to the list) would be really welcome.

Edited by sixmille
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Immune said:

My main issue here is that if it happens on arbitration mission which you can only start once per hour which means if you get that guy you are stuck with him 

Like said in my first post: file a ticket and send both screenshots. The second one where they admit leeching should give him a ban for sure. 

I once had a case where a player leeched 8 waves in a defense because "he didn't realize the mission had already begun". I was talking to him all the time and in the end I reported him because I was struggling heavily and was on my last revive. He messaged me a day later in forums and saying with many insults that he got banned for a month

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A barrier for low-level gear is a good idea, it becomes a filter that keeps newbies out of the wrong missions. It also prevents abusers with gear low enough that they won't be able to help anyway. Though sadly, I agree that a kick function is impossible due to the fact that it can be wrongfully used as well.

On 2018-11-12 at 9:14 PM, Frozer80 said:

far better system would be a reputation system where u can get negative and positive rep if enough negative rep lets say too much AFK then u would be joining other AFKers more often 

and u could get positive rep also 

yes i know that wouldn't be flawless system but it would encourage ppl not to AFK or misbehave

Hmm, this is very feasible. So as long as the the punishments aren't too harsh. Like everybody gets to rate the people they played with on the loading screen after missions (like a thumbs up/thumbs down beside their names on the stats section). Your ratings are silently tallied, and if the system determines you down voted someone who didn't really perform above a certain threshold (which is easy to calculate, considering the game collects damage dealt, kills, etc at this screen), that someone gets his public matchmaking set on cooldown (30mins to 1hour).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...