Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing massive amounts of standing in Orb Vallis [Fixed]

SilentMobius

Message added by [DE]Saske

Hey Tenno! This issue should be fixed as of 3:30PM ET. 

The issue occurred when deranking a Syndicate mid-bounty, while gaining standing for the Ventkids. If you were affected by this issue please create a support ticket with a screenshot for further assistance. 

This may not be common but at after leaving the Vallis after the most recent Hotfix ( 24.0.5 ) My standing on two syndicates dropped to zero for that rank with no clear mechanism for it to have been lost. I suspect a bug, and in case DE can't just roll back the losses I suggest taking screenshots of your standing and changes for potential support reimbursement.

Here's my example:

Warframe1771.jpg?raw=1

Edited by SilentMobius

Yikes.

Combine that with the recent 2 occasions (that I know of) where Warframe completely zeroed the item counts for some items in my inventory. The first time, it was Pharoma and Luminos Dye. The second time, it was just the Luminos Dye.

I only noticed it because I was trying to fish - what other item count problems have we not noticed?

2 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

Yikes.

Combine that with the recent 2 occasions (that I know of) where Warframe completely zeroed the item counts for some items in my inventory. The first time, it was Pharoma and Luminos Dye. The second time, it was just the Luminos Dye.

I only noticed it because I was trying to fish - what other item count problems have we not noticed?

Actuallky that might be what happened to my energy pizzas. I generally keep a stock of over 50 before goping into a mission with a frame that might need them (and prefer to keep it over 100) but found that they'd disappeared when starting the Ayatan hunt on Ivara today. Thought I might have used them all but that just didn't sit right with me... Could well be the same issue.

1 minute ago, Talinthis said:

Yikes this is some spooky stuff

Right?

These are only the things people have noticed.

Like the dummy I am, I neglected to get any kind of documentation on my fishing gear. Can we really expect players to be regularly monitoring all the currencies and items attached to their accounts, though?

DE can run scripts to add and remove things; I presume that means they have the power to check on individual accounts and verify that things have indeed been unduly chomped.

On 2018-11-13 at 5:35 PM, notlamprey said:

Right?

These are only the things people have noticed.

Like the dummy I am, I neglected to get any kind of documentation on my fishing gear. Can we really expect players to be regularly monitoring all the currencies and items attached to their accounts, though?

DE can run scripts to add and remove things; I presume that means they have the power to check on individual accounts and verify that things have indeed been unduly chomped.

That depends on how granular their logs are for standing awards. Certainly in my workplace I'd err on the side of caution and log everything, but we (Tenno) do produce a lot of data and it might not be possible for DE even on a straight per-mission-end basis.

I hope so though.

Edited by SilentMobius

13 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

A single bounty and a little bit of K-Drive grinding, nothing unusual that I'm aware of.

Yeah, ok, maybe gaining standings with Solaris U. is bugged for some players, & count other syndicate-like factions as enemies ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was running a bounty, on way back to elevator host disconnected. Getting to extraction after a minute or two of host migration I am met by this reward screen. The steel meridian one is most likely correct though. 

CQvGK9R.jpg

UCIgA1E.png

Checking out the syndicate standing screen. Lost all standing from The Perrin Sequence and the Ventkids. Not sure if Solaris standing is the same as before or not.

Screenshot of end of mission standing screen

I just returned to Fortuna from Orb Vallis after completing a couple of bounties, only to find that Steel Meridian REALLY didn't like that I was out there doing my part for Solaris. The only syndicate sigil I was wearing was the Red Veil sigil, and my Steel Meridian rep has indeed dropped to zero but remained in the tier I was in (Brave)

Last night, me and my friends did tricks, ran bounties, mined and generally faffed around in the vallis. We all had things we were aiming for and once we had enough rep we exctracted. All of us lost around 3-5k standing upon extraction. Mission progress claimed I was at 44k and could rank up Solaris United, but after leaving I was at ~39.5k. My friend wanted to put together his first K-Drive, but couldn't afford two 5k parts after grinding for over 10k standing that run.

Today, I've returned to Orb Vallis solo for now, and after a bit of hunting and easy bounties noticed I'm not gaining reputation from bounties anymore (I'm nowhere near my daily cap) and upon extracting my 19k current standing with SU turned into 15k. Needless to say if these numbers are accurate and eat from our daily caps, this will have a horrendous impact on fortuna progression. I'm sincerely praying it's just a display bug.

I have no idea how to reproduce, except each of these times we picked new bounties from a (different) captured corpus base on the field. And I'm frankly too scared for my standing to re-enter Orb Vallis to test this.

Edit: Vent and tested this anyway. Seems it's just an ui glitch, phew. When looking at the faction standings on mission progress in-game, the earned reptuation figure is correct. The figure below it that shows your current total standing is not, and on the mission results screen it instead displays the correct value, creatign the illusion of standing going missing. In my test run no actual standing was lost, however, and the standing actually gained from the completed bounty seemed to be the expected value. Currently looks like it has to do with the extra standing from bonus objectives breakign the formula somehow, affecting (propably) all displayed reputations on mission progress screen.

I still do not know why it seemed like I stopped gaining reputation from bounties when I wasn't at my daily cap and haven't been able to reproduce, but I'm assuming it was similarily a UI glitch and just didn't display the numbers properly upon completion.

Edited by Kivip
More information

This happens when you often play badly, your operator wears that tie-hood, your warframes colors are only black or bleck/red instead of a colorfull palet or when you insult other players, since that is not kewl bra!

But in all seriousness, i guess this is a bug.

Well, maybe new loka is an enemy of them. that whould fit.