Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda is little game breaking.

Marakai

Just now, Unohound said:

exactly can we not just throw nerfs at good warframes? this is what damage warframe are supposed to be like. whats the point of sacrificing your health to do mediocre damage.

That's not the point. There are other "nuke" frames, but if you make one frame much better than other simillar frames- that is not balanced. She is good frame but there needs to be limit to where you can just "one-shot" everything around on certain high-levels.

I think that combo presented on this video is just too strong.

I also don't like nerfs but we should also at least try to keep some balance.

No. Garuda's kind of damage is the bare minimum what a Glass Cannon like her should do. Take that level of damage away, she doesn't have much to offer, really. She is not a Support Frame.

Just now, Marakai said:

That's not the point. There are other "nuke" frames, but if you make one frame much better than other simillar frames- that is not balanced. She is good frame but there needs to be limit to where you can just "one-shot" everything around on certain high-levels.

The Nuke Frames other than Saryn actually need to be buffed. They are the only frames which scale off early and the worst part is that they don't offer anything to the team outside of mediocre damage that a gun can do better.

1 minute ago, Marakai said:

So by that logic we should nerf Equinox, Saryn, Nidus and so many other warframes because they are all able to nuke stuff up?

Really, she is strong but nothing compared to the ability of killing an entire room worth of enemies with the press of a button like Equinox casually does.

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

No. Garuda's kind of damage is the bare minimum what a Glass Cannon like her should do. Take that level of damage away, she doesn't have much to offer, really. She is not a Support Frame.

There is a difference between "does a lot of damage" and "I will just one shot 140 level Heavy Gunners with full armor on like some level 50 trash".

It's just my opinion, but when frame trivialize some level of content- it's not really good for game or for other farmes.

8 minutes ago, Marakai said:

There is a difference between "does a lot of damage" and "I will just one shot 140 level Heavy Gunners with full armor on like some level 50 trash".

It's just my opinion, but when frame trivialize some level of content- it's not really good for game or for other farmes.

Comparing Garuda to true "Hard DPS frames"

You realise, unlike Gara, she does not have a 90% damage reduction and a cheap way to stack damage.

Unlike Octavia and Ash she cannot become invisible. Garuda doesn't do true damage, strip armor, cc crowds etc. (I get it her 4 can allow her blood heart to proc slash, but that's casting 1, casting 3, charging and dropping 4 then firing the 1 after it gathered enough damage through a shield that won't save you from AoE)

Unlike Saryn her AoE is annoying to cast and needs a set up. Saryn's AoE self sets up so long as you press 1 and 4 in tandem and can be done safely.

Unlike Equinox she cannot just have max range.

Unlike any other frame Garuda has to sacrifice her HP for that level of power and press an entire rotation.

Don't turn Garuda into another Ember. It was bad enough.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Marakai said:

trust me, her damage makes sense for what she does. she has to cut her health in half to do that. against lvl 140 enemies. she best be able to do what she can do or her entire theme is pointless

Frozen enemy AI in the Simulator means their AI is constantly unaware which means all damage gets the stealth multiplier... So AGG and Msage are blowing things out of the water, real world use of a frame is completely different and while yes you can do a lot of damage it's by far not OP.

Edited by SilvaDreams

17 minutes ago, Unohound said:

trust me, her damage makes sense for what she does. she has to cut her health in half to do that. against lvl 140 enemies. she best be able to do what she can do or her entire theme is pointless

Her health is only cut down by her #3 which allows her to get energy for health. Her other skills are offensive and supportive rolls, but a more in your face than say Oberon who does better sitting towards the back/middle of a group since she has a higher health pool and higher amounts of armor and can tank the damage... Which feeds into her passive that does more damage with the lower her health.

44 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Comparing Garuda to true "Hard DPS frames"

You realise, unlike Gara, she does not have a 90% damage reduction and a cheap way to stack damage.

Unlike Octavia and Ash she cannot become invisible. Garuda doesn't do true damage, strip armor, cc crowds etc. (I get it her 4 can allow her blood heart to proc slash, but that's casting 1, casting 3, charging and dropping 4 then firing the 1 after it gathered enough damage through a shield that won't save you from AoE)

Unlike Saryn her AoE is annoying to cast and needs a set up. Saryn's AoE self sets up so long as you press 1 and 4 in tandem and can be done safely.

Unlike Equinox she cannot just have max range.

Unlike any other frame Garuda has to sacrifice her HP for that level of power and press an entire rotation.

Don't turn Garuda into another Ember. It was bad enough.

Image result for preach gif

Ok i guess this has more to do with his Arca Plasmor , at 1:22 for a split second u can see his arca plasmor stats i may list those here to safe your time :

Critical Chance 41.8%

Critical Multiplier  x3,2

Status Chance 67,5%

Radiation 7020

Viral 12,637 

so it rather has to do with the viral procs  maybe even got applied twice due tue her 4 , like i dont rlly know much about garuda tho

the SECOND you use that ability that takes off half of your HP, youre gonna get your ass blown up. you have to play very well and be very aware of things to get the most out of that frame, which is probly what they intended. if youre worried about frames just wrecking multiple enemies, see also equinox, mesa, saryn, etc. nothing new. every frame that can kill multiple targets also has certain shortcomings. its no big deal.

by all means just wander around lv140 armored enemies slapping your wang on the keyboard thinking garuda is some kinda godmode frame and see how far it gets you =]

its ok, we'll wait while you record and post it xD

37 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Frozen enemy AI in the Simulator means their AI is constantly unaware which means all damage gets the stealth multiplier...

I read this and thought, "Dang it now I need to parse the video to see what happened".

Now I need a couple questions answered... Did DE change the stealth damage multiplier to apply to all damage? As far as I am aware it is only melee based damage. And are Garuda's abilities in question melee based? Her 1 could be melee type though it could also be considered ability damage, generally only the exalted/lite class abilities get the exception. The orb damage would also most likely be ability damage.

I don't have Garuda so I can't particularly test it out myself. But if first stealth damage is still only melee and second none of her abilities count as melee type, this is damage she can do at any time with the combo (which at it's base, I don't particular have any issue with). The only difference is how viable it is when she has to prepare it during actual combat.

All that said from my understanding this has a lot more to do with how slash procs operate than her ability potential. It is sorta funny to watch the players make a mockery of a system, but adamantly doesn't want DE to touch it. Though I suppose with how her orb damage functions even their ideas for IPS 2.5 probably wouldn't have stopped this anyway.

6 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

You realise, unlike Gara, she does not have a cheap way to stack damage.

Yes she does any damage absorbed by the shield is stored in the heart and stacks until released. That said, I agree with you she should not be nerfed.

Also, the video is plain bad. All it presents is the intended purpose of her 4, turning damage into slash, thus ignoring armor.

If you want to present her real level of her power- As much range as possible, 200% strength, low on Hp, stack 1, launch 4, launch 1, observe the entire map die.