Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing vs skateboard

Parcival1107

• 1 month later...

If I’m in a hurry I’m using an arch wing but if I want to relax and just have fun getting from point A to point B I’m on a K-drive. Archwings are faster that’s not a question but they are a little difficult to control at first and while the ability’s on them are nice, getting shot out of the air isn’t.

K-drives may not be as fast but you can still keep what ever buffs you have going, I have heard some AOE abilities also function on K-drives. The fact that you have no fire or melee on them does suck so your only option when running into a fight is to just keep going by or get off your board, which I’m not too fond of. Wiping out on a K-drive is also hilarious because rag doll phsyics. And the ever popular question of “can I jump off that” or “can I grind that” do make the travel just as fun as the missions destination.

I would say both have their strong suits and weaknesses. Arch wings just arnt as fun as K-drives, K-drives just aren’t as practical as archwings. But I think I can love both of them without having to have a favorite.

Would be pretty cool if we could use our secondary weapon on the K-Drive. Other than that, I only use it because I don't have the materials for the Archwing launcher yet (I hate Cetus). I would definitely use the Archwing if I had it..

The mechanics behind K-drive were surprisingly well made, and I do love how smooth it handles, and the amount of tricks they managed to squeeze into your regular controls. In the end however I mostly just tend to use it when playing with friends, when there's no rush and we all stick together. For public games it's still all about archwing, which is decent as long as you're just going in a straight line and not taking fire (really, the Corpus could have you falling to the ground just by hitting you with a rock, while crasing into mountains is no problem. Typical AW logic).

I do really hope they give archwing that same amount of love some day. Concept is great, but it's just so poorly implemented.