Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

wow i can just kick flip all day while these other dudes do all the work for me!

Spharin

hah let me just poke a few enemies and then spin circles on a lake or something, i totally did something yeah? it sure looks like i did

What are we supposed to do against players like this? There isn't an actual report catagory in-game that can report this type of behavior and if there was it could be abused. Are we supposed to leave every single squad we get an idle player or fisher/miner with how common it is? Spending 1/3rd of my time playing Fortuna content going back and forth between Fortuna and Vallis because I have to leave squads since other players are making the bounties more difficult than they should be since they're not contributing to any work. Is other ways of reporting players like this even viable? Does anyone actually know if it does anything and the official way of reporting players as such rather than just saying "screenshot it at the start and end" or "screenshot them far off away" ect. What if other players who are actually doing the bounty get reported? Even if they didn't do much progress stat wise but they're being effective in the bounties, then what then? The idlers can poke a few enemies and kill them to make it look like they have progress,. Will that make any sort of report ignored?

Is there any solution in this? It seems like players complaining about it is making more players actively do this and contribute to the problem, since no one knows if there are any actual reprecussions or any official way to report players idling in bounties. Does anyone have any statements or pages of an admin/developer commenting on a problem like this in general, even if it's unrelated to Fortuna/Vallis.

Edited by Spharin

If they're AFKing, it's leeching, but I don't think there is any repercussion for someone just ignoring the objective but still playing. I mean they aren't AFKing, and it is still labeled as free roam. AFAIK there isn't anything DE has said about this case.

Your best bet is to find a consistent group to play with, play solo, or just accept that you'll carry some games. I mean personally if I'm doing a bounty pub, and there is some mining veins near me after I finish that objective I'm gonna grab em before I go to the next one. If everyone else wants to rush that's kind of on them. I like to try to squeeze out as much reward for my time in each mission.

Edited by Parzii

It's a longstanding issue that goes back well before even the Plains were added.

I don't know if leeching is a reportable offense or not but in the meantime either be prepared to do whatever you're doing without the help of your squad, squad up with friends/clan/recruitment chat, or just stick to solo.

You know what your grandma used to say.
If you can not beat them....

I can shoot one enemy ship and have 99% damage done for rest of the game so there is no good way to detect this behavior and even if there was,why should it get punished?
They are not saying rude things to you and you can pretty much ignore them and go on with your day.
Difficulty of any bounty is so low that i can do them blindfolded while 2 dogs attack my hands in real life

yeah it's not as big as a problem as I made it sound, was just making a post of it, if it happens it happens and i can just pop out or something

always a big eye roll when it happens though

Edited by Spharin

It's because DE are so silent on this issue that makes it so infuriating. If they cracked down on leeches and made it clear that they don't want that kind of behaviour in their game then maybe we'd get less posts about this.

I recommended a system that should help tackle this issue and that's a in-game report option that save the players recent activity and once met a certain threshold would make a ticket to support so they can deal with that player because the current system is to screenshot and then send it via web browser for them to send you an automated reply.

As an additional option, when a player is dealt with send an in-game inbox message to those that reported them a generic "thank you for helping make the community a better place" So that players knew that DE is being pro-active about dealing with turd players.

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

I recommended a system that should help tackle this issue and that's a in-game report option that save the players recent activity and once met a certain threshold would make a ticket to support so they can deal with that player because the current system is to screenshot and then send it via web browser for them to send you an automated reply.

For any report system to be implemented it BETTER have checks and balances to prevent abuse.

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Yeh but it prevents them msging you after you leave. Cos they will otherwise

They only message when players feel the need to tell them that you've reported them as it's mentally empowering. "I reported you for being useless! hurrhurr" If someone is being a turd then shut up and report them and go on about your day. People who feel the need to tell another player that you've reported them should be thrown the same punishment as those that leech as it's just causing argumentative behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Naftal said:

DE just needs to start giving proper punishments for people that get reported multiple times.

For example put them into their own public matchmaking where they can only group up with other players who have been put into this system.

That's brilliant. You sir are an evil genius.

3 minutes ago, Naftal said:

DE just needs to start giving proper punishments for people that get reported multiple times.

For example put them into their own public matchmaking where they can only group up with other players who have been put into this system.

Ain't gonna be Working as intended if there isn't any checks and balances.

Just now, Joe_Barbarian said:

They only message when players feel the need to tell them that you've reported them as it's mentally empowering. "I reported you for being useless! hurrhurr" If someone is being a turd then shut up and report them and go on about your day. People who feel the need to tell another player that you've reported them should be thrown the same punishment as those that leech as it's just causing argumentative behaviour.

Not in my experience

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

More like it encourages them too keep on "leeching" because they know every so often they'll trigger a snowflake.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Not in my experience

Well I've not come across many leeches that messaged me after I've kept my gob shut. General discussion goes like this:
Me: Hey XX you coming to join us?
Them: rofl no im fishing/mining
~end of discussion~

I find it rather difficult to believe that some leech is going to get so triggered they'll PM you out of no where because they want to start a verbal slap fight, which if they do, dont reply and ignore them, simple as.

4 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

More like it encourages them too keep on "leeching" because they know every so often they'll trigger a snowflake.

Hence basically shut your mouth and just report them. No need to tell anyone, no need to tell others in the group to report them, at the end of the day letting the person know you've reported them in any kind of way will get their e-peen erect and start spewing their turd like behaviour. Best way to fight them is when they get a random inbox being told to stop being a turd and they have no idea who they triggered

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Well I've not come across many leeches that messaged me after I've kept my gob shut. General discussion goes like this:
Me: Hey XX you coming to join us?
Them: rofl no im fishing/mining
~end of discussion~

I find it rather difficult to believe that some leech is going to get so triggered they'll PM you out of no where because they want to start a verbal slap fight, which if they do, dont reply and ignore them, simple as.

Consider yourself lucky then

39 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

For any report system to be implemented it BETTER have checks and balances to prevent abuse.

It should. Every game should have logs. Last time someone tried to falsely report me was in final fantasy xiv and they ended up getting banned for 3 weeks. Only issue is you need someone looking through them all day every day