Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Raid levels again

(XBOX)wtgaming22

We need raids again. We want a level that is more unique in a way so it isn't shoot these people. Defend, capture, stand on the zone. We have been doing those missions forever, and we want something new. Now I understand that adding raids in certain areas might have some problems. Maybe it is glitchy or just don't fit with the planet levels. Maybe adding keys for raids didn't work very well. How do you solve these issues? 

Take the solar map, decently big with many planets. How does one add raids in planets like earth or venus, ceres, or sedna. Raids are meant to be pretty difficult and really endgame. We take the sun.... and put raids there. That way it won't interfere with the planet area mission nodes, and it can be for people who have 20,000 damage weapons.

How does one do that though, my idea is the void. Lots of orokin stuff there, and there are only 3 or 4 planets that lead to the void. So my idea, is that there are 4 special orokin solar rails that lead to the raids on the sun. The players would have to unlock all 4 of them for them to connect to a special giant orokin solar rail that has a series of solo missions to activate it. Like a mini quest. Once that is done, it leads a safe pathway, to the sun. 

At the sun there can be important grinner, corpus, infested, sentient, corrupted bosses and raids there on the sun. The can be at the sun for energy, or maybe the orokins left some very important artifacts at the sun. The sun can be like a main hub for the orokin for important stuff. The sentients can have a base there where they also harvest energy there to power certain new machines that they are making. Or maybe its just a main base where they are safer. But everyone has something important on the sun since it is a major power source, and anyone that has the energy of it can get a lot of profit, or power.

The tenno can drop in to any one of the missions where they have to do a series of tasks to get to the final objective. Sabotage a power core, take away supplies, disrupt the order, destroy a major power plant. Or assassinate a major person. The sun can also be used to explain why bosses reappear, maybe the energy of the sun and some orokin technology can bring someone back to life. Like Vor, so one of the raids can be to destroy a resurrection machine. ( It can explain why Alad v and other bosses is still alive even after being shot, blown up, and cut down by a few thousand tenno) 

The tasks though can be very unique and interconnected. Defend this console to keep the door open for fellow tenno to go through while waves and waves of enemies close in fast. Keep the grinner busy in a small survival mission to allow fellow tenno to slip by defenses in a separate part of the raid in a small spy mission. Make it interconnected so that certain tenno have to go to different areas and do certain task to proceed. Everyone would be separated doing different things until the very end where they complete the final objective. The final objective can also be interconnected so certain parts connect for it to allow the tenno to finish with whatever tasks

The raids can be difficult as hell so that the hardcore players have something to do. It would be a test of their skills, communication, teamwork and weapons that they had gained from all their hours of playing the game. It would be a huge, difficult mission where the best rewards are there. It would need to be difficult, like all 150 to 200 level enemies. Thats right 200 level enemies, and there can also be a timer before a tough mini boss appears to help what is going on. (Kela goes to help Sargas Ruk a bit)

The rewards would be the best and most rare materials. Ducats, prime parts, a small lone of a million credits, grofit, war rewards, and maybe even a legendary core for some missions. This would be a boost in the gameplay and content. DE pls add, I want to to missions that have story significance. 

(I forgot to add that there could be a story significance. Transmissions would do very well.)

• Like 3

When I do raids in other games, sometimes I think to myself, what if I had one of my warframes in this. I always comes to the conclusion, this <insert warframe here> would trivialize this.

Therein lies the crux of any raid that gets put into this game. There is always going to be a setup that completely trivializes the content. Making it "hard" would either be enemies that hit super hard or are so bullet spongy it becomes just stupid.

Look at what we have now? Eidolons can be solo'd. In D1/D2, other then crota, hardly anyone solo'd them. You had the elite but watching them do it you could tell between the planning of it all and the executions took them DAYS to do finally do it, if not weeks. 

True raids in warframe, sorry to say, I think its a dream that can't be realized. In this case, I would LOVE DE to prove me wrong though.

If a raid does come out? It wont be a raid, it will just be content that people piss and moan about because its not end game worthy. I also dont know if they have the people to pull it off, we also have to remember how small of a company DE really is compared to the likes of Bungie and such.

1 hour ago, (XB1)wtgaming22 said:

We need raids again.

"Need" a resource drain that had player engagement in single digit percentage.

1 hour ago, (XB1)wtgaming22 said:

a series of solo missions to activate it

This applies to content that is on the level of Trials how?

• Like 1

I feel like with Raids, Railjack is probably the best shot. I mean, what with the simple fact of not having all the people in one place and all. The other possibility is Tau, but we know too little to judge how that's going to go down.

Combat scenarios would also have to be dramatically different to what we experience now. Basically, it'd have to be more like Orb Vallis at alert 4 to even stand a chance at being tough, and the objectives would have to intentionally separate attention so players would have to deal with multiple objectives each as well, to limit nuking and whatnot, since most frames capable of that are generally limited to one place. Basically, raids couldn't be just be 'harder, more complex' normal missions.

In other words, they'd need to be very carefully constructed, so if they're on the books they're certainly not going to show up for a long while.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Investing on open worlds actually took all the developers time to improve or implementing anything new aside that...

Imo warframe took the wrong path by going to open worlds/monster hunter side... they had a lot of room to go with the raids they already had, it was just about incrementing and adjusting them...

Open worlds is clearly a short time better investment... but raids are a long term investment which imo is a lot more profitable than open worlds...

Thats my opnion and i'm aware that probably most of the comunity goes against that, which i understand, what actually pisses me off is the fact that DE do not listen to their veteran players, all DE goes for is what streamers and relatively new players shout out, unfortunatly...

Time will force DE to change the way they think, or go to the void...

o/

Edited by Netoberg

I'm guessing that once DE is finished with railjack they're probably going to work on the new war which will likely revolve around the sentients but as a possibility either as a prologue or a consequence of this mission the Tenno could find the the ship which they were trained to be the Tenno they are now. We could get get to the training site through solar rail and have  weekly raid there with special rewards as incentive. Don't know how well it will work but just a thought.

The main problem with raids is that they give a critical advantage to those players who have a good and at the same time a constant company of experienced players. The rest can't go in raids, and the majority of them. There is no suitable team, do not know how, etc etc And the gap between such players growing up. So DE and removed this mode.

On 2018-12-06 at 12:22 PM, Gwyndolin-chan said:

DE shouldn't have removed the Trials because of the requirement of a consistent company. They could have made tools to help players fulfill that requirement more easily. As it is, the chat recruitment lobby is a mess and there is intelligible matchmaking to help facilitate such content.

It's not worth the development budget. Only 10% of a game does the higher end content (and then they nickpick on WHO they'll invite. OP frames only; NASA level PCs only with 10ms connections; and make sure you can complete everything under 3mins tops). They'll simply eat through content so fast, that it's a treadmill of insatiable consumption.

Get more out of letting 90% play and stay around, instead.

WoW went from 40 man raids and "bring the player not the class"; to what it is now: want to even raid? Pay the money launderers $200 via Paypal or we'll trash your PUG or stream.

Soon there will only be single player offline gmes at that rate.

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

I don't know what you're talking about wrt WoW raiding. You can still bring 40 people into raids. 20 player raids only happen in Mythic level raiding, which really REALLY only appeals to a tiny portion of players.
Trials were 4-8 players which is significantly easier to put together a group for, even a consistent one at that. It means promoting people to stick around playing with friends, inviting new players to get in on the Trial exclusive rewards, and something to do regularly that was rewarding and challenging.

That said, better matchmaking tools and systems would benefit *all* players. Easier to grind things in a focused manner, easier for people to connect and make friends, and a faster loop that takes out the slog of recruitment chat, letting people save energy to actually enjoy the game and want to continue engaging with it and supporting the devs monetarily.

Better tools also means that elitist players can find each other, meaning more players can avoid elitism or competitiveness that they don't want to partake in.

Edited by Gwyndolin-chan

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MadCorsac said:

I don't even need a reward, just bring it back. That was fun. 

It was a buggy mess that regularly broke when other content was updated and DE were having to devote far too much dev time towards fixing it than they could justify for the small (if dedicated) number of players who actually did raids.

DE have already said raids will come back after a rework in a form that hopefully isn't a huge dev time sink.

Цитата

We need raids again.

Yes "we". We are many. Whole 10 peps. So important. Much wow.

Цитата

Trials were 4-8 players which is significantly easier to put together a group for, even a consistent one at that. It means promoting people to stick around playing with friends, inviting new players to get in on the Trial exclusive rewards, and something to do regularly that was rewarding and challenging.

You know, I really hate baseless lies like that.

Cause every single letter from the start to the end. Is a lie.

Цитата

DE shouldn't have removed the Trials because of the requirement of a consistent company. They could have made tools to help players fulfill that requirement more easily. As it is, the chat recruitment lobby is a mess and there is intelligible matchmaking to help facilitate such content

There's no such tools and there cant be any. There's 2 reqs: numbers of runs and completion to failure ratio 2 frames you play.

Цитата

True raids in warframe, sorry to say, I think its a dream that can't be realized. In this case, I would LOVE DE to prove me wrong though.

Profit taker proved DE wrong.

DE is talentless and doesnt learn when it comes to bbosses, the only thing close to a challenge they can add is to challenge your sanity by making you bounce and ragdoll all over th map for no **** reason even when you run ALL LITERALLY ALL MODS THAT SHOULD PREVENT RAGDOLL BUT YOU STILL GET THROWN AROUND like a sack o ....  you are, and use a frame that can stand the insane op damage even from "trash" enemies around that kills most tanks unless they're spam abilities non stop and use adaptation.

Edited by -Temp0-

Nah, I don't feel like being locked out of the endgame again.

Tenno, you require 7 friends to play this endgame.

Excellent use of exclusionary tactics. Goodbye.

That said, I can agree insofar as DE should look for a different kind of endgame then slamming your face into annoying bosses made of giant slabs of meat.