The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo excavation is impossible right now, the mode needs a rework

(PSN)OriginalEquinox

I recently decided to build the Sibear, for anyone who doesn't know that weapon costs 30k cryotic to build. So I got a booster and went to Earth for some solo runs because unless it's a fissure it's impossible to find teammates who stay past 20 or so minutes. I did multiple runs in Everest and Tikal and the power cell carriers spawn rate was so low in 40 minutes my average completed excavations were 10 to 15 only with me spending several minutes at a time just running around looking for enemies carrying cells.

Someone told me they reworked the mode so the more excavators active means more enemies spawn, if that's true it's good for a organised team because they can get stuff done but it's a slap in the face for anyone who isn't fortunate enough to get a team or prefer to play alone.

Please DE, rework this so the special enemies carrying power cells spawn constantly with other regular enemies, and to fix the obvious problem of having too many cells scattered around after a while, make them disappear after the player gets a certain distance from it, excavation maps are big and we're never in the same place so this will work, thanks.

Man, I hated the Sibear grind. I did the same thing as you, going to Earth, but the spawns were so low, I just eventually gave up and moved to Hieracon, cause as dangerous as those infested could get to the excavator, there were still a lot of them, and they were still helpless against Limbo. That was more than a year ago though, and it still annoys me that they haven't fixed the Carrier spawns in Solo. It's just an annoying waste of time and I highly doubt there's money for them to gain from not fixing it.

Imagine you have 50 bags from the market and you live in the 10th floor, no elevator.

You have 2 Option:

1. Transport by youself all 50 Bags.

2. Transport The bags with 3 friends. 

Whats would you choose and why?

You also have the 3rd option:

3. Dont care about bags at all.

Edited by xcenic

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

-snip-

Dang, beat me to it. Was gonna post basically the same thing.

I do agree, the solo spawns are horrible, but who knows when DE will ever decide to address the issue. I'd do 2 or 3 Hieracon missions and then take a break. Got enough cryotic in about 2 afternoons. Problem now is I need more to build more weapons!

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I recently decided to build the Sibear, for anyone who doesn't know that weapon costs 30k cryotic to build. So I got a booster and went to Earth for some solo runs because unless it's a fissure it's impossible to find teammates who stay past 20 or so minutes. I did multiple runs in Everest and Tikal and the power cell carriers spawn rate was so low in 40 minutes my average completed excavations were 10 to 15 only with me spending several minutes at a time just running around looking for enemies carrying cells.

Someone told me they reworked the mode so the more excavators active means more enemies spawn, if that's true it's good for a organised team because they can get stuff done but it's a slap in the face for anyone who isn't fortunate enough to get a team or prefer to play alone.

Please DE, rework this so the special enemies carrying power cells spawn constantly with other regular enemies, and to fix the obvious problem of having too many cells scattered around after a while, make them disappear after the player gets a certain distance from it, excavation maps are big and we're never in the same place so this will work, thanks.

I did 18k of Cryotic solo on Monday/Tuesday this week as I needed that for various things and when I ran Tikal I found hardly any enemy spawns at all, not just carriers. I moved to Augustus on Mars as there are several spots where you can easily defend 2 extractors at the same time. I took my Maim Equinox and a primary with a greater lens as well so I could get some focus while I was at it and had a booster for double Cryotic. Had absolutely no issues with carrier spawns and got my 18 k pretty fast. Before long there were cells everywhere :smile:

I might try the Mars suggestion as said above. Solo excavation is one of the worst, especially when it's in sorties. I gave up after around 14 minutes because there wasn't a single enemy anywhere. 

I was trying to farm cryotic for dojo stuff, but got bored of running around what seemed like basically a captura scene with no enemies spawned.

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

they were still helpless against Limbo

Problem with Limbo is even with max range there are still some flying enemies who manage to do damage to the excavator somehow, and since those things don't scale it only takes a bit or two to destroy them in high levels, which is why I took Frost to Earth, more manageable there

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Problem with Limbo is even with max range there are still some flying enemies who manage to do damage to the excavator somehow, and since those things don't scale it only takes a bit or two to destroy them in high levels, which is why I took Frost to Earth, more manageable there

...Yeah, Limbo was less iffy back when I did it. I dunno why infested carrier shots are immune to Cataclysm, but I guess that's just one more bug on the endless list of bugs in this game. Quite annoying indeed.

well sir if you have problem with that better go hieracon because ppl who you find in public matchmaking most of them will stay 10-20 excavation and as for earth just recently started players who just want to unlock that mission might be there if you go public so you can't blame him if he want go exit early as for the spawn rate yea even if you are with team it has some spawn issue just you didn't realize bcz 1 each player 5 cell and as for the power cell to disappear it will be not good idea because if that excavation drop on previous drop side where you did before then it will be easy because you said you have issue with enemy spawn power carrier and now you don't have to wait for them to spawn and came at you, you can just pick that cell from before which are scattered around you easy isn't it and as DE From Update 18.4 onwards, dig sites will not spawn near a freshly-excavated area, necessitating constant relocation as the mission progresses so there you go this solve the problem because i remember before update 14 that time we have to run whole map to reach from one dig side to another dig side.

...Why do they even send half-charged excavators?

We apparently have an orbital cannon with an infinite supply of excavators, but can only charge each one with the power of a single power cell.
Kinda like when they send Warframes into a mission with no energy...

...Sorry, fridge logic moment;

I think enemy spawns needs some dynamic coding thrown in for all missions, give the player/s some measure of control over how fast the enemies spawn so they can adjust their own difficulty, because there's never a one-fits-all when it comes to this sort of thing.

7 hours ago, LAWEIT said:

because if that excavation drop on previous drop side where you did before then it will be easy because you said you have issue with enemy spawn power carrier and now you don't have to wait for them to spawn and came at you

True but what if I'm on one side of the map and all the power cells are scattered on the other side hundreds of metres away, and if I try to go get one I risk having the squishy excavator destroyed but more carriers won't spawn because there's a bunch of cells already on the map.

My solution will let them spawn regardless of where you are on the map without any issues because it might take 10+ minutes before another extractor spawns near a previous one meaning you're gonna have to sit and wait for one or two cell carriers to spawn before that

It's been a while but last I tested it out the map will spawn a set number of power cell units at a time and if these units are stuck ( Osprey were very guilty of this ) or not being relocated by the spawning script then you would never see one This is similar to how you will see a maximum number of Nox or other special units. If you CC the 2 Nox that spawn in Solo runs in a corner while killing other units you will never see another Nox spawn until one of them dies.

To my knowledge this still happens as I witnessed it in a Fortuna excavation bounty just yesterday. Power cell units decided to hide behind a wall quite a distance from me and so I had to run and hunt them down in order to get more to spawn. A while back DE tried to make the spawning script less conspicuous by having enemies run to a location more. You can see this in Exterminate missions very easily but I think that's inadvertently cause some pathing issues as even in Exterminate missions they don't always run to catch up and simply stall at their previous location.

I don't think there's any way to prevent this problem but there are ways to mitigate it. Not using invisibility helps. Enemy Radar also helps. Not leaving CC'd or Slowed units behind when moving to another location. Higher level maps and of course Nekros.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

True but what if I'm on one side of the map and all the power cells are scattered on the other side hundreds of metres away, and if I try to go get one I risk having the squishy excavator destroyed but more carriers won't spawn because there's a bunch of cells already on the map.

My solution will let them spawn regardless of where you are on the map without any issues because it might take 10+ minutes before another extractor spawns near a previous one meaning you're gonna have to sit and wait for one or two cell carriers to spawn before that

sir didn't you read from update 18.4  new dig side won't be deploy on new side of map which are farm from the previous digging side and yea as you said sir i mention it earlier too before this update 14 -  that time what you said we have to face that problem because the digging side will drop/spawn any where in map and it will hard to find power cell about since they change it now you don't worry about it and as for spawn rate not now before too if you go solo in any mission spawn rate will be lower compare to group. tnx