Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Damage still overtuned

Jabberwookie87

so I ran my Vauban prime in missions with level 30+ missions often, especially Hydron.. (also star chart corpus to Clairfy). But on Fortuna I noticed a level 30 moa and crewman can almost oneshot me. That's crazy overtuned, or the scaling is... becomes very frustrating.. you almost have to forgo any role set ups and just run defensive mods. I get the fancy weps and launchers and beam turret sentries along with other new stuff but, a regular crewman and moa dishing out 400 to 600 damage a shot is crazy. I feel like I am playing 60+. I get some people are gonna get all sour about this because they like the "challenge" but that's what enemy level scaling is for... play higher levels.

Edit: also, anti air rockets go right through any archwing defenses, on PoE if I used amesha 2 would stop the rockets... they are basically invulnerable from corpus. maybe its meant to be that way idk...

Edited by Jabberwookie87

Elite enemies was added to the Game and they appear at lvl 30+. They can appear when you are at Temple Of Profit or Orokin Digging site (so further out of Orb Vallis). Those enemies are tankier and more damaging than the normal nerfed enemies so that’s why they are damaging you harder than you would expect.

Edited by GPrime96

"Elite enemies was added to the Game and they appear at lvl 30+. They can appear when you are at Temple Of Profit or Orokin Digging site (so further out of Orb Vallis). Those enemies are tankier and more damaging than the normal nerfed enemies. "

I am just talking about the regular crewmen and moas... I get fancy elites doing more damage and being tougher.. but I ran a few missions with my clan to test it because we were suspect of something being a little off... some over our set ups we use in sorties and massively struggling on fortuna at level 30.

The enemies at launch were definitely over-tuned for Venus, and DE has actually dialed back their first nerf at the whining behest of out-of-touch brats "veterans," which still leaves newer and/or less masochistic players in a bind.

Edited by Dreddeth
  • Like 1

I find they're OK for the most part, with the main exception being the Overtakers (DE, I thought we got past the high-damage repeat-fire homing attack cheese when you designed the Tusk Bombards?) or when they decide that they can shoot through the tiniest of gaps that you can't even see through with perfect accuracy. Or just when you're indoors. So, basically, whenever your capability to dodge is limited by some factor. Which is a problem considering how much of a major role dodging evidently plays in Fortuna.

• Like 1

I would just test the damage of the units compared to their star chart counter parts... the basic enemies like crewmen and moas are way more scary that the elite units... that's where the crazy damage is coming from... we even took down a big ass yellow orbs spider with ease(by comparison), where as the basic units will damn near one shot you if you are on the more casty untanky frames. I think that's the units that was over tuned and probably over looked when they went to nerf it the first time. all of us are MR 22 and up so its not that lol... more casty frames especially get frustrating because its like playing 60+ when its only 30 when it comes to the more basic units. they might as well take your shields and health numbers away and just give you a single Zelda heart.

Am 12.12.2018 um 05:58 schrieb Jabberwookie87:

massively struggling on fortuna at level 30

Am 12.12.2018 um 06:33 schrieb (XB1)General D1rtbag:

Even my tankier frames get stomped by them. Which makes doing some things in Fortuna a bit excessively difficult. 

I really wonder if i play a different version of Warframe...

"massivly struggling" - "tankier frames stomped" - are you sure you are not exaggerating?

Are you failing the bounties? Are you using all of your revives?

I mean, i played squishy frames only in Fortuna (Mag first, then Banshee) but i would never use words like you.

Yes, i died every now and then because i was in lazy mode maybe or lost a bonus in the interception or spy here and there, but thats it.

I really would like to see a gameplay-video of what you are talking about, because i cannot really believe it.

I really dont want to be that "git gud guy" (if someone only replies only with that, for me that only counts as arrogance or trolling),

but if you are really serious with the words you used, then you definetly can still learn a lot of stuff and shouldnt be blaming the game.

Am 12.12.2018 um 06:21 schrieb (PS4)cdzbrbr:

You are playing with one of the worst warframes and probably the least suited for orb vallis

Vauban might not be the best frame, but you can throw down multiple bastilles and vortex' and remove a lot of the threads by completly CC'ing a lot of enemies (not all ofc) and if you feel like it even use the 1 for additional CC. I played him on Fortuna aswell 1 or 2 times - he is not the best, he is not even fun there imo, but still, you do something wrong if you are "massively struggling" with a frame that can CC that much.

I think you play a different version.

I am not saying over all damage in fortuna should be nerfed.. there is just some mechanics that need taken a look at... One test I did was with a specific damn near unkillable valkyr build I have... there is a bug( i think its a bug) where you will get hit by a (edit: homing undodge-ible) missile barrage that if you can tank the damage, it will send you into orbit from being hit about 20 times in about 1 second. It's unbalanced.. period.. think I am unskilled? by all means add me as a friend ingame.. I am not shy.

Edited by Jabberwookie87
needed detail

On 2018-12-12 at 6:33 AM, (XB1)General D1rtbag said:

I'm a veteran player and these enemies are just frustrating. Even my tankier frames get stomped by them. Which makes doing some things in Fortuna a bit excessively difficult.

I am playing Saryn with 300 armor = 300/(300+300) Damage resistance = 50%. 
And i feel unkillable until alert level reaches four, then as they scale up it starts to get hard, but that is kinda the point of the last alert level.

So what Tanky frame are you playing?

To be fair, I've been having similar issues when I play Trinity prime.

Even when I'm using Blessing (75% damage resistance) + Link (75% damage resistance) and stand united (25.5% armour, which admittedly is a small increase for trinity as it only rises to 25) I still have to be really careful not to get CC'd otherwise I'll get killed in about 3 hits.

I understand that everyone wants a challenge and I do too, but I feel that they might need to make some slight adjustments so I feel that I actually have damage resistance.

as a note, they may have tweeked some of this stuff on the latest update unoted... I am not running in to as many problems... or getting attacked by series of explosions from supersayian god bots... ofcouse I only run tanky frames since :crylaugh:... but to re-explain I meant this post to show that some of the mechanics just maybe need tweeking... not a wide broad nerf.. hell maybe even up scale things here and there if need be..  if you are having trouble Id only run in groups with glassy frames... if you are solo... tank way up. I just want to help make fortuna as fun as possible:)

Edited by Jabberwookie87
detail update

• 1 month later...

Honestly the enemy scaling in fortuna is probably the most fun ive had in warframe for ages me and my squad go there to farm and its awesome actually having to build frames that can survive and still farm effectively. Please stop trying to get hard content removed some of us enjoy it and if you dont want to do it then break the reinforcement poles

I've been a critic of some of the new OV Corpus attacks/abilities but honestly...as long as I keep moving, I'm OK (mostly). Just running around doesn't cut it though. Two or three trash mobs, sure, but when trenchers/mine layers/that crazy grappling moa start showing up, staying airborne is almost a requirement. Run, Jump, Aimglide, Shoot, Repeat. If I stop moving to place a shot...standby for knockdowns, knockbacks, knockups, stuns, etc. Weapons like the Catchmoon and Arca Plasmor are great if you're terribad at shot placement like I am. If I'm going to melee > Run, jump, slide, spin to win, jump away. Did it die? Doesn't matter, gotta keep moving.

As far as tuning..Lvl 30 Terra Corpus kinda feel like survival on Mot. You're holding your own and feeling good then "BAM" you just got dead and you're not sure what just happened. A lot of the time it's due to the sheer damage you take when down on your rear and attempting to get back up. Two knockdowns back to back puts most frames in a pretty bad position. It's completely possible for a pair of Trenchers to come in on the same teleport and simultaneously launch their "jetpack attack" before the blue haze from the teleportation animation begins to fade. It's the equivalent of rounding a corner and meeting 3 ancients that immediately hit you with grappling attacks and keep hitting you with grappling attacks until a Corrupted Crewman empties his Strun into your face.  If anything needs to be "tuned" it's what composition of enemy units are allowed to come in via the same teleport.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually feel Fortuna is a step in the right direction as far as difficulty is concerned. If you want to do well in high-level bounties you have to keep REALLY mobile and be REALLY careful for bombs and stuff.

One annoying thing is the Nullifier spam, but that's kinda okay because it's pretty much the only thing that can stop Limbo from trapping everyone in a Cataclysm and picking them off, or Mesa from just Regulating the difficulty.

It's badly balanced at lower levels. Like I didn't fail a single high tier bounty, however when I played some low level bounties (for lith relics) I actually failed two.

A lot of players are like "JuSt GiT gUt" but at low levels defense targets are waaaay squishier then in high levels, time limits are too short especially for players which might not have AW's and if you take into consideration that these players do not have gear "veterans" have they are possibly playing better then a veteran who sits with mesa and nukes everything with his 4.

So this whole flexing thing... it's actually harder to play tutorial then it is to play sortie with Umbral builds, adaptations, rivens...

• Like 1