Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want to report players for "afk" playing

Andrew7811

Question

I've recently played through a few fissure interception missions on public matchmaking where two of my fellow players would play "afk" where they wouldn't move their characters when necessary such as reviving me or someone else who died. I had one guy who played hydroid and "defended" a point by staying puddled. If I went into bleedout cause my defensive abilities were canceled cause of nullifier bubbles and then took bombard rockets in the face, the hydroid player standing beneath me would stay puddled beneath me and not move to make an attempt to revive me. Another player I came across appears to have placed a specter with an ignis on a point and went far far away and did nothing else.

I want to report people who I would describe as griefing by playing AFK for rewards but there's no category in game that would let me do this. What should I do when I come across players who choose to intentionally play in an "AFK" manner?

• Like 1

On 2018-12-28 at 11:24 AM, PsychicKitty said:

I personally may have been a Hydroid doing the pool thing....and not rezzed people.....especially when I am holding like 50 enemies in my pool. 

I also have gone into pool form when super surrounded.....I don't typically use the pool unless I am getting slaughtered and the team I am with as well.

Though I have played with a few AFKer and leechers….the leechers tick me off more....because you can see them deliberately doing it.

The AFKers sat back at the entry point and did nada...this happened during some spy missions and mobile defense missions.....but could have been worse...they could have annoying messed up the missions for everyone.

Now leech wise....in one mission a player deliberately killed them selves to get the credit during a sorty.

In orb valis….a leecher stayed back by the entry door....until the team killed the profit taker and then came in and got the rewards......I unfortunately died my final death and got nothing....so it was a bit annoying.  

Now I myself became an almost  leecher in one sorty, because for some reason a door in front of me wasn't opened for me.....it was for other players and enemies.....so I just killed the enemies because they spawned right where I was...to run at the other players trying to destroy the big gun.

I think what this game needs is some items to Teleport team members to you to you...that way if they afk...you teleport them right in the middle of the fight.

If they are leeching...you teleport them right into the fight....if they are stuck...you can teleport them to you and they will help.

That's my personal suggestion....a constructed item allowing the teleportation of a single team member.

It can have a prompt so the person can elect to not be teleported to stop griefing or to teleport instantly to not have to wait….but it should other wise have a timer of say 5 or 10 seconds....and teleport them if they don't select the prompt.

And to prevent bots or auto click...the buttons should move, switch from the left or right side of the prompt, swapping every so often....to make people actually stay alert and active. 

I dig the teleport idea for bounties and quest missions! General farming in the open spaces... Maybe not, but if people take on a quest or bounty that's what they should focus on. 

On 2018-12-19 at 4:53 PM, Andrew7811 said:

I've recently played through a few fissure interception missions on public matchmaking where two of my fellow players would play "afk" where they wouldn't move their characters when necessary such as reviving me or someone else who died. I had one guy who played hydroid and "defended" a point by staying puddled. If I went into bleedout cause my defensive abilities were canceled cause of nullifier bubbles and then took bombard rockets in the face, the hydroid player standing beneath me would stay puddled beneath me and not move to make an attempt to revive me. Another player I came across appears to have placed a specter with an ignis on a point and went far far away and did nothing else.

I want to report people who I would describe as griefing by playing AFK for rewards but there's no category in game that would let me do this. What should I do when I come across players who choose to intentionally play in an "AFK" manner?

It can be worse. Yesterday went into an exterminate mission which I could solo, and had "Public" groups on. Went about mowing the "lawn".

Saw a guy spawn and he didn't move. Went back there, and what was he doing? Knealing by the door (no intent on moving). I asked him if he was going to play? No answer. He remained there just knealing. Same way that guy in the Void mobile defense did, too ... knealing by a door as shelter to avoid NPCs.

Same pattern usually means they're -- bots.

Probably some folks are running multiple accounts, hoping no one notices they're there to get mission bonuses.

DE may have to make a kick timer on these AFKers: no activity within a minute you're sent back to the Liset deal. A minute is long enough to load 4 people at a spawn point.

5 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

It can be worse. Yesterday went into an exterminate mission which I could solo, and had "Public" groups on. Went about mowing the "lawn".

Saw a guy spawn and he didn't move. Went back there, and what was he doing? Knealing by the door (no intent on moving). I asked him if he was going to play? No answer. He remained there just knealing. Same way that guy in the Void mobile defense did, too ... knealing by a door as shelter to avoid NPCs.

Same pattern usually means they're -- bots.

Probably some folks are running multiple accounts, hoping no one notices they're there to get mission bonuses.

DE may have to make a kick timer on these AFKers: no activity within a minute you're sent back to the Liset deal. A minute is long enough to load 4 people at a spawn point.

Maybe 3 min, 1 is pretty harsh. I've had to step away from time to time for a quick bio break or to answer a door for a delivery. It would suck to get booted in the middle of a longer run, especially because those kinds of pub groups are hard to find!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRT_LovesSushi said:

Maybe 3 min, 1 is pretty harsh. I've had to step away from time to time for a quick bio break or to answer a door for a delivery. It would suck to get booted in the middle of a longer run, especially because those kinds of pub groups are hard to find!

3 minutes maybe too long, as speed runs last about 3 minutes (especially in exterminate). 2 minutes then.

Objective is to not let the AFK/botters "win".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

3 minutes maybe too long, as speed runs last about 3 minutes (especially in exterminate). 2 minutes then.

Objective is to not let the AFK/botters "win".

If you actually AFK an entire mission, I’m pretty sure you don’t get anything.

Obviously this system would have to be lenient as to not insult new players who are genuinely trying.

But I think there is already a system in place.

• Like 1

On 2018-12-28 at 8:24 PM, PsychicKitty said:

I think what this game needs is some items to Teleport team members to you to you...

This falls into the category of Auction house or Kick-Feature imo.

It would be nice to have for sure but like the other ideas it has severe flaws. Think about this.

Leecher or troll stays behind, rest finishes the mission. Right before they were on extraction or maybe when they are waiting for the last person, said one uses the teleport and all members are at the start again.

And if you can only teleport one member or put the teleport on a cooldown you still can troll others

13 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

It would be nice to have for sure but like the other ideas it has severe flaws. Think about this.

Leecher or troll stays behind, rest finishes the mission. Right before they were on extraction or maybe when they are waiting for the last person, said one uses the teleport and all members are at the start again.

And if you can only teleport one member or put the teleport on a cooldown you still can troll others

Or, what they're doing in survival/defense: have one that races to extraction and just stands there killing mobs there, for easy extraction if everyone dies. They'll be guaranteed loot and no "mission fails". With the void traces, they also don't lose their relic (if they avoid killing any fissure NPCs).

16 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

That's why you have a prompt.

You see in another game people did troll others by teleporting into bad places or at wrong times(they would invite you to a team teleport you to their group which was in the air above a bunch of giant monsters. You would then appear and if you didn't fly you would drop into them and the monsters would attack and kill you.  But after some of those trolls accidentally teleported a developer for that other game.  The said developer first messed with them by spawning super bosses on top of them .

But then they decided to have a prompt.  Which if someone try's to teleport you, you can click no.

Though I personally suggest a yes and no prompt and timer.  As in if you don't click you just get teleported.  If you hit yes you teleport immediately if you hit no then they cant do much .

And to prevent the typical bot afk stuff you simply have the accept and decline options switch every so often.

Edited by PsychicKitty

On 2018-12-20 at 7:53 AM, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

I'm confused.

Sounds like those players were successfully defending each of their interception points. That's sort of the goal of the mission no?

If they move away from their points to yours to help you out, the enemy will capture their points.

Seems to me that you just went to the mission unprepared, and while your squad mates managed to protect their interception points, you weren't able.

What am I missing here?

Leecher?

Zarr bomb in the face. That generally makes people react.

On a serious note, if you do see Leechers who did 0% damage or kills maybe someone’s just mapnuking the tiles before they get there. That happens. If you die in interception tho, learn from the mistake and bring a Mesa, Nova, Ember, Hydroid, etc.

As for the quote:

If you run a decent Mesa you end up killing other people’s mobs for them, so you can cover for a reviving player or nuke the whole place for a breather or 5 seconds. If they take the point again jump on it and nuke again, shouldn’t be too much of a hassle.

Well, for me I look AFK sometimes, but I'm not because I'm still loading (though it doesn't sound like they were still loading, just defending their interception point). 

This happens in POE, and Fortuna mainly, but it does happen in normal missions sometimes too.

If I'm doing the final POE/Fortuna Bounty, I'll load after the 3rd or 2nd part is done.

So if you see me, and you think "Why is Gray not moving, why are they AFKing??",

just remember..that I need to upgrade from my laptop and get a nice desktop lol

On 2018-12-19 at 4:53 PM, Andrew7811 said:

I had one guy who played hydroid and "defended" a point by staying puddled. the hydroid player standing beneath me would stay puddled beneath me and not move to make an attempt to revive me.

are you saying you are not protecting your point, and went to hydroid's point?

how frustrated when i see other players running around then losing the point then slow us all down in interception missions...

Guarantee reporting someone for afk has a 0% chance of resulting in any kind of punishment.

the game already has an in-built reward diversion for a detected AFK. If they somehow avoided AFK detection, then they’ll have some semblance of post-game stats, and if DE reviews the post-game stats that has some numbers in it, no matter how skewed or small, there’s no way to prove it was intentional and not a bad game/a bad player. They’re not gonna stomp on kids like that. Your wish has been denied.

besides, it sounds like they were doing their jobs lol...it’s interception, 4 points for 4 players. It doesn’t matter how annoying you find their play style, if he can hold his point he’s contributing.

Make sure they aren’t in operator. I see people sneaking around leveling their amps on Hydron from time to time. AFK playing isn’t bad in my opinion. I’ve had to suddenly run AFK for something plenty of times. Bathroom, etc. Once I stepped away (someone knocked at front door) for 2 waves on Hydron and folks complained... end mission progress report showed I still had most damage and kills.  

This is a long grinding game. Extractors are mining while you’re AFK. I don’t mind AFK players because a lot of times, those mr3 guys on pug Eidolon hunts are best left hiding and not needing to be revived all the time. Or on spy missions trigging alarms and losing data. Same goes with Hydron when someone has to rank up a crap weapon and rank 0 frame. I forma’ed a Lanka 7 times and Rhino 5 times in an afternoon. Weapons are easy now for Mesa’s 4 makes Hydron easy work (20-30 seconds a wave)

On the plains, I get folks mad at me because I’ll go in by myself for farming and fish. No bounty. People come in and start dying and complain I’m not helping. 

If someone wants to go AFK and not help, fine. If it takes 5 minutes to bust a defense wave, I bail on A cycle.  

For Sorties, I’m at the point where i can solo them no problem. But I pug them anyways. 

The problems I’ve been seeing lurking the forums and in game is people complaining about the smallest thing... like every pug eidolon hunt my buddy and I do. People complain even though we carry them. And we do 2 tricaps in a night cycle. And we do all the work ( I play DPS and end with around 60-70% damage dealt). He plays shield buster and lure keeper. 

There are very little situations in which I rely on a pull party. Vault runs is about the only thing. That and turning in the spawning totems for the tricaps but typically we bust the first eidolon out so fast that’s rarely an issue. 

So reporting AFK players is petty in my opinion. I’d rather not waste DEs time. Instead report people harassing players. If someone doesn’t pick you up in a mission, don’t hate them. Just don’t pick them up. Simple eye for an eye. Worst guy I’ve dealt with was cursing at us during a tricap and refused to pick us up. My buddy went down and he came over to tea bag him and he went down too. I picked both up even though that kid ended up on the Reported for language list for DE. Mind your mics is all I ask. Or stay in priv party chats and problem solved. 

3 минуты назад, (PS4)Jaterac сказал:

I’ve had to suddenly run AFK for something plenty of times. Bathroom, etc. Once I stepped away (someone knocked at front door) for 2 waves on Hydron and folks complained... end mission progress report showed I still had most damage and kills.  

The situation you've mentioned is fine, a couple of waves afk is not a crime, if you need to run out for a minute or two. However, 15 waves on hydron with 0-1% dealt damage in a pug group in not a support frame is a report from me (that's concerning Hydron). As far as my experience in WF goes, there is no such nuke frame which will 100% deny you kills in 15 minutes of playtime. 

I guess I won't have an argument valid enough for you to explain why, but not making an effort in a grinding game makes me think that the said player has already burned out/has no interest in playing, so why do it?  

In regards to POE and OV - I usually don't pug these modes, but one thinking that getting free bounty rewards while they gather resources is quite selfish, since resources aren't shared within a team, ergo this is leeching. Even if it is possible for me to carry the bounty solo. 

A coop game implies that you cooperate with your teammates. It does not require anyone to speedrun the mission and sure does not mean that, when choosing a public mission, to waste anyones time. Afaik devs have a similar outlook.

Call it petty if you want, but for me, effort is fun to witness and be a part of. 

On 2018-12-20 at 1:42 PM, mushypancake said:

Then there's me and a few others who can't contribute in defense when some just spam their 4*saryn COUGH gara COUGH* and kill them before they even come out of a door and you're there just standing around admiring the floor design.

True

• Like 1

On 2019-01-08 at 5:25 PM, (PS4)Jaterac said:

Make sure they aren’t in operator. I see people sneaking around leveling their amps on Hydron from time to time. AFK playing isn’t bad in my opinion. I’ve had to suddenly run AFK for something plenty of times. Bathroom, etc. Once I stepped away (someone knocked at front door) for 2 waves on Hydron and folks complained... end mission progress report showed I still had most damage and kills. 

Being in operator =/= leeching 100% of the time. I've been to hydron leveling an amp countless times and for certain amp combos I've ended up with the most kills *cough* New Venus 666 amp *cough* (even with the 777 I had more kills as operator than  2 of the guys in the squad, granted they were both below MR10 but still)