Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small QoL idea: each mastery rank reduces foundry build times by 1%

Roikan

Agreed, veterans who already went through the grind should have some slack when it comes to those long af build times I built 3 of the 4 Moa parts and forgot to build the legs somehow (probably because there's only one option so I overlooked it) and now I have to wait 24hrs till the legs are done, would've been nice if I was able to reduce that time without spending platinum or waiting

Good idea.

23 minutes ago, MajesticPinecone said:

as much as id like this people would just complain that they cant get max time without having to try out all the gear

People complain all the time but it doesn't always (and it shouldn't) stop DE from making QoL decisions. Warframe is still a game about loot and tons of gear so there's nothing bad in giving MR more value.

I'm a yes and no here. Yes because higher mastery levels would mean less "grind" for veterans. No because it would greatly encourage newer players to cheese the MR system. If you don't know, Draco was a thing back then and it was the most horrible experience of the xp grinding. I don't want to sound like an Elitist but how would you feel seeing MR20-26 people who's time played is roughly 200-400? I expect them to at least have great combat experience and game knowledge before reaching higher Mastery Ranks because that is the point of having them but nowadays MR is becoming unattached to skill level.

55 minutes ago, Shalath said:

Reducing build times means you are less likely to get impatient and rush with plat so it won't happen. Vets should not have advantages like that over new players either as they have had plenty of time to accumulate plat to rush builds.

Just as fast as you accumulate plat, you can spend it even faster. Frequent traders are the ones that would have lots of plat, not necessarily high MR players.

(Personally, 10p or 100,000p im not gonna spend that on rushing any items.)

7 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

No, throwing Plat at it is ordering the item from Space Amazon rather than letting the 3D printer do the work.

I'm talking about speeding up the crafting process with plat.

Edited by Ksaero

4 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Let's look at this from keyfabe terms. How exactly would us getting more combat experience make the 3D printer work faster?

Is it combat experience? Assuming, probably fairly so, that with further combat experience and gear gained we as frames/operators gain a general understanding of the starmap and what it contains, and throughout the process are building more frames, weapons, gear, items, etc, that we, or at least Ordis given he is the one really doing all of this, is learning more and more about what it takes to build what, I don't think it would be a stretch to say that with 25 MR's and the associated amount of experience he has figured out a way to optimize the foundry to build items 25% faster than originally. 

Long story short optimization like that is fairly normal and does come with experience. You could add caveats that Ordis isn't an engineer, and neither is the operator, etc, but there are plenty of aspects of our game play which are accessible to us despite limitations like that so, meh.

EDIT: To make it balance, DE could make this only apply to certain items like frames/weapons, or alternatively just modular parts. Things like forma, catalysts, etc which I hear they dont want to mess with can remain the same (lore explanation can be something like "Orokin Technology").

Edited by (PS4)negativ21

2 minutes ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

Is it combat experience? Assuming, probably fairly so, that with further combat experience and gear gained we as frames/operators gain a general understanding of the starmap and what it contains, and throughout the process are building more frames, weapons, gear, items, etc, that we, or at least Ordis given he is the one really doing all of this, is learning more and more about what it takes to build what, I don't think it would be a stretch to say that with 25 MR's and the associated amount of experience he has figured out a way to optimize the foundry to build items 25% faster than originally. 

Long story short optimization like that is fairly normal and does come with experience. You could add caveats that Ordis isn't an engineer, and neither is the operator, etc, but there are plenty of aspects of our game play which are accessible to us despite limitations like that so, meh.

I mean, you can have all the knowledge in the world, if the 3D printer is one of those slow ones, it's still gonna take the same amount of time.

3 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

I mean, you can have all the knowledge in the world, if the 3D printer is one of those slow ones, it's still gonna take the same amount of time.

Well I said upgrade, so I think your missing my point. Also, I'm sure that if you *actually* had all the knowledge in the world you would just build yourself a better 3D printer in that hypothetical scenario. What I'm saying is just a shrunken down version of that. With a little more knowledge & Know-how comes a bit more expertise for Ordis to upgrade the printer. 

34 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

There is one way to speed it up and that is Plat. Why would DE let you get around that with in-game resources?

Why would DE let us do anything? Why would they let us trade Vitus Essence for Amber stars. Why would they make our lives better by simplifying mining from tracing --> timing. Why would they make it so Arcanes in Fortuna come pre-built when we farm them, instead of having to make them like we used to? Why make any changes to the game if we're all completely content with where its at? Honestly, I don't know, something fishy going on here bro. 

Anyway no one is saying get around with in game resources. Its an additional aspect to add meaning on to MR. If 25% is too much than half that. Something is better than nothing.

Lowering craft times based on MR would damage the effectiveness of newly-released wait-walls for fresh content.

However, it would be nice to get reduced craft times for mastered items. This would make it easier for veterans to rebuild gear they had used previously and discarded to check out new changes or try out a Riven.

38 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Lowering craft times based on MR would damage the effectiveness of newly-released wait-walls for fresh content.

However, it would be nice to get reduced craft times for mastered items. This would make it easier for veterans to rebuild gear they had used previously and discarded to check out new changes or try out a Riven.

Hmm, this has spurred an idea: what if instead of crafting times being reduced according to mastery, how about in-game time at set intervals? Let's say your total in-game time hits 20 days, so your crafting time is reduced by x percentage, can be adjusted to whatever seems most meaningful, and at 10 day intervals? That would work together quite well in addition to your proposal - you want to encourage and reward dedication and loyalty to the product.

24 minutes ago, Mach25 said:

Hmm, this has spurred an idea: what if instead of crafting times being reduced according to mastery, how about in-game time at set intervals? Let's say your total in-game time hits 20 days, so your crafting time is reduced by x percentage, can be adjusted to whatever seems most meaningful, and at 10 day intervals? That would work together quite well in addition to your proposal - you want to encourage and reward dedication and loyalty to the product.

I foresee lots of players leaving the game running while they do other things, ans moving on occasion to avoid the idle kick.

I still think any "loyalty discounts" should apply only to gear the player has already mastered. It shouldn't apply to new content.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

It is entirely possible to get to high MR without spending a single cent. DE does not owe you their time for free. You want convenience? Pay for it.

Not necessarily bud. I guess those examples I stated were just ignored. QOL changes such as those, and many more unnamed out of memory, were clear examples of convenience based changes which were implemented through DE time and affected all WF players. I don't think anyone payed for them, people didn't even specifically ask for them. They may not necessarily owe me, but its in their best interest, this being a F2P game, for them to keep us happy, and given the turn out on this thread, Id say you are in the minority right now.