Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So- Is Redeemer Prime new Tigris Prime? One-shot level 160 Bombard/Heavy Gunner

Marakai

So here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo5BxbSfkfc

My questions are:

1. Wasn't Redeemer suppose to NOT crit in shotgun mode? It crits in video quite a lot- is it possible it's bug or it is a prime feature?

2. So it's new Tigris Prime that is MR10 and can one-shot level 160 bombard without any Riven? 

3. Ain't it a little bit too strong then?

Edited by Marakai
  • Like 2

It's good but tbh not that broken, it's still singke target and fires quite slow. Pretty much the same reason the Tigris Prime is not gamebreaking. 

Those crits are weird tho. But since he doesn't show build and mods it's hard to understand what's up. Afaik the only way to make gunblades crit is to use additive crit chance boosters like an Adarza Kavat or Arcane Avenger or Harrow. 

Edited by Autongnosis

il y a 5 minutes, keyosbringer a dit :

16 seconds into the vid he showed the build

Uhhhhh just how did i miss that. Welp. 

Well there's nothing in there that suggests critting unless the last hotfix broke/fixed something. Or it's a bug with unalerted state which is the only other source of yellow dmg numbers. 

The player in the video is getting head shots though. I doubt it will be oneshotting everything with body hits

EDIT

To be clear, if a player is skilled enough to land head shots I see no problem with it and deserves to have a weapon of that caliber

Edited by Olphalarepth

14 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Neat. same build I ended up with. yeah its strong, but as others have said. Its like the tigris prime. Very high damage, but slow.

Building it gas however is kinda BS. Like oneshotting a group of Corpus.

It's not the same as Tigris Prime. Tigris Prime can't one-shot 160 lvl Bombard even with 2 of it's shots.

Not to mention it was one of the reasons Tigris Prime, while being king of shotguns- was not broken. Because at some point you had to go for slash build to be able to deal with high-level armored enemies.

Also Tigris Prime is a MR 13 weapon, kind of a staple of this MR.

Yet here we have - easier to aquire, lower rank shotgun that can easly one-shot level 160 Bombard.

I get that people like new toys same as people defend their broken rivens- but it's way too strong for MR10 weapon.

Tigris was already making most shotguns look weaker but Redeemer Prime make even Tigris look like MR7 weapon. 

• Like 3

I wonder did you make the same thread with Rubico Prime and Gram Prime came out

I doubt how he get this damage output. Even with CO and 100% status I don't think it's possible to oneshot lvl 160 bombard. Redeemer Prime has the same charged shot damage as the normal counterpart.

Edited by Marvelous_A

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Marakai:

I get that people like new toys same as people defend their broken rivens- but it's way too strong for MR10 weapon.

Tigris was already making most shotguns look weaker but Redeemer Prime make even Tigris look like MR7 weapon. 

uhm, don't get it.. what have MR to do with how strong a weapon can be? it's just a restriction when you can use it.

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

I wonder did you make the same thread with Rubico Prime and Gram Prime came out

I wasn't around back then. Though Rubico Prime if you look for YT tests does not really oushine Vectis Prime or Lanka. It's a side grade with it's own ups and downs.

Redeemer Prime is straight upgrade to Tigris Prime, and it's not slight upgrade. We talking about one-shotting lvl 160 Bombard here.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Marakai:

I wasn't around back then. Though Rubico Prime if you look for YT tests does not really oushine Vectis Prime or Lanka. It's a side grade with it's own ups and downs.

Redeemer Prime is straight upgrade to Tigris Prime, and it's not slight upgrade. We talking about one-shotting lvl 160 Bombard here.

as someone pointed out a few lines ago it seems to be almost headshots.. if this is so.. i'm pretty sure you'll able to kill almost everything with a nice build and a headshot from a single-shot prime weapon.... 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

uhm, don't get it.. what have MR to do with how strong a weapon can be? it's just a restriction when you can use it.

Partially agree, but MR 13 was that nice reward on journey when you could get your hands on Tigris Prime, the king of shotguns, which was just a step really from being totally OP weaopn, but it's not, it didn't go that far.

But now you have Redeemer Prime that can do what Tigris Prime does but way better- why to even bother with Tigris Prime now?

I know MR is not always an equivalent to weapon power, however most top weapons in game are generally MR10 and higher due to fact that well.... you have something good waiting for you in that rank.

I for example don't have anything against Gram Prime as it's MR14 weapon. Is it as straight upgrade to Galantine Prime? Maybe, but galantine is MR13. It's more logical you get better weapon on higher MR than other way around.

Besides- shotgun that can one-shot lvl 160 bombard? Come one.... How much more we want to trivilize this game. Rivens were not enough?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Marakai:

Partially agree, but MR 13 was that nice reward on journey when you could get your hands on Tigris Prime, the king of shotguns, which was just a step really from being totally OP weaopn, but it's not, it didn't go that far.

But now you have Redeemer Prime that can do what Tigris Prime does but way better- why to even bother with Tigris Prime now?
Besides- shotgun that can one-shot lvl 160 bombard? Come one.... How much more we want to trivilize this game. Rivens were not enough?

i didn't try it for myself so i  - as most people here - can only guess...

but as wrote before.. it looks like headshots.. with a tigris prime you'll also be able to kill on lvl 160 with headshots.

question should be (provided the shots were mostly headshots) is the player so talented or is there a bug were you just target near head to get headshots?

It's decent but not exactly fast killing. Let's not forget it takes a bit skill and timing too, that alone might be too much for some.

As you have to sacrifice a potentially far harder hitting melee weapon for it, I wouldn't recommend it other but for fun, people without a badass melee weapon/riven and maybe Melee 3.0.

Oh God we have a good gun blade let's nerf it... the MR is pointless otherwise you could argue that a lot of weapons are to strong for the rank. The Hek as a  example or the Dread... it's not important what MR it is because a weapon is just good with the right mods and a MR 10 will likely not have the perfect mods all maxed for that weapon. Also it's not stronger than Tigris prime... it's a completely other type of weapon.

Threads like this are the reason why some weapons where nerfed into the ground.

Edited by DerGreif2

1 hour ago, Marakai said:

My questions are:

1. Wasn't Redeemer suppose to NOT crit in shotgun mode? It crits in video quite a lot- is it possible it's bug or it is a prime feature?

2. So it's new Tigris Prime that is MR10 and can one-shot level 160 bombard without any Riven? 

3. Ain't it a little bit too strong then?

1. Redemeer Prime have upgrade in critical status (from 5% to 16% and crit multi from 1.5x to 2.2x). I see no problem with it.

2. Condition Overload should be an answer. Viral status halve the HP. If Tigris Prime build the same way it should also have the same effect.

3. I think you misunderstand something. Like it's shown in the Video, some enemies don't died from a shot. It's just that he headshot the Bombard. I think if Tigris Prime build the same way it shold have one shot those enemies easily too.

Edit : Oh, and before you argue about Tigris Prime cannot one shot Bombard... Slash damage deal half damage to Alloy Armor... I think you can calculated the rest...

Edited by NocheLuz
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Toran said:

It's decent but not exactly fast killing. Let's not forget it takes a bit skill and timing too, that alone might be too much for some.

As you have to sacrifice a potentially far harder hitting melee weapon for it, I wouldn't recommend it other but for fun, people without a badass melee weapon/riven and maybe Melee 3.0.

Here is one with Riven: starts on 4:46 (before he doesn't equip all mods) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC9BuqgPNhw

One shots level 130 corrupted heavy gunner and lvl 130 corrupted bomber. 

No headshots or crits here so I guess first video is a bug as here you can see all numbers are white.

Still deletes them like lvl 50s..... 

Edited by Marakai

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Marakai:

Here is one with Riven: starts on 4:46 (before he doesn't equip all mods) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC9BuqgPNhw

One shots level 130 corrupted heavy gunner and lvl 130 corrupted bomber. 

No headshots here so I guess first video is a bug as here you can see all numbers are white.

Still deletes them like lvl 50s..... 

they are in sleeping stat, unalerted and not really one shoted... as there is the status chance rised up you get 100% in it. they just bleeded out while shoted several times. 

the alerted heavy corrupted needed 5-6 shots. as you would need with a tigris

Edited by (PS4)NewcastleDisease

7 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Oh God we have a good gun blade let's nerf it... the MR is pointless otherwise you could argue that a lot of weapons are to strong for the rank. The Hek as a  example or the Dread... it's not important what MR it is because a weapon is just good with the right mods and a MR 10 will likely not have the perfect mods all maxed for that weapon. Also it's not stronger than Tigris prime... it's a completely other type of weapon.

Threads like this are the reason why some weapons where nerfed into the ground.

"Good" and broken are two different things.

The reason why WF is getting not fun for me personally is that with rivens and such new weapons like that no content apart from sitting 2h in endless run provides any challange at all.

Sorties 3 are already a joke without even a rivens equiped, yet what we get is more one-shot everything weapons and give them dispo 4 riven because why not.

You have whole right to have different opinion and criticize mine but so I have right to express my opinion about the state of the game where everything is so trivialized that new content can't simply catch to this whole "power fantasy" creep thing.

It's of course my opinion but I intend to keep expressing it on forum, which is a place for that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

they are in sleeping stat, unalerted and not really one shoted... as there is the status chance rised up you get 100% in it. they just bleeded out while shoted several times. 

What? That heavy Gunner and bombers walk to him and shoot him, there are in no sleep state. It's bum and they are down. Are you watching from time staple I gave (4:46)? Before he does not use fully modded Redeemer (he has 3 slots free to show how broken it is even with empty slots).

vor 1 Minute schrieb Marakai:

What? That heavy Gunner and bombers walk to him and shoot him, there are in no sleep state. It's bum and they are down. Are you watching from time staple I gave (4:46)? Before he does not use fully modded Redeemer (he has 3 slots free to show how broken it is even with empty slots).

and again: it was a headshot. shot a corrupted with a tigris and a nearly same build in his face. you'll see: same effect.

all other was unalerted, or in sleep while he kill them...

any other try needed 5-6 shots to get them down. even with status on 100%