Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Excalibur?

SinfulViolet

11 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I made the mistake of picking Loki as my starter back in the day

"Mistake", what? Loki was literally one of the best starter frames at the time. You could clear like 90% of the star chart solo AND extremely fast with Loki since back then you could have Invisibility up like 100% of the time.

4 hours ago, BDMblue said:

I did that too god it was a bad choice. You can’t kill anything, have mana problems, easy to kill... was tragic. Great frame later though when you get mods.

Did people really have that much trouble with playing as Loki?

Edited by DishSoap

3 hours ago, DishSoap said:

"Mistake", what? Loki was literally one of the best starter frames at the time. You could clear like 90% of the star chart solo AND extremely fast with Loki since back then you could have Invisibility up like 100% of the time.

Loki was rather weak during the early stages of playing Warframe (by this I mean a combined factor of the game being in a young state and we, the players being new). Without the mods required to make Invisibility long enough to warrant its energy cost, majority of the mission you were running around without any useful abilities.

Of course, like BDMBlue said, once we progressed to a later state with access to better mods, he was definitely one of the best.

21 hours ago, DishSoap said:

I think you had a modded Loki not an unmodded one.

if you need a test put R1 vite R1 shield and a gun with R1 sat R1 of an element and use that to fight level 25-35 guys.

its one of the worst frames unmodded. Try any of the other starting frames same setup you’ll see how much harder it is with Loki.

He's a decent all rounder starter frame? Has a very player friendly kit, is flexible with modding, and scales fairly well early on, he's a frame that can ease players into the game fairly well and without setting bad habits like saying iron skin spam would. Late game he shines less with his lack of survivability tools, with not particularly high armor and no defensive buffs in his kit you really have to be careful how you handle him, but since high level content is sparsely necessary in warframe that's a lesser issue. He's an ideal frame for casual content with an excellent kit (pardon radial javelin) that can stay quite fresh through the months. 

On 2018-12-23 at 12:02 AM, -Sentient- said:

and you will get an upgraded versión of it later in quests,so dont use formas on it.

I kept my normal Excalibur regardless of this “better version” because it’s not always better. Normal Excalibur is just as good as the “better version” so I would suggest keeping the normal one unless some how, you managed to get the Prime. I know it’s impossible to get the Prime but it’s still a possibility in the future. 

On 2018-12-23 at 12:04 AM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Thanks to the augment for his 4, and the ability to mod it as its own weapon, Excalibur can kill lvl 300+ enemies with ease.

The only problem you have to get around is his comparative squishiness, and there are things that can help with that.

Radial blind and slash dash (with aug).

give that a whirl. It’s pretty fun.

On 2018-12-23 at 3:48 PM, SinfulViolet said:

I chose him as my starter frame, and I really like him.

I've picked up and leveled some others, Banshee and Rhino but I still find myself enjoying Excalibur much more.

Still learning the game, but do you think Excalibur is a Warframe that can last far into the higher levels of the game?

What do I think of Excalibur?

Well, he has a reputation as being “a noob frame,” which is sort of a stupid thing to say, but there are a LOT of noobs running around on Excalibur.

In my opinion, Excal is very good for the start and middle of the game, you could probably even say he’s one of the best frames to use for the first 40-50 hours of Warframe.

IMO, it’s higher level content where he drops off prettt harshly.

High level Excal play is spamming blind, getting in a finisher or two, maybe some slashing and spam blind again.

When it comes to late game, I’m not aware of anything Excal does another frame can’t do better, but he’s still viable.

You can play a Excal for as long as you like 😄